Official TF: Animated Toys Love-Fest

Lord Madhammer

My Voyager Prime is on his way in the mail... so hopefully in about two days or three ill have him..

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have this bottle of mezcal that came with a poncho (actual term is zarapé) from mexico. it fits perfectly on lockdown for the look of the ep. its a little to colorful but not bad.

I really hope I don't become a scale phagg...

Oh well. It's likely.

:heheh It is unavoidable.

FYI Bumblebee is a bit shorter than Prowl, who is a bit shorter than Ratchet, who is about a head shorter than Vgr Prime. I've heard through the internets that Ldr Bulkhead isn't all that tall, but I'm sure he's big enough for the job.

Yeah, I tried not to think about this stuff, but once you realize that you can do it, at least with the core group of Autobots....

For some reason, it bothers me 0% that Lugnut is so small. Perhaps because he's so freaking awesome and who cares; maybe because he really hasn't been in the show all that much.

And he is freaking awesome -- G2 Ramjet colors FTW

(though his mace gave me fits until I realized I was being a tard. thank goodness b/c I almost broke it)

I'm am totally gay for Autobots, so I'm likely to end up with extra toys just to have the Autobot team all together in scale. Sigh...but it is awesome to potentially do them all up right.

I think I'm still going to end up with three Primes. >_<

And Lugnut DOES bother me, but ta-da! There's Voyager Bulkhead to save the day and fill a niche.

LOL, you and me both... I got Cybertron Mode Prime and the Earth mode battle damage Prime, and now I got the Voyager one on the way... ahhh so many Primes so little time

I knew that if I popped the TF: Animated cherry that I'd end up getting them all :argh

LOL to this.

that trend goes back to the "honey mooners"

i got off track...

i always remember this gushing at the start of nearly every new series, then it wears off. i haven't seen any in my area yet but you guys are pissing me off with the "i've got them all" already. gonna hit walmart today but last week they still had pegs jam-packed with movie stuff

Make sure to ask. One of the Walmarts I frequent had pegs full of movie figs. I finally was able to get a hold of the department manager and she said, "Oh...do you mean these figures over here that we put on the seasonal aisle?" There they were...with all the summer waterguns, garden gnomes, and sprinklers. They could just be well hidden.

Nope still none to be found... but they've got more movie toys than they ever had...

FINNALLY tracked down a few figures... the manager at walmart is holding them in the back until they get rid of some of the movie stuff.. i had some guy go to the back and pull three boxes to open. i ended up with lockdown (win), Grimlock (win) and Blackaracnia (good game) skipped prowl in favor of waiting for the samuri version and cyberton prime just because i have enough ugly primes and after the new wears off ya'll will be selling him on the endcap.

before i found someone willing to pull some boxes there was one other guy walking aimlessly in the dept looking up and down shelves with a hungry look in his eye... i tried to find him after i got my stuff but he had disappeared. he said he'd hit 5 other stores in town. so, dude in the green hat, ask the chubby guy with the goatee to pull boxes for ya.. he will.

I knew that if I popped the TF: Animated cherry that I'd end up getting them all :argh

LOL to this.

Well..... I was eventually able to bring myself back from the brink. I'm totally getting Leader Bulkhead, though. I already have Vgr Prime, Prowl, and Bumblebee, and my kid didn't want Ratchet :shrug so I traded with him for my Vgr Bulkhead (which they'd given me for Father's Day). :tflaugh

Such transactions are common in our house. The only stuff that's off-limits for them is whatever makes it to the Glass Shelves of No Return. Usually it's boring stuff like statues and such anyway.

LOL to this.

Well..... I was eventually able to bring myself back from the brink. I'm totally getting Leader Bulkhead, though. I already have Vgr Prime, Prowl, and Bumblebee, and my kid didn't want Ratchet :shrug so I traded with him for my Vgr Bulkhead (which they'd given me for Father's Day). :tflaugh

Such transactions are common in our house. The only stuff that's off-limits for them is whatever makes it to the Glass Shelves of No Return. Usually it's boring stuff like statues and such anyway.

I wish my son liked to trade. Usually if he has a figure I like, or vice versa, it's "Go buy another one." He has a Galaxy Force Flame Convoy I've been trying to wheedle him out of, but he won't trade it to me for anything but my Unicron. Which ain't happening.

You don't feel guilty giving back your kids the thing they bought you for Father's Day?

LOL to this.

I wish my son liked to trade. Usually if he has a figure I like, or vice versa, it's "Go buy another one." He has a Galaxy Force Flame Convoy I've been trying to wheedle him out of, but he won't trade it to me for anything but my Unicron. Which ain't happening.

You don't feel guilty giving back your kids the thing they bought you for Father's Day?

Not since I paid for it :lol

No, seriously, we always talk about stuff like that before making any "deals". They told me at the time that they wanted to buy me Grimlock but couldn't find him. :tflaugh I love the honest transparency of kids.

I also have a thing about not wanting to buy a toy twice unless it's absolutely "necessary". With three boys, that could get expensive fast. Not to mention that their interest in toys ebbs and flows -- I've been burned before when I've dropped cash on something they were all ZOMG about, only to find it completely abandoned a week later.

Archived