Official SoCal TFans Thread

skullfire

Welcome all TFans in the southern California area: Orange county, Riverside, SFV, LA, Seal, Long Beach.

This is the thread for all of these areas.

Keep your selves tuned to here for when and where our next SoCal TFans get together will be.

Also if you're in the area.......who are you, where are you, introduce yourselves.

Well thats it for now.

Again, welcome to the official SoCal TFans (SCTF) thread.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well our first get together was great!

Just a few normal (non-geeky) guys talking about our favorite toys.

Thanks to hunter for bringing is SW transformers to show us. I'll tell you that the Obi wan starfighter is everything I expected it to be....all right I wrte a review else where. And thanks to Clutch for bringing us his trade/sale stuff and for hooking us up w/ a WS transformer Megs, which by the way was the best of the lot out of all the WS line.....clutch had all of them.

We were there [starbucks/barns nobal] from 12pm to 5pm. We talked about alot of Tformer related stuff (what else?).

Anyways if any of the rest of you guys want to add something?

So we are on the way to beng a solid group.

As far as a next meet, I'm thinking sometime next month somewhere over at the obby shop where clutch gets all of his import transformers. How's that sound guys?

Alright......nough said for now.

thats not a bad idea, but i'd better do some scouting for an area we can hang out at over there.  i'll also check out the store hours, the strip mall has anime king, but it also has a video game store and a TRU.  if we go there, be sure to bring money, there is bound to be stuff you guys will want, and if anyone is up to it, there is a wal-mart and target on beach blvd not far from there.

anyway, the meet was pretty cool today.  it's always nice to meet new people and get to have serious discussion about things that aren't all that serious.  thanks to skullfire for making the decisions and actually putting this together.  i'm glad you guys liked the WST's. 

It seems it was a pretty good meet & greet thing, I wish I could've gone. :tfsad

PS, I'm about 15 mins away from Riverside, I live in San Bernardino. :thumb

I can't put megs down. this is a great toy....IMO better than sound wave.

Again thanks clutch.

i'm glad you like it.  like i said, it's no biggie, i had tons of them.

after we talked about sigma 6 briefly, i decided to go to target and check them out.  i ended up buying the ninja battles pack and the BAT ninja, anyone who likes articulation will love these things. i'll bring them to the next meet so people can check them out first hand.

i think we should decide on a loose meet schedule, like what day we should have meets and how often (i vote for twice a month, on sundays) but everyones input will help.  of course we don't have to decide this right away, but it will help keep everything going.

well once a month I think sounds stable, I'm not sure how twice is for the rest ......hey hunter whats your thoughts?

Sundays seem the best for me right now.

Welcome all TFans in the southern California area: Orange county, Riverside, SFV, LA, Seal, Long Beach.

So if I live in the California desert I can't be part of the group?

:(

So if I live in the California desert I can't be part of the group?

:(

Smile, dude of course you can be part of the group. We got one member out your way in fontana.....well you're a little futther away but still close enough. Any how welcome to the SoCal TFan fold.  :thumb

First off- I had a great time meeting everyone!

I hope more people can come next time.

I really like that we kinda had a BYOB (Bring Your Own Bot) theme, without anyone really setting it ahead of time.  It looks like there are at least 2 collectors who were on the fence and now are enthusiasticly shopping - based on that (the Sigma, and Obiwan).

As for future schedule - I think Once a month is fine.  More than that and i know i will have a problem.  Sundays are also best for me at this point.

As far as age and location - anyone who can legally drive and then is willing to drive - can be a part.  Lobo -  you are absolutely welcome to come and participate. As is Rapid Run.  also not all the meets will be in Long Beach.  We dscussed moving them around a bit so that everyone has an opportunity to be "close to home"

I like the idea of meeting at that Anime shop.  is it in Huntington Beach?  Maybe we could see if they - or a Comic shop would be willing to host - maybe do a promotion or something. 

I would also like to do a movie night.  I really want to see TF:TM in a group with a bunch of Transfans. (also - roumor has it that one of our esteemed collegues has not even seen it at all - ever!!!)

Lets keep the idea barrel a sloshing!

Hunter

Archived