Review - Transformers Dark of the Moon

Peter_Van

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that so?

Bayscream did a better job of being G1 than G1 Screamer...who did not even match salient details of his G1 bio and was as incompetent as the day was long.

Bayscream had no facial expression. He's not an amniote--higher or otherwise--and has no equivalent (or need of) the facial musculatory complex necessary to affect the grin that seems to be the sole sum and substance of Starscream for you. You must have been pissed in all the G1 episodes where he didn't grin treacherously, huh? I'll say it again: The BAYVERSE DID STARSCREAM PROUD. He acted like him, sounded like him, and had all the right cues. Just because the Bayverse saw fit to try to make their creations stay in line with the primary rules of physics and they found it curious that machines that have no need for anthropomorphized faces or cheeks should have them is no reason to blatantly disregard the fact that BayScream did everything Screamer is supposed to do and more.

The humans work with Cybertronians in the Bayverse and have access to both their technology and their methods. We saw the beatings they laid down on various robots in all 3 movies. I know...we'd all have loved to see Megatron die, be reborn as Galvatron and take out Starscream while commenting on his coronation. It's not 1986 and its not TF:TM, though...which, if memory serves, was a critical and financial failure.

I cannot believe I'm defending Michael Bay or anything he's done.

Oh shit you fed the troll...

Yep. I know. Walked right into it. But I have to call it like I see it.

Also: Lord Mega--yes, you are correct in that everyone is entitled to their own POV. See, it's not that I thought DOTM was GREAT. Honestly..? I'd give it a solid C+ or a B-. It wasn't Aliens(but then again, what in this world is?). But it IS one of the best action/special effects flicks I've seen in a long time. What DOTM that I didn't care for (Sam's parents, subjecting us to the "leer-cam" everytime Carly showed her face, no-selling Megatron well into irrelevance)--that just made no sense whatsoever(like 75% of the humor)--it did less of than in any other Michael Bay movie I've ever seen. So I've pulled a Sentinel Prime and I'm defending one of his movies. Believe you I, I'll rip Michael Bay a new one just for the sheer fun of it, but in this instance...I don't think it's merited.

IMO, Michael Bay did a great job.

I agree with you the movie was the shit in the department of action/specal effects, but it was not enough for the hardcore Transformer fans. Don't get me wrong I do like all 3 movies and I understand you can't make Soundwave a walkman and excpect a 30 ft robot to just Transform form that or even Megatron a gun. I think that with the whole new style of making movies and aid of a cpu not to say all the cash that was spent on all the effects he could have done some justice to a lot of the Transformers. The poor job on some of them is just not right. Dino & Q who the fuck are they. Just more shit pulled out of Bays ass. Not only that he should have left the twins and just killed them off with Ironhide that was the original cut until he became a pussy and took then out. I hope the real cut gets put on the Blu-ray. If I have offended you in any way sorry but thats the way I feel.

Oh, no worries, man. You can't offend me. I'm un-offendable. :beer What we have here is two Transformers fans at opposite ends of the spectrum. I'll describe myself: I've been there since Day 1 in 1984 when TF hit the states. I'm a card-carrying gee-wunner who will tell anyone who listens that the Bayverse bot designs OWN G1.

As for some of the characters, Q was very much a throwaway character, but the Bayverse is sadly full of them (the Wheelsnakes, anyone? JOLT?). The only way around it? Maybe the most economical: introduce fewer characters. But you know something? We got the same thing in G1. If you were a fan of Huffer or Gears or Skids, what did G1 do for you (other than the Season II episode "Changing Gears" which was surprisingly well animated for an episode centered around, well...Gears). I will say this: unlike ROTF, the new characters were incredibly irritating and annoying. In DOTM, the new characters left me wanting more (well, except for Q and the little Sugar Man-esque 'bots serving Megs in Africa).

my mom liked it. Michael Bay won.

That is such a Gen Y statement right there :doh

Absolute best review I've read in the past 48 hours.

:lol

Starscream fans should LOVE Screamer's role in DOTM--even though you might not like what ultimately happens to him. Starscream acted JUST LIKE you would expect Starscream to act. He was Starscream all the way, which is the standard for him that the Bayverse has set. Beautiful. He had some impact and a couple of great lines. A perfect portrayal of my favorite Transformer. I have no complaints here...

