Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hasbro vs. Takara

Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer? 258 members have voted

  1. 1. Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer?

    • Takara
      63%
      137
    • Hasbro
      36%
      79

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

On a side note, I can't understand how people can Starscream about $50 for Omega Supreme or Unicron when they readily shell out at least that much for Binaltechs. The allure of die-cast is something I just don't understand.

$50.00 for a huge piece of plastic that simply SPLITS IN HALF (I will admit I still bought it.)? Unicron had a very interesting and involved transformation, and was WAYYY more poseable than OS.

 

 

That's why some people prefer the BT's. They are ultra detailed and poseable, and an expert work of engineering. However, I prefer both as the BT's are really more of a collectors item and the Alts are more durable. I bought the first four BT's but then my wallet started to scream out in pain. And then we got two kittens. So now I think I'll stick with the Alternators. A broken $20 item is much less painful for me than a $53-60 item.

  • Replies 410
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$50.00 for a huge piece of plastic that simply SPLITS IN HALF (I will admit I still bought it.)?

Transfans crack me up with their "I hate you! I hate you! And yet... I find you strangely attractive" thing. I will never understand why anyone would ever pay for anything that they don't like. I think you guys have Pokemon disease sometimes ("gotta catch 'em all!"). I mean, I was like that in highschool, but come on, people! Use your free will sometime! You don't have to buy everything with a "Transformers" label on it, especially when you're putting it all on the credit card anyway. (You know who you are!)

$50.00 for a huge piece of plastic that simply SPLITS IN HALF (I will admit I still bought it.)?

Transfans crack me up with their "I hate you! I hate you! And yet... I find you strangely attractive" thing. I will never understand why anyone would ever pay for anything that they don't like. I think you guys have Pokemon disease sometimes ("gotta catch 'em all!"). I mean, I was like that in highschool, but come on, people! Use your free will sometime! You don't have to buy everything with a "Transformers" label on it, especially when you're putting it all on the credit card anyway. (You know who you are!)

Let me specify. I do like the figure. And yes, I did buy it. All I was saying was that I can understand someone complaining about the price as it is a little steep. I, however can afford it. I do wish he had been cheaper though.

 

Besides, I bought him with the idea that maybe there was more to him than what could be seen in the pics. And there is. But it's not in the transformation, I can tell you that. He does look very imposing though, and I do like that.

$50.00 for a huge piece of plastic that simply SPLITS IN HALF (I will admit I still bought it.)?

Transfans crack me up with their "I hate you! I hate you! And yet... I find you strangely attractive" thing. I will never understand why anyone would ever pay for anything that they don't like. I think you guys have Pokemon disease sometimes ("gotta catch 'em all!"). I mean, I was like that in highschool, but come on, people! Use your free will sometime! You don't have to buy everything with a "Transformers" label on it, especially when you're putting it all on the credit card anyway. (You know who you are!)

:pfx

Well I dont agree.

 

I think 50 bucks is a perfectly reasonable price for a figure which is sculpted very well, articulated very well, transforms and interacts with other figures from the line and is one of the biggest figures of its kind on the market with exceptional quality to top it off.

 

50 bucks is perfectly fine for a towering awesomely articulated figure especially compared to say the 5 inch ultramagnus statue that goes for around 50 bucks or more and 10-12 inch statues of Optimus and megs that go for 150 bucks or more. Any statue that is 8-10 inches in size cost between 100-150 bucks, thats seems outrageous to me since its smaller than Omega and has no articulation and really doesnt interact with anything else unless its a bookend.

 

Omega is a freaken badass toy and a good buy for any transfan or robot fan!

When I ordered the Takara version of MP Prime and got him from BigBadToyStore I was blown away and I still am. He is the centerpeice of my TF collection and he looks very good with my Alternators and Bineltech figures. But just because I got the Takara version dont mean that Takara is better then Hasbro. BOTH companies have done a good job with the TF line. The only beef I have with the people at Hasbro is that they should include booklets and a bio card with thier Alternator releases. If they did that I would have no complaints with them at all. Why did I buy the Takara version of Optimus? Simple I hate the Hasbro battle damage and the short stacks.

