Fixes for TF Animated figures

Jin Saotome

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hunter,

I prefer nail polish to Super Gule. Super Glue makes me nervous.

And high.

Also, on ball joints that are unseen (like the ankles on MP Prime), you can cut a little square of electrical tape, one that is just big enough to wrap around the "ball" part of the ball/socket joint. Put it on the ball with the sticky side touching and then pop it back into the joint. I use this fix on my MP Prime (loose ankle joints) as well as a ton of Gundam models.

found a good fix for the 2 pack megatron

ultibingn8.jpg

Surely he can't be that bad, the G2 powermasters and Armada Smokescreen are that bad but the two pack megatron looks alright for what he is to me.

I was just really let down with him you just fold him at the knees and move his arms and thats it. also his space thing mode sucks and WTF is going on with the sword mode?

I just fixed my Lockdown......I went cave man on mine though. I bought an exacto knife, heated the tip and I just melted the plastic away.

found a good fix for the 2 pack megatron

ultibingn8.jpg

He is ugly

if you have a bot with the "no paint sticks" plastic, DO NOT TRY TO MELT IT.chances are it has some ABS or styrene resin plastic which will just turn to carbon when heated after being molded originally (kind of like a cd case) . it can be slow heated to become malleable but it will not melt away clean like the polypropelyne or polyethelene plastics.

QUESTION:

What is the preference for Ball-joint tightening?

Personally I use Nail Polish. But when a master like Jin suggests a method that I have found to be unreliable and DANGEROUS, such as Super Glue, with out even giving the other option - I am inclined to think that maybe I am doing it wrong.

Thanks Jin for all your help!

probably using too much. it's like the old saying, a dab'll do ya. too much super glue will ruin the joint.

Yeah, Lockdown lasted 1 full Hour in my place. After i transformed him I noticed his right elbow hinge (hook arm) was real loose. Could not support the weight od the hook. after closer examination I was the the plastic surrounding the hinge was cracked! Back in the package and off to the walmart it went. it's a shame cos i really likeed the figure after I got it. to bad he's packed 1 per case.

Two days later I went back to see if there was a new shipment and there he was the Lockdown I returned. You know how I knew, because it was sealed up with the same BROWN packaging tape I put on it when I returned it...that's how! hahahaha

So far so bad this line is. A lord amount of pages for fixes on these new toys. Me personally I have had to return not one but TWO figures cos something was broken right out of the package...and this is just the first wave.

I know that we've all had to do some tweeking on our toys before but this really is the worst Hasbro has delivered.

Archived