Pfft that's fucking bullshit. What I saw there was a fat ugly scrap heap acting like screamer. In fact, I CHEERED when he died! Hellscream's death was so satisfying! Of course the fact that despite hearing a distinct "HA HA HA HA!!" from him, he had a grumpy facial expression the whole time. Fucking idiots... A fitting death for a terrible interpretation of an awesome villain!

Actions never do it on their own. Appearance is necessary too. And boy did this design ever fail.

STAY dead, you god awful thing! Worst Starscream ever!

Is that so?

Bayscream did a better job of being G1 than G1 Screamer...who did not even match salient details of his G1 bio and was as incompetent as the day was long.

Bayscream had no facial expression. He's not an amniote--higher or otherwise--and has no equivalent (or need of) the facial musculatory complex necessary to affect the grin that seems to be the sole sum and substance of Starscream for you. You must have been pissed in all the G1 episodes where he didn't grin treacherously, huh? I'll say it again: The BAYVERSE DID STARSCREAM PROUD. He acted like him, sounded like him, and had all the right cues. Just because the Bayverse saw fit to try to make their creations stay in line with the primary rules of physics and they found it curious that machines that have no need for anthropomorphized faces or cheeks should have them is no reason to blatantly disregard the fact that BayScream did everything Screamer is supposed to do and more.

The humans work with Cybertronians in the Bayverse and have access to both their technology and their methods. We saw the beatings they laid down on various robots in all 3 movies. I know...we'd all have loved to see Megatron die, be reborn as Galvatron and take out Starscream while commenting on his coronation. It's not 1986 and its not TF:TM, though...which, if memory serves, was a critical and financial failure.

I cannot believe I'm defending Michael Bay or anything he's done.

No need for facial expressions? Get off your high horse and watch the Twins Scenes or the Fallen's sinister little grin as he grabbed the Matrix at long last.

And if TFs have no need to be anthro, then why does Megatron have TEETH? Why do they TFs have SPIT? They don't need to eat! Why does Devy have BALLS?

Your whole ulta-realistic argument crumbles after you take into account this is MICHAEL BAY!

I liked it. Granted there were some scenes I didn't like, like most Bay movies, there has to be a few scenes that border on Beavis and Butt-head material. Other than that, I feel that Bay has done the most to revive a franchise and prove that a cartoon can make a good movie. Even if there is another three-part movie series, the Transformers proved it can be turned into a live-action film. I can name nearly a dozen movies that tried to turn cartoons / comic books into live-action films and they failed miserably. And I can name even more Sci-Fi movies that were very bad.

I think this movie was way better than the misfire of Revenge of the Fallen. Think about it, no humping dogs, no sky-high moms, no Leo, no 'twins', or Simmons dropping his pants. And the most annoying character was dealt with anyway. Besides I went to the movies to see the Autobots vs Decepticons and despite a slow start up, that's what I got to see. I loved seeing the famous astronaut in the middle of it. Go to see it if you want to watch Autobots vs Decepticons. Don't go if you're expecting oscar-winning acting.

You can all complain about Michael Bay, but he was able to do what no other directer was able to do, and that was bring TF's into live action, the only other directer who is capable of that is James Cameron.

And Starscream doesn't need a gay ass smirk to be Starscream - Atmo

You can all complain about Michael Bay, but he was able to do what no other directer was able to do, and that was bring TF's into live action, the only other directer who is capable of that is James Cameron.

Technically speaking, as with the others, Bay directed actors, vehicles and explosions and the movements of all those around what a MASSIVE visual effects team, as well as a modestly-sized animation crew and incredible sound department 'brought to life'...just technically speaking.

Even if there is another three-part movie series, the Transformers proved it can be turned into a live-action film.

And there it is, right there. Whether it's positive or negative, it's proof that it can be done.

Technically speaking, as with the others, Bay directed actors, vehicles and explosions and the movements of all those around what a MASSIVE visual effects team, as well as a modestly-sized animation crew and incredible sound department 'brought to life'...just technically speaking.

But it was still Michael Bay that brought it all together and working with the Visual effects crew and animators

Archived