Review - Transformers Dark of the Moon

Peter_Van

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, read the review and I must say, outside or Roger Eberts negative review, this is the only other bad review I have read about the film. From 3 positive Aintitcool review, to a positive review on Seibertron.com along with a positive review on IGN.com.....I have a feeling the reviewer either went in with something against this film before the lights turned off in the movie theater or just is too much a critic of the Transformers movie franchise as made by Bay and Co.

While I agree with your other points of the film, I do have to ask if you have seen RottenTomatoes percentage of the film, which currently stands at 36%. While not nearly as bad as the 20% for ROTF, it's still mostly negative (although the film got a better rating, so far, than the Green Lantern and Cars 2).

I am also going into the film without expecting much more than giant robots beating the crap out of the each other. That is how I actually approach every summer film.

Also, I would not say Jay has anything against Bay and Co from the get-go. He even states right off the bat of his review that as a Transformers fan, his review kind of hurt to write.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, as you are yours.

I saw those a half hour or so ago....Rotten Tomatoes also gave X-Men First Class a great rating, yet I thought it was a film full of plot holes, ridiculous situation and horrible effects so I really don't take Rotten Tomatoes, nor any other "professional" reviewers too serious. Hell, They also gave Super 8 good ratings, and that was perhaps the most predictable movie of the summer so far....

Also, he said he was a Transformers fan.....however I didn't read anything saying he was a fan of the Transformers live action films :shrug

Super 8 had a decent first act

I liked the way it started and I agree at first it was decent, but overall I thought it was mediocre at best. it really was a mash-up of The Goonies, E.T., Close Encounters and a Cloverfield looking monster added to the mix. My wife, who is no where near what I would call a movie buff, figured the ending (he just wants to go home) after the first 30 minutes. I seriously thought it would be the movie of the summer.

I had higher hopes as well. I thought jaws. Yeah I know way off. But it was a combiner movie. And Very predictable

No suprises. He's building a model! Really!!

But whether this movie blows or not I will enjoy it. Rotf blows and I can't stop watching it.. Didn't get to see it in theaters but saw the 2007 and the original animated movie in theaters

Oh yeah. 2 and a half hours till earth goes dark

yeah, this is one two negative reviews i've read on this movie. i don't see how this movie can get a half star more than dotm deluxe mudflap lol.

i can practically guarantee that i'm going to love this movie. i loved the first two... and everyone is saying how great this movie and how much better it is than the others. so i have no doubt i'll love it.

remember.. this isn't the notebook.

i think this movie needs to be judged on what it is.. i think a lot of people don't do that.

yeah, this is one two negative reviews i've read on this movie. i don't see how this movie can get a half star more than dotm deluxe mudflap lol.

i can practically guarantee that i'm going to love this movie. i loved the first two... and everyone is saying how great this movie and how much better it is than the others. so i have no doubt i'll love it.

remember.. this isn't the notebook.

i think this movie needs to be judged on what it is.. i think a lot of people don't do that.

The Notebook? Really? That's your counter against anyone saying anything against this movie?

Archived