Most disappointing TF

Calcifer

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G1 - Terrorcon Blot. Transforms from robot to...something with feet...and back again! But even as a kid I couldn't expect too much from a combiner limb.

BW - Transmetal 2 Scourge and Optimus Minor. Just uggghhhh.

RiD - Bruticus (not ruination, Bruticus, the cerebrus-dog thing). WTF?

Armada - Well, most of Armada sucked wang IMO, so I'll just leave it at that. I really liked my Japanese Shockwave (color accuaracy FTW!), and the Starscream and Red alert molds rocked as well.

Energon - Any Energon Autobot with the exception of Landmine & Bulkhead. All the rest sucked ass.

Cybertron - Thundercracker, Backstop, CDT Hot Shot pissed me off because he should have been bigger than his first incarnation, not smaller

I also have to bring up GF Sonic Bomber. I spent ages trying to get hold of the figure for a decent price, and when I did, I found him impossible to stand, swords wouldn't stay in the wings, and the damn strip of plastic under his eyes wouldn't lay straight! GRRRR!

I'm kind of surprized I missed this thread.

I'm actually pretty forgiving in most cases with Transformers.. the new ones anyway.. because they are far more advanced than anything we ever had as a kid.. yes, even Armada Sideswipe... who really doesn't have much of an excuse for being as Blotty as he is, but hes light years ahead of some combiner limbs, throttlebots and duocons ala G1.

On the list of stupid crap that I have though, being thats why I'm posting.. not to spout out philosphical bullBlot..

Armada Sideswipe/ Universe Oil Slick - Redeeming qualities? Hardly any. Although the use of that flip panel for the bike minicon is cool. Why I have 2 different versions? You can thank Beast Machines Black Aracnia for being bad ass awesome for that.. In this day and age, there's no excuse for something so terrible.. though I don't really know what a kid's take on this guy would be.. and that would be interesting to see. But atleast A Sideswipe has a fellow retard to fight.

Armada Tidal Wave - He's not bad by himself.. bricky, but not terrible.. his combined form with megatron makes me weep. Just doesn't work.

RiD Prime and Magnus - Oh sure, they are gorgeous to look at, but getting them into their respective forms (and combining them) will take you hours.. and they are hardly even stable. I love em, and I hate/fear them.

G1 Throttlebots - They all transform the same! And they don't even look good!

G1 Headmasters - I'm using Squeezeplay as my only refferance (the only one I had) .. stupid idea. Who in their right mind displays their weaknesses on their chest anyway?

.. thats really all I got.

Armada/Cybertron Blur, Cybertron Wingsaber, Thundercracker, & Armada Smokescreen definitely deserve to be on the worst ever list.

As does the Energon Dinobot two pack. I really feel bad about it because the seller I received it from probably went through hell getting it. The first time sent the package went missing. I'll still value it as part of my collection however for the effort said member put into coming through with it.

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned Wheelie yet... or if they have I missed it.

..... no, I'm pretty sure he's in here some place.. someone always has to say Wheelie when talking about "bad transformers" ..

"Most disappointing" implies that you expected more than what you actually got...

"Most disappointing" implies that you expected more than what you actually got...

:07laugh

How one can expect anything from a mold as bad as Wheelie is beyond me. Kinda moot IMO.

Also I'm pretty sure other G1 toys shared a similar/equally craptacular scheme/mold. Lightspeed comes to mind.

It's what I meant, yeah...

And how is Cybertron Wingsaber dissapointing? I've got GF Sonicbomber and see no engineering flaw or other form of measurable crappiness. Did Hasbro Powerglide up their version?

I was going to mention Cybertron Skywarp. But, even though I was disappointed, I was anticipating him to be at least adequate. Then when I saw the dangly arm and his hollow robot form, I was only mildly surprised/disappointed.

But when Primus has articulated fingers, and Supreme SS has block fists, that's disappointing.

Archived