Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hasbro vs. Takara

Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer? 258 members have voted

  1. 1. Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer?

    • Takara
      63%
      137
    • Hasbro
      36%
      79

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

WOW i havent been in here in a while ! just throwing in my 2 Cents!

 

TAKARA ROCKS!! :P :bounce

 

 

hehe

  • Replies 410
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with either, personally. Hasbro is good because it is here, and you don't have to spend too much on what you get. Takara is the bread and butter though. I think it's mostly because japan is the birthplace of 'big stampy robots'.. so they're ALWAYS going to be more popular there.. they have a wider market.. so Takara can take more risks with what they got than Hasbro can. I love the little extra things Takara does though.. doesn't make Hasbro any less inferior, just the place we call home isn't up to speed.

I don't have a problem with either, personally. Hasbro is good because it is here, and you don't have to spend too much on what you get. Takara is the bread and butter though. I think it's mostly because japan is the birthplace of 'big stampy robots'.. so they're ALWAYS going to be more popular there.. they have a wider market.. so Takara can take more risks with what they got than Hasbro can. I love the little extra things Takara does though.. doesn't make Hasbro any less inferior, just the place we call home isn't up to speed.

true, but we are not comparing who makes the most appropriate decisions relative to thier own country or who takes the most risks. The comparison is about value for money, who produces the best, with the cost factor taken into account. Even if Hasbro is said to make reasonably good and un-risky decisions, but comes out with a crappier version of any particular product, the bottom line is they lose the vote.

 

Hence, i think comparison should be made between the final product of Hasbro and Takara, not the feasibility of the decisions the make.

 

I know Hasbro is not at fault for not being able to manufacture Megatron, but are you happy about it?

I know Hasbro is not at fault for not being able to manufacture Megatron, but are you happy about it?

Thats why I have the Takara version :tfgrin .. and it's still not hasbro's fault that they can't make megs.. it's the guys in safety that say nay..

 

What I'm trying to say about the whole japan thing, is that there's many different robot lines out there that sell REALLY well.. look how long Gundam's been goin for. You got Macross and Robotech in there as well. Takara has more freedom to make higher end stuff than hasbro because there is such a wide market with many potential buyers out there. Tak can put more effort into what they do and not risk loosing money on it.. they are the ones who created this stuff after all, so their stuff is going to be better than what hasbro can produce.. believe it or not, I don't think we collectors make that much of an impact on the over all market here in america.

 

But I prefer hasbro because it's easier on my wallet.. the only real difference about the two is that Tak is handling G1 differently.. and they come out with some cool exclusives. Armada and Energon are almost identical in everyway it doesn't even matter.

Hello everybody.

 

I plan to keep my transformers for a long time, so quality is always the deciding factor for me. I'm running out of space anyway, so I'd rather fill the space I've got with BT instead of alternators.

 

die cast binaltech look and fell better than alternators

superlink has show accuracy, better paint apps and has superior packaging that allows the toy to be removed for playing with and replaced for display.

takara re-issues are identical to the G1 versions...

Takara's repaint line has unique molds and better choice of molds and paint schemes.

 

Hasbro was better in 1984-1986. After that, it's takara all the way (and it all started with the sword for fortress maximus, new cassettes and raiden).

Sorry to say but I have to go with Takara. Their Transformers are just that much better than the U.S....like their automotive industry. :tfsad

you guys are forgetting one important factor to this discussion... "for the money" which is the better choice.... how many of us would really pay $50 per BT for every BT? Not me (hey i'm a poet and didn't know it!) Its hard enough to afford New Energon and Alternators... okay so i have my share of Takara Toys but it hurt my wallet to the point of me swearing off Takara 4-ever... not that i will, but i can't stand the money involved in buying Takara goods. Oh and my alternators paint don't chip :tftongue

you guys are forgetting one important factor to this discussion... "for the money" which is the better choice.... how many of us would really pay $50 per BT for every BT? Not me (hey i'm a poet and didn't know it!) Its hard enough to afford New Energon and Alternators... okay so i have my share of Takara Toys but it hurt my wallet to the point of me swearing off Takara 4-ever... not that i will, but i can't stand the money involved in buying Takara goods. Oh and my alternators paint don't chip :tftongue

:pfx

 

I used to be a Takara junkie, but it just got too expensive. And plus, I'm just not as obsessive as I used to be about things like long smokestacks and what not.

 

On a side note, I can't understand how people can bitch about $50 for Omega Supreme or Unicron when they readily shell out at least that much for Binaltechs. The allure of die-cast is something I just don't understand.

For me, die cast reminds me of many of the toys I had as a kid. I grew up playing w/ trucks, cars, etc. that were metal, so I guess the die cast makes me feel like I have a "real toy"....

For me, die cast reminds me of many of the toys I had as a kid. I grew up playing w/ trucks, cars, etc. that were metal, so I guess the die cast makes me feel like I have a "real toy"....

what does skyclonus know :tflaugh1 :tfevil :tflaugh

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.