Official TF: Animated Toys Love-Fest

Lord Madhammer

just got my two pack prime and megs. megs alt mode is kinda ass, but his robot mode (except the gun) is awesome. and prime, well, hes made of win. I may just have to get rid of some of the battle damage or change its solour, though, the black doesnt really work all that well, imo.

But that axe is so awesome it hurts.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think, although I don't know why they did this, that Lockdowns hands are made the way they are because of the hook. if you look when the hook is attached his hand fully extended is right up against the inside of the attachment.

So...ummm...I got Cybertron Mode Optimus today and, OMG HE TOTALLY SUCKS DONKEY BAWLS!

No, I'm kidding. He's awesome. Officially my new favorite Deluxe-sized Prime.

I got Starscream, Lockdown and Cybertron mode Megs today. They're pretty cool; Meg's gun is way too huge and attaches in a stupid way, plus the sword form is stupid. His alt mode still looks like a flying electric razor to me though. Starscream is fairly awesome, my only complaint is that he doesn't stay together too well in alt mode, his legs come unhooked from the back so I go to push them back in and the wings start to flip over, I go to fix those and accidentally force the nosecone in. Sigh. Lockdown is awesome, if his hands flipped all the way out, I'd have nothing at all bad to say about him. Also, is Lugnut wave 2? I was really looking for him, but seeing as they had a dozen of every other character and not him, I'm guessing he's still to come.

I think Lugnut is wave 2, but he's out there. I have him.

Turns out there was a payment process problem with the bunch ordered from BBTS, though. So I'll have to wait even longer for my 4 deluxes (Optimus, Bumblebee, Lockdown, and Prowl).

I have half the scene set up already, but right now it's Ratchet and Grimlock vs all the Decepticons!

Well, Wave 1 is just now hitting stores near me (only one in fact, a TRU), so I'll probably have to wait a bit yet. Now that I've futzed them for a few hours, I like them even better. Megatron isn't so bad now that I've just super-glued his cannon onto his arm, since the connector was broken anyway so it barely stayed put and because his arm looks dumb with that big clip hanging off without it. I also noticed that his shins clip into his chest in alt mode, holding him together better. I don't know how he works on the show since I've never seen it or care to, but I imagine it being an extremely powerful but slow repulsor vehicle, like the AAT in Star Wars. Starscream's sneer and claws are cool, and I did notice and dig the shark-faced missiles. I tried his arm panel pop-out thing and decided never to do it again since two panels popped right off entirely and it looks kinda stupid with them extended anyway. It's also cool that you can pose him balancing on one foot like he's blasting off or whatnot. Lockdown as I said, is just awesome. He looks equal parts reptilian and insectile to me, like an alligator crossed with a hornet, especially if you leave his weapon hanging on his back with the hook extended. And how can you not love that alt mode? That's gotta be the most evil car I've ever seen.

that trend goes back to the "honey mooners"

i got off track...

i always remember this gushing at the start of nearly every new series, then it wears off. i haven't seen any in my area yet but you guys are pissing me off with the "i've got them all" already. gonna hit walmart today but last week they still had pegs jam-packed with movie stuff

Make sure to ask. One of the Walmarts I frequent had pegs full of movie figs. I finally was able to get a hold of the department manager and she said, "Oh...do you mean these figures over here that we put on the seasonal aisle?" There they were...with all the summer waterguns, garden gnomes, and sprinklers. They could just be well hidden.

Nope still none to be found... but they've got more movie toys than they ever had...

Picked up Lockdown yesterday. Outside of his hands (and a quick snip-snip with my X-acto knife should fix those), he will be full to the brim with win.

I picked up SS & BA today. Haven't had a chance to fiddle with them, but SS looks badass in jet mode.

I picked some up today: Lockdown, Bumblebee, Bulkhead, Prowl, and the Battle Begins two-pack.

Lockdown is win, but I broke off his hand trying to "fix" it. The good news is it still can be placed snugly in his arm in robot mode - and even looks like I fixed it now. *sigh* I have no skillz.

I was pleasantly surprised how much I like the two-pack Cybertron Megs. He's fun, I like the spaceship mode, and the battle damage doesn't bother me. Now I don't feel so much like I spent $20 on an ax for my Voyager Earth Mode Prime.

Prowl is outstanding, and my Teen Titans Robin can sorta kinda ride him, so I'm planning a :animated-Justice League-Teen Titans crossover - When Lex Luthor, Mr. Freeze, The Joker, and Doomsday team-up with Megatron and Lockdown, Superman and Batman are gonna need a little help from Optimus Prime and crew. :geek

Archived