Official TF: Animated Toys Love-Fest

Lord Madhammer

But i am holding out on prowl until we see Samurai mode.

While I totally want the Samurai armor, Prowl's my favorite character on the show, and I didn't want to take the risk that Samurai Armor Prowl was all neon'D up into less show accuracy or something like that.

Same. I was going to wait it out but now with rumors of a new paint scheme popping up I'll just go with the original.

Where'd you guys hear this? about the new paint scheme that is? Don't wanna buy normal, and then samurai, and don't wanna wait, and then get disco-colored samurai prowl :P

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where'd you guys hear this? about the new paint scheme that is? Don't wanna buy normal, and then samurai, and don't wanna wait, and then get disco-colored samurai prowl :P

From right here.

+ Prowl with sidecar Armor toy, with new weapon, colors and fix hands. When asked, they revealed that Prowl with still be a deluxe and the sidecar will not transform.

From right here.

+ Prowl with sidecar Armor toy, with new weapon, colors and fix hands. When asked, they revealed that Prowl with still be a deluxe and the sidecar will not transform.

The only thing troubling i suppose is that "side car does not transform" so along with all the "new weapons", means that he doesn't actually get samurai armor?

btw - whats wrong with his hands now?

The only thing troubling i suppose is that "side car does not transform" so along with all the "new weapons", means that he doesn't actually get samurai armor?

This is my thought/question as well.

Doesn't matter to me though since I have Prowl and I'm totally content with him. But I did tell the kids that there'd be another version later, so I hope I don't get PWNED on that.

oh well, come on SDCC

OK, so for the new guys I got this weekend:

Lockdown: BADASS.

Black Arachnia: She is way cool. VERY poseable and fun to fiddle with, all around a great toy

Starscream: :win on a stick. His arm blasters are a little weird with the missiles, but even so he's still cool.

Lugnut: Great toy. Awesome vehicle mode, but he suffers from the Movie Blackout syndrome of HUGE vehicle mode transforms into tiny robot mode. I wish they could have added a swivel joint on the neck so he could turn his head as well.

Prowl: Excellent toy. I wasn't originally planning on getting this version in favor of the upcoming samurai version, but then thought better as there is NO way they would do a 2nd release in the same colors, and I really dig the original color scheme. He's super poseable and has an interesting transformation as well.

I foresee some Japanese or Hong Kong Transfans making a garage kit for Animated "Samurai" Prowl akin to the garage kits for Classics Cliffjumper and Ultra Magnus.

From right here.

So... there's a Prowl with extra armor, but it's not the sidecar, cause that won't transform? How...useless :P Wonder what the color will be.

I just got TFA Starscream and he's GREAT!!! So much better than I expected. Hasbro tried harder with these than the movie figs all the way. :tfgrin

tried harder with these than the movie figs all the way

To be fair, the movie figures were a lot more ambitious compared to Animated. The movie figures are based on incredibly complex movie models - e.g.: Optimus Prime's CG model has 10,000+ moving parts. The Animated models on the other hand are relatively much simpler (hence why some Transfans refer to them as "Disneyformers").

I personally think the level of engineering behind both Animated and the movie lines are quite good - but they were both going for two entirely different levels of visual aesthetics here.

Basically, getting a toy that transforms from this...

transformer_camaro_01.jpg

...into this...

300px-MovieBumblebee_promorender2.jpg

Is quite different from getting a toy to transform from these two modes...

240px-Bumblebee-animated.png

While I absolutely do appreciate the engineering that's gone behind the Animated toys - on the whole they engineering on these figures is quite clever considering the unorthodox cartoonish nature of their vehicle and robot modes - we should try to appreciate these toys in context of what they're trying to achieve.

Archived