RoTF Fixes: Demolisher Wheel, Rampage elbow, pg 4

Jin Saotome

Here's a somewhat easy fix for your Breakaway to get his head moving and the neck joint able to lift up I found the landing gear kept his upper body/nosecone from moving all the way down and the front windshield needs to be carved underneath, the back of his head too so he can tilt forward. Also, acetone the top and front of his lightpipe eyes and they'll shine clear blue again.

Breakafix_001.JPG

Breakafix_002.JPG

Breakafix_003.JPG

And here's one to keep Sideswipe's chest from unlatching constantly. You just need to create some pressure by sticking something about the thickness of a playing card or two in the gap where the windshield folds down against his back, thus jutting the chest forward a bit and the latch works.

sideswipechestfix.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rock on!

I just picked up Breakaway several hours ago and that was the first thing I checked out, did just about the same exact thing you did but I did not think about carving on the nose section to make it set better in bot mode. I was looking into fixing Sideswipe from the latch point(extending it with some extra plastic/super glue), but yours is more of a sound fix IMO.

Thank you sir! :thumb

Thanks a lot for the Sideswipe fix!!!

Damn I am almost tempted to go back and get breakaway but I'm holding out for a repaint in darker colors...I'm thinking there will be a con version of the mold.

i fixed my megatron, now he has a beny cannon arm

M2upgrade01.jpg

M2upgrade00.jpg

Damn I am almost tempted to go back and get breakaway but I'm holding out for a repaint in darker colors...I'm thinking there will be a con version of the mold.

Yeah, Breakaway looks great as a mold but the colors are what putting me off.

To fix Rampage you need the following:

Lighter fluid

Lighter

Shovel

Step 1) Place Rampage in a safe place. A sidewalk will suffice.

Step 2) Apply liberal amounts of lighter fluid. Be sure to use the entire bottle and get every nook and cranny.

Step 3) Use lighter to set Rampage ablaze.

Step 4) Keep a safe distance and wait until he is no longer on fire.

Step 5) When Rampage is but a smoldering pile of charred goop, scoop him up with the shovel and toss him in the nearest dumpster where he belongs.

And thats how you fix Rampage! Pics may follow...

No camera today, sorry, but the new Screamer's wings are hella weak. They're connected to the body by these thin pieