RoTF Fixes: Demolisher Wheel, Rampage elbow, pg 4

Jin Saotome

Is Skids always looking down and gloomy over how lame his punching gimmick his? Always looking with jealousy at Mudflap with that missile of his?

Well he just got another sweet upgrade and now has a firing fist of fury!

(the idea is very simple, but the tutorial might not work as well as I make it sound. take this as a guide line, rather than a blue print)

Start by pulling off his arm and removing the two screws on his forearm. Use a screw driver to pull the two halves apart, as a pin will still hold the arm together slightly.

Make a cut similar to the red line. Be sure to preserve the corner and notch (highlighted in yellow) as much as possible, or shave it off on accident like me and have to glue a new piece on in its absence.

post-17313-1246086542_thumb.jpg

There is a slightly raised area on the front of the opening for his arm and must be shaved flat to the area around it. In other words, remove the red area on the right that would prevent the new front half of the arm from shooting out. Some plastic may also need to be shaved off of the back of the trigger, but this will not be needed unless you had to had plastic in the last step, as i did.

post-17313-1246086739_thumb.jpg

The arm can now be reassembled and the fist should be able to shoot out. If not, open it back up and tweak a few things.

No more punk ass wimpy little gimmicks for him anymore! Not only will he shoot his fist at you, he'll pick it back up and beat you with it!

post-17313-1246087211_thumb.jpg

and yes, those are bits of a red sidewipe back there.... ^.^

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now to raise his esteem and let him hold his head up higher with Peaugh's mod. He explains this in his new video, and here's some more help with that

This could not be much easier, but is very effective none the less

Cut a chunk of plastic off of the tab (small red portion) on the back of his bumper

post-17313-1246087968_thumb.jpg

This is then glued into the port behind his head.

post-17313-1246088003_thumb.jpg

This will allow his back pack to stay in place further back and allow his head to stay up a bit straighter.

These fixes/mods are kool and all, but am I the only one who chooses not to damage these toys in any way? It's one thing to open up a figure and fix the gears (M1 Blackout), but it's another to open them up, shave some plastic, and use glue.

I don't bother w/ the ones that are beyond my skill level. Simple shaving or cutting that's not too invasive or complicated I don't bother with, like Breakaway is beyond my skill level, so is Rampage. Demolishor is doable, so was the chest fix on Sideswipe so the connection is no longer loose.

Besides, if it's not too broken if you do indeed do so, buy a new one, and return the defective one :tfevil

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but you can easily switch mixmaster's 'thumbs' to get more traditional claw like hands.

Doesn't that interfere with transformation in any way?

If not I would do it in a second.

I'm sure I've read the Mixmaster thumb swap somewhere else on here......

I myself try and do some mods, like the breakaway one, and I'll be trying the rampage elbow fix some point next week.

I've been building and converting wargaming miniatures for some time now, so I'm not afraid of doing mods, it's just that, you can hardly order a certain piece for a transformer if it doesn't go well (whereas with most miniatures, you can). And the whole "they gots to move and transform" thing also creates a number of problems. Maybe I should buy a dremmel and my confidence might soar.

These fixes/mods are kool and all, but am I the only one who chooses not to damage these toys in any way? It's one thing to open up a figure and fix the gears (M1 Blackout), but it's another to open them up, shave some plastic, and use glue.

These are $10-$30 dollar toys. Gives you some appreciation for true automotive 'customs' that grease monkeys have done since the beginning. Can you imagine buying your new $20-30,000 honda, and then paying an addition $5-10,000 to cut it, chop it, lower it, raise it, start switching out camshafts, boring out cyclinders, installing nitro, modifying grills? Heck, can you imagine buying the new car and putting a custom paint job on it, while it still has that new car smell? LOL

Some really enjoy it. Some prefer to keep their vehicles 'stock.'

Personally, I like to admire the customs, but I like eto keep a certain value in my collection as well - and as cool as many of the customs are -- it greatly reduces the target market that will pay for them. Not everyone can appreciate the customs. Anyone will buy 'stock' tho. And while I may never sell one of my TFers -- i know my wife will once I die. lol

Hey, does anyone have a mod to make Devestator actually look cool at all??? If you feel the need to start with making initial molds and pouring plastic and assembling 30 or 40 pieces, feel free.

Archived