Review - Transformers Dark of the Moon

Peter_Van

First off, I KNEW Super 8 was gonna suck when I saw the trailer. Cmon...A PICKUP TRUCK derailing a freight train? Yet every time in the real world, freight trains smash through SEMI TRUCKS without even a scratch! Way to make trains look weak and flimsy, Abrams. Idiot!

As for DOTM...Harumph. I still have 2 hours roughly before I get to see it. I hope for the best as well. It looks as though that horrid sad excuse of a Starscream gets some torture by humans and hopefully will die. THAT will make me love the movie forever!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did not see the Sentinel Prime betrayal coming at all either! that was a nice surprise. Makes sense as to why SP got a leader class figure now. How ever, killing Ironhide off that early was NOT cool Bay! You couldn't have killed Ratchet or Jolt instead?! It was definitely a lot better than ROTF and i'm still wondering if it was better than the first one. I'll probably go see it again tomorrow in IMAX.

i did not see the Sentinel Prime betrayal coming at all either! that was a nice surprise. Makes sense as to why SP got a leader class figure now. How ever, killing Ironhide off that early was NOT cool Bay! You couldn't have killed Ratchet or Jolt instead?! It was definitely a lot better than ROTF and i'm still wondering if it was better than the first one. I'll probably go see it again tomorrow in IMAX.

Yes but killing off Ironhide would have more meaning than killing off someone less important (Ratchet) or not in the movie (Jolt...don't know where he went, but he wasn't there). That's why they did it.

As for Q and Dino...well, Q I don't agree with because he has most of the aspect of Wheeljack and would have befitted his name being as such [though they never addressed him by name in the movie (or the Wreckers for that matter)]. Dino didn't do anything even remotely close to being like Mirage, so while his figure may come out and be called Mirage, the name could go either way.

I did like Brains and Wheelie. Great duo.

I was a little disappointed Shockwave didn't get a little more screen time.

Yes but killing off Ironhide would have more meaning than killing off someone less important (Ratchet) or not in the movie (Jolt...don't know where he went, but he wasn't there). That's why they did it.

As for Q and Dino...well, Q I don't agree with because he has most of the aspect of Wheeljack and would have befitted his name being as such [though they never addressed him by name in the movie (or the Wreckers for that matter)]. Dino didn't do anything even remotely close to being like Mirage, so while his figure may come out and be called Mirage, the name could go either way.

I did like Brains and Wheelie. Great duo.

I was a little disappointed Shockwave didn't get a little more screen time.

There were a few mentions of the name Dino. There was 1 or 2 of Q. The Wreckers were simply addressed as The Wreckers. During the scene where Q and the others were 'captured', i was thinking to myself, why doesn't Dino go camouflaged?! Lame he didn't at all. Every time the Wreckers were on screen, i would pray that one of them would yell "Wreck n rule"

Guess there's no spoiler rules here now eh?

Good thing I love spoilers anyway :tflaugh

So Sentinel Prime is a Decepticon now? Or what do you mean by "betrayal"?

Guess there's no spoiler rules here now eh?

Good thing I love spoilers anyway :tflaugh

So Sentinel Prime is a Decepticon now? Or what do you mean by "betrayal"?

Sentinel Prime felt Cybertron was more important then Earth so he defected to the Decepticons killed off Ironhide, then got killed by Optimus. Sam Witwicky kills Starscream

Just saw DOTM, and I have to say: this is far and away the best of the 3 Transformer films, and possibly Mike Bay's best MOVIE, period. I'd go so far as to say that 3 quarters of the movie was excellent. Yes, DOTM commits all of the sins that a Michael Bay movie typically commits, but...quite a lot of GOOD things are done in this movie. So, I'd have to give Bay & Co. a lot of credit, because it wasn't just the special effects that did it for me.

There were some things that just didn't make a lot of sense and one scene in particular (or rather the buildup to that scene) had me on the fence about this movie but overall, I liked it quite a bit. Mike Bay has successfully exorcised the demon that is ROTF.

Dude I love reading your stuff, anyway with that aside I completely agree.

saw the movie at 9pm as well.

I liked it. My biggest complain about #2 was the lack of character developement. I think they did a "MUCH" better job in this one. Gotta admit, the use of Sentinal Prime shocked me.

Aspects of it seem choppy, and not that fluent. Almost like there was so much to show and discuss, that no one got a lot of screen time. I wish they had used the trailer more. There was 2 shots, maybe, of megatrons truck mode - and no real reason/use for it. Just seemed like a lot of characters didn't get much screen time. The humor was definately better than w/the twins. (oh, we gunna F this ship up) LOL.

