Do you agree with KO's ????

Bumblerod

I thought they were fine when it was very, very limited at first but then when the price started reflecting that of the originals tfs and they seem to be set on remaking them all my answer becomes a big fat NO. I'm curious about the current lead level my bootleg optimus prime has and wtf is his tires made out of??!?! The things are still gummy/sticky.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm OK with KO's, especially the newer high quality one's like Mirage.

You see, I only collect reissues, since I like to open new things, and put the stickers on myself. Even if I could afford to, I'm not interested in buying mint originals to open.

In my book:

Reissues = Knockoffs = Reissues. And I'm fine with that.

As a matter of fact, when you take something like the US TRU reissues, or the recent Encore reissues into account, IMHO the Swoop and Mirage KO's are of a better quality.

What's this about? are we talking about intellectual rights or something? If it is, like KO as copies of the genuine rights, let's just let the law deal with it... are there any actions from law enforcement? or should there be? let them do the job :roll

We're just consumer.. I think for us the options are, to buy it or not to buy it. you may buy coz it's cheap.. you may not buy it coz it's bad quality or you are a perfectionist collection... ;)

KOs are fine if...

1- The prices are low, which they ARE NOT on the new G1 fake reissues.

2- They're easily distinguishable as fake, so people don't get ripped off on them.

3- The original company claims they have no intention of re-releasing the figures, as Has-Tomy once said about the Dinobots (supposedly)

I agree with Tripredacus - KOs are evil as bootlegging is a form of theft (intellectual theft). "Thou shalt not steal." And "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" - I was burgled three times last year. I hated it when people stole from me... why should I do it to others?

I agree with them when 100 of my TF are in boxes, and I'm in need of some war fodder.

And if they're nice, like that Armordillo thing. He's just as good as the original, and tons cheaper.

I stray away from ko's because I would just rather have the official product. Some of it is ocd, some because random company B is stealing intellectual property from company A. And like Hellscream333's post said, these new reissue ripoffs make it difficult not only to identify the real deal on ebay but make it even tougher to trust a seller of a supposed vintage item. I want Swoop, I want Mirage, but I don't want to pay for something that isn't real. Some people seem to think that the reissues from Tak and Hasbro are ko's in spirit, but they come from the companies that started the line and I know what I'm getting when I buy their toys. With ko's getting something of good quality is like searching for that needle in a haystack, you probably won't ever find it and if you do that will probably be your last time doing so. And my last point is that if something terrible happens in the future and I need to sell my collection I'll feel better knowing that all of my figures are real and that I stand a chance of getting a real return on my hobby (God forbid).

Archived