 

 

 

:usa

Well I dont agree.

 

    I think 50 bucks is a perfectly reasonable price for a figure which is sculpted very well, articulated very well, transforms and interacts with other figures from the line and is one of the biggest figures of its kind on the market with exceptional quality to top it off.

 

   50 bucks is perfectly fine for a towering awesomely articulated figure especially compared to say the 5 inch ultramagnus statue that goes for around 50 bucks or more and 10-12 inch statues of Optimus and megs that go for 150 bucks or more.  Any statue that is 8-10 inches in size cost between 100-150 bucks, thats seems outrageous to me since its smaller than Omega and has no articulation and really doesnt interact with anything else unless its a bookend.

 

     Omega is a freaken badass toy and a good buy for any transfan or robot fan!

Let me just start off by saying that whlie I do agree that the sculpt is very nice and the little features (being a 'Headmaster', the electronic sounds, the hidden 'head', the attatchment posts) are very cool, the only reasons I was a little disappointed was that for a figure in this price range, there were four areas where there could have been some improvement. To start, the gunnery posts were very, very loose. They wouldn't stay in place (I took his shoulder piece apart and wrapped a bit of tape around the posts inside so they would be a little bit stiffer, but still turn in the battleship mode.). Second, while it is very awesome that he has the 'Headmaster' feature, I was a little put off by the fact that the head does not actually lock into the body. It pops off way too easily. Third, where Unicron had great hand articulation, OS's claw could have been made to open up more. And lastly, the Powerlink feature with Prime is a bit of a joke. Half of Prime is jutting out of OS's back (wtf?), and he has beetlejuice syndrome.

 

And there is no waist articulation (Unicron had this) but this is probably due to his transformation. (I know, now I am just being nitpicky.)

 

Now after saying all of this, I would just like to say that despite these flaws, I still like this figure. And yes I shelled out the cash for him. However, the issues that I have with this figure I would have never known about unless I took him OUT OF THE BOX. And you can't remove an item (especially this one) from it's box unless you BUY IT. And I have not seen any pictures of the Powerlink mode from the side or the back of the figure. Gee, I wonder why?

 

All I am saying is that the price point was a little steep considering the issues this figure has. Unicron was worth the $50 I slapped down for him, and it is for this reason that I have started to wonder if I am paying $50 for the twist ties that keep him in the box.

 

Price aside, this is still a badass figure with a nice sculpt and a imposing presence.

you sre paying $50 for the box. The Graphics on the box cost more to produce(Programing, art and all that crap) than the toy itself(a hunk of plastic)

Well I dont agree.

 

I think 50 bucks is a perfectly reasonable price for a figure which is sculpted very well, articulated very well, transforms and interacts with other figures from the line and is one of the biggest figures of its kind on the market with exceptional quality to top it off.

not everyone has that much "disposable income" and even if i did, i would like to think that i were frugal enough to smell a screw job when i see it... $50 for a metal toy that is way to easy to damage/chip is way too much. Those things should retail for no more than $29.00, import costs aside. There is no way it is worth twice what an ALt (which doesn't chip/break so easily) is worth.

Well I dont agree.

 

    I think 50 bucks is a perfectly reasonable price for a figure which is sculpted very well, articulated very well, transforms and interacts with other figures from the line and is one of the biggest figures of its kind on the market with exceptional quality to top it off.

not everyone has that much "disposable income" and even if i did, i would like to think that i were frugal enough to smell a screw job when i see it... $50 for a metal toy that is way to easy to damage/chip is way too much. Those things should retail for no more than $29.00, import costs aside. There is no way it is worth twice what an ALt (which doesn't chip/break so easily) is worth.

:pfx

 

$50 for a die-cast toy? Puhleeze. Y'all are getting shafted, but the K-Y jelly of BT lust has blinded you to teh truth.

 

 

 

(Dig teh cool metaphor! :thumb)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.