I think knowing it was the last one - they took some liberties as well in killing various characters off.

Overall VERY entertaining tho. Well worth the time/money and a nice improvment after #2.

Although I agree there could have been more development it wasn't that bad like I had been reading could it be better, yes, but its a definite improvement over the last two films.

This thank you. I thought it was just me. Don't get me wrong I liked and really enjoyed the movie but I definitely that feeling with some of the scenes.

Again overall I quite enjoyed seeing it in 2D, I think it might be worth seeing in 3D, or at least seeing it again in 2D.

Back atcha, Blackout.

There were some POWERFUL moments in this movie. I'm still very pleasantly suprised. Michael Bay has finally made me shut up. He put out the TF movie I have been wanting to see since, well...forever.

There were a lot of G1 (Season II and the original TF:TM) and even Animated callouts in this one, in addition to the universe the Bayverse has established. And Leonard Nimoy has done it yet again. First Galvatron, and now Sentinel. I thought it would be hard to offset TFA's Sentinel as canon, but the Bayverse iteration of the character is. As a matter of fact, I count it as an older and more developed version of the TFA character. They are quite similar in a lot of ways, and it's easy to see the one progress to the other. It's beautiful.

Optimus' evolution has been well-done...the other Autobot's, character-wise, not so much. But that is okay. In many ways, this movie was about Optimus Prime. 'Bee has been well established enough (it's nice to see his character getting respect from his fellow Autobots!!!). Ironhide is similarly well-developed, so much so that what actually happens to him in DOTM was...POWERFUL. The scene could not have worked as well if not for Ironhide playing the part he ultimately did.

Starscream fans should LOVE Screamer's role in DOTM--even though you might not like what ultimately happens to him. Starscream acted JUST LIKE you would expect Starscream to act. He was Starscream all the way, which is the standard for him that the Bayverse has set. Beautiful. He had some impact and a couple of great lines. A perfect portrayal of my favorite Transformer. I have no complaints here...

...but where Megatron is concerned...well, that nearly broke the movie for me--just the way he was handled. I won't go into it for risk of spoiling it for those of you who haven't seen the movie yet, but...suffice to say that for Megatron fans, their highlight will be his voyager toy and his (hopefully soon?) almost automatic leader class figure. DOTM has nothing for you on this front and I really don't get it because the Transformers are about more than just giant robots who transform into cars who are waging war against each other. The Transformers are about Optimus Prime and Megatron. Their relationship is very unique in modern fiction--I think the relationship between Charles Xavier and Magneto is the only other one that compares--and that is not at all explored here.

Oh and Shockwave...man, DOTM did a wonderful job of putting him over. He came across as though he was the Devil himself, rising from the pits of hell to drag all who opposed him down into the stygian depths. Chilling, intimidating, imposing...terrifying.

The humans generally played great parts in the movie, which was surprising. In many ways the movie was about the humans, which is what so many of us--including me--complained about, but in this movie it all made sense and was WELL DONE. I LOVE (FORMER) AGENT SIMMONS. Everything that had to do with the military was excellently done, IMO. Everything that had to do with Carly's employer was well done, also. Carly was, while far from good, much less irritating and somehow more convincing than Meg Fox's character ever was. Sam's parents were just plain annoying.

The Dreads nearly stole the whole show...and so did Laserbeak.

I'm gonna stop now. This was just a really good movie. It had it's flaws, yes, but not very many of them. It's rare that the third part of a trilogy is any good at all, let alone better than the two movies that came before it, but this is one of those instances.

First off, I KNEW Super 8 was gonna suck when I saw the trailer. Cmon...A PICKUP TRUCK derailing a freight train? Yet every time in the real world, freight trains smash through SEMI TRUCKS without even a scratch! Way to make trains look weak and flimsy, Abrams. Idiot!

As for DOTM...Harumph. I still have 2 hours roughly before I get to see it. I hope for the best as well. It looks as though that horrid sad excuse of a Starscream gets some torture by humans and hopefully will die. THAT will make me love the movie forever!

Dude it doesn't take that much to derail a train. Granted they don't usually explode and have train cars fall everywhere for 8 minutes but still, its within the realm of possibility for a train from the 70's to be derailed by a truck on the tracks. You see trains nowadays plow thru vehicles because they were designed better to never go off the tracks.

MOVIE SPOILER

Starscream dies by the most pathetic hands possible

Archived