Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official SoCal TFans Thread

Recommended Posts

i'm in!  don't know if i'll bring anything, but i'm sure i'll end up buying something.

  • Replies 207
  • Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wanna see soundwave!

 

Also - is this little anime store the one where you get all your GF stuff?

 

Should i be planning on buying something - is it reasonably priced there?

yeah, that anime store is the one i got all my gf and takara reissues from, but with TRU right next door and most of cybertron already out, i don't know if they will have much you'll want this late in the game.  i'd plan on buying something just in case, but i wouldn't plan on going crazy.

 

i fought the temptation to go in there all this week and most of last so hopefully they will surprise me.  btw, i found dark crumplezone on a wal-mart shelf today, so i'm pretty sure soundwave sightings will start happening soon. 

clutchjunkie reporting for duty, sir!

 

it looks like the starbucks in my earlier message is a sham, it's one of those crappy ones that are in the middle of an albertsons.

 

there is a wendy's on the opposite end of the strip mall, as i mentioned earlier, and early reconnaissance shows that it is probably our best bet for infiltration.  the anime store appears to be accessable from 11 am-6 pm on the target date, so that is a go. 

 

so, here is the proposed secret battle plan:

 

mapquest of the wendy's alleged location

 

post-4732-1139902498.jpg

 

here is a secret map showing the relative location of the wendy's to the rest of the stuff.  the red X is the rondezvous location.  we will meet there at exactly 1200 hours on sunday.  we will probably have to buy something, then we will hang out until they kick us out.  we will then proceed to infiltrate the other targets of interest, the TRU and anime king.

 

this is the plan, LMK if this OK.

 

clutchjunkie out.

 

 

16082 Goldenwest St

Huntington Beach, CA 92647-3406, US

 

12noon

on sunday feb 19 (?)

 

I'll be there - at wendys at noon.

Skullfire - bring your music.

  • Author

ah blast......I can't make it. I just got off from performing (it's 2:43 am right now) and I am dead tired. And I have a meeting tomorrow to discuss future performances at the same gallery space. Anyhow I think this month is just bad for me and so will the next month.....performing in hollywood 2 weekends in a row and then another on the last saturday at this new venue.

 

How about if we exchange numbers through the PM.

 

Also, I'm seeing that my weekday scadual is more condusive for meeting up after 6pm than meeting up on te weekend ...at least until april.

 

You guys have a good time and some one PM me w/ a phone number so I can catch up w/ what happened,

 

Thanks

 

Skullfire

The Second Socal TFans Meet was lowkey.

Clutchjunkie and I hung out at Wendys and discussed some ways to drum up some attention and get more people involved.

 

It seems that many have posted that Sundays are not so good for them - Please everyone - make suggestions for times and locations!!

 

I know I have a few places in the Pasadena/Hollywood area that would be great to meet at. But there has to be people interested in coming.

 

It seems to me that the decisions of when and where to meet should be more democratic.

 

So we strolled over to the Anime King store and they had a surprising amount of Transformers (usually Anime shops tell me that TF's are an American Property ).

 

I bought a GF-Starscream ($35) and debated a Blue BT-prowl. ($55)

 

We then went to TRU where we were confronted by some abomination of a hairless robotic Chimp's head!!  :guh

 

we then went back to Clutch's car where he showed off his GF-Soundwave :drool

and i opened my Starscream :yay

 

I bitched about the Cybertron cartoon a little and he urged me to watch past the first couple episodes.

 

It was small - but I had a good time.

So far all the guys i have met have been cool and non-INTERNET-Scary.

 

If we go by the original 3 guys who started this - then its my turn to set a place & Time.

My initial thought is at Nucleus in Alhambra. I still really want to do a movie night (whether it be TF:TM or Cybertron)

 

ALSO- the Grand Slam convention is going to be in Pasadena on March 10-12

(See thread here)

 

BUT-

I would like to get more feedback from every one first...

 

Suggestions?

 

has anyone made contact over at TFW2005 yet?

 

Hunter

I just PM'd everyone that has ever posted in any of the three threads we have.

 

My apologies if i hit ya twice, there was lots of clicking and gnashing of teeth involved....:tflaugh

 

So lets get this thing up off the ground!

A good place to do a meeting would be in Los Angeles, they have this monthly convention that has a lot jp tf's and stuff like that. I wish I remember where that was. :redface

So Cal Transfan get together? ?? When and where!? !

Check the thread and you will be a bit more informed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.