Do you agree with KO's ????

Bumblerod

Do you agree with the current crop of KO's ?

I dont have a problem with them being available on ebay as they come from the east and ebay dont give a crap as long as they are earning money but its when the online stores start selling them that I get pi$$ed off, I dont understand how a person running a legit business in the USA or UK can sell what are nothing more than fakes with out getting in the crap

You wont find the local jeweller selling a fake Rolex or Tag next to the originals so why should it be any different for toy retailers

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really like the idea of KOs anymore. I used to but then I got involved in the music business where I learned you can't steal from the people making the business stay together.

I don't like most KOs, unless they are handled properly. For example, I don't care if China makes KOs but you shouldn't buy them in the United States. I don't understand how stores like Big Lots or other small stores get away with selling both the real and fake toys at the same time.

I didn't mind the Star Saber/Victory Leo set tho because it wasn't originally a US product. The other stuff is bad tho. The only other thing I don't mind are those crazy oversized items, because those are just funny. And I don't mind REALLY OLD KOs, like Blow Sperior.

I actually don't buy KOs anymore. Most of them where never very good anyway.. you really get what you pay for. They're fun if you have a creative habit of repainting and messing around with toys rather than having to destroy the real thing.. I haven't been blessed with that stuff.

If the KO is as good as the original - or even a few steps down - then that changes things in my opinion. But if I can buy the real thing, I more than likely will. KOs are something of a rarity and are kind of hard to come by.. atleast from what I've seen.

Of course, you'd have to wonder if Hasbro or Takara really cares in the long run if someone is taking their molds and using them. They could very easily find these companies and shut them down someway or another.. and I can't say I've seen them do much of anything in that department.

What pi$$ed me off was before I got rid of my G1 I bought a Swoop from ebay, it looked nice and vintage it had worn paint and sticker wear and I paid a load of cash for it, I got him and was pleased until I read the guide to KO's and realised the reason my launcher wouldnt fit in the peg hole was it was a fake, the seller had just worked on it to make it look vintage.

:tfhuh Sorry to hear you got douped bumble. I have the KO Swoop. I have to say I'm not an opener and if ?I ever become one I'll only display my stuff. So I trick myself into believing, Swoop, mirage and the newly aquired Slag I have are the real deal. Also if anyone is interested, They have now "re-issued" Sharkticon and Metroplex. Oddly enough they're now knocking off big ones, i.e., Sky-lynx and Metroplex. Yes I know Skylynx is an official encore re-release but I'm told the quality of the encores is a little shabby. They might aswell be KO's then. I do buy the Ko's because I refuse to pay 100's for toys kids either were rich enough to get two, one to play with and one to keep in the box, or someone saw that as an investment. I'm sour grapes all my old Gen 1's were given to toys for tots when I turned 13. So I'll be buying sharkticon and Metroplex just not yet. :clap

I only find acceptable KO's that a decently smart person can tell is a fake. I can still accept "Metals Transform" Binaltechs or the Robomasters boxset(delta seeker and X-gunner in a Victory Saber box), but the not the "unlisenced reissues".

If we're talking the KO's that are stamped china with no Has/Tak logo and are sold in odd packages than yeah, sure. Because I can obviously tell the difference. It's these "unlicensed reissues" that have got me in a tivvy. I really want an original Swoop in good condition but I just can't take the chance of getting a KO from some ass selling it as a legit product. So I will probably never buy Swoop. The same now goes for Mirage. Those are some of the few that I wanted to finish my G1 collection and now it's simply not going to happen.

That is exactly MY complaint with these KO's. It's definetly more harmful than helpful to the collecting community. I hope Hasbro DOES try to do something to end this coruption.

Archived