Fixes for TF Animated figures

Jin Saotome

You live in the US? Just return it and get another one.

(If you don't have the box, go buy a new one, take that one out of the box, put the old one in that box, and return it.)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, i prolly will, was hoping it might be fixable, as i ordered it online and it's a pain to deal with returns that way, ahh well.

Zekren

*ahem*

(If you don't have the box, go buy a new one, take that one out of the box, put the old one in that box, and return it.)

Buy a new one from Wal-mart/Target/K-Mart, put the broken one in the new box and return it to the store you bought the second figure from with the explanation "It's defective." They can't tell the difference.

If you are unable to go that route, then I'd suggest contacting Hasbro about a replacement rather than go through the store you purchased it from. Hasbro will send you a postage paid label, you send it to them and they will send you a replacement.

I went through this whole thread and didn't see this problem. On Lockdown's engine/weapon, I assume that when you twist the header around, the guns are supposed to pop out. Well, they don't on mine. I have to force them open which looks like, over time, will just make the thing break.

I contacted Hasbro and, as usual, they're sending me a return box for a replacement. Except that they don't guarantee that I'll get the same toy back. Lame. So I don't know if anyone has encountered this issue and if there's a fix. I'm not so mechanically/modificationally inclined...

So far, though (joint problems aside), I just love how these toys look. I have Prowl, Ratchet, Prime, Lugnut, and Lockdown. I didn't know that so many others were released the same day. But by the time I got to the toy store, they were fairly cleaned out. Went back yesterday, they had one Lugnut and a whole mess of two-packs.

Guest Buck Bailey
I went through this whole thread and didn't see this problem. On Lockdown's engine/weapon, I assume that when you twist the header around, the guns are supposed to pop out. Well, they don't on mine. I have to force them open which looks like, over time, will just make the thing break. had one Lugnut and a whole mess of two-packs.

It's not when you turn the top round. You want to depress the tiny nub on the plug. It's meant to trigger when you plug it into Lockdown or Ratchet's arm.

Actually i got it from www.bigbadtoystore.com and contacted them first they were very prompt and courteous, my replacement should be on the way tomorrow free of charge...definitely glad i bought from them, they didn't even ask for a return of the defective, which surprised me rather thoroughly.

I've never regretted dealing with BBTS. The only reason I didn't pre-order all the Animated toys from them (and I'd have wave 3 now if I did!) was that I enjoy the in-store toy hunting. I check BBTS first for all my imports.

If you are unable to go that route, then I'd suggest contacting Hasbro about a replacement rather than go through the store you purchased it from. Hasbro will send you a postage paid label, you send it to them and they will send you a replacement.

Actually i got it from www.bigbadtoystore.com and contacted them first they were very prompt and courteous, my replacement should be on the way tomorrow free of charge...definitely glad i bought from them, they didn't even ask for a return of the defective, which surprised me rather thoroughly.

Zekren

Zekren

Then I've gotta say KUDOS to BBTS. Cool!

Zekren

i'm in the UK and they did the same for a dodgy Classic Ramjet missile launcher - they was gonna send the whole toy & i was like WOAH DUDE just sent the launcher with my next order & keep the rest for other people needing spares

i had another package that didn't make it to me & they sent another straight away with no hassle whatsoever

i know i can get stuff cheaper on ebay but nothing can compare to great customer services

[/<3BBTS<3] :P

It's not when you turn the top round. You want to depress the tiny nub on the plug. It's meant to trigger when you plug it into Lockdown or Ratchet's arm.

Ah! Thanks, Buck. (I feel like Tweaky saying that.) Looking at the instructions again, I totally missed that. (I was at work when I read it.)

Appreciate the clarification..

Archived