Official SoCal TFans Thread

skullfire

yep let's keep the Ideas rolling.

I'm not too sure about having a store doing a promotion tis early in the game....yes down the line and even better at other comic book stores as well....sort of like a tour. But I really want the group to be a little bit more solid first:

more members.

comic stores used to us.

we get big enough to do cool tings like maybe host an event where Transformer comic writer shows up.

social out reac maybe? transformer toy drives for disadvantage kids.

any or all of these things are possible. really this is an open book.

Anyhow, anyone else, any thoughts?

BTW once a month is perfect.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AAARRRRRRRRR!!  just keepin' the barrel sloshin'!

anyway, i went by that area today, but i forgot to go by the anime store!  dummy me, some reconnaissance person i am.  there is a wendy's there, so we could always meet there, although i don't know how long they'd let us hang out.

anyway, so far the concesus seems to be meeting once a month on sunday.  this is good.  as we met on the third sunday of this month, would the third sunday of each month be a good general schedule?  of course, we would discuss switching up if a holiday was too close to that day, but for the most part, i think that would work.

anyway, before i say anyway again, yeah, i kinda like the sigma 6 stuff.  its ok.  not enough to get me to pick a couple more figs on the way to work or make an avatar about, but i guess they're alright.  ;)  i did hear about that most pimpin, highly reguarded and esteemed member of our club who hasn't seen the TF movie yet.  we'll definitely have to have a movie meet to change that.  i'll keep an eye out for a good place for that.

Guys check it out in the Ask Admin section, thread "SoCal TFans official thread, to be it's own official forum"

http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=42006

I want us to get rock'n and eventually unify w/ everyone else in southern california.

cheers,

skullfire

That sounds Great!

I hope they go for it. But we may have to proove ourselves first.

I also think we need to hit some of the other forums and say "Hi!"

not just TFans but ALL Transfans.

Yep you're right on all accounts.

But like the old saying goes '' if you build it they will come'' that's how I look at things.

I think it would call for someone like you or I to be a mod but I don't mind the extra responsbility.

Also I want to get intouch w/ who ever is headng the group in SFV.

Smile, dude of course you can be part of the group. We got one member out your way in fontana.....well you're a little futther away but still close enough. Any how welcome to the SoCal TFan fold.  :thumb

:D

Thanks!  Well I'm a little further away than Fontana.  I out in Barstow so it's about a 2 hr drive if the traffic cooperates.

Sounds good though.  I gotta get out of this town every once and a while. :tfmad Sundays work the best for me as well.

Maybe I could bring some of my bashes so you guys can see them up close.

Thanks again.

Lobo

Maybe I could bring some of my bashes so you guys can see them up close.

Thanks again.

Lobo

Hell ya.....we gotta see some cool bashes  :clap  :clap  :clap

Anyhow, as earlier suggested by clutch, keeping a consistant sunday of every 3rd sunday of the month is a great Idea.

I think we need to set a particular sunday of the month. 3rd sunday sounds great!

less to think about and plan.

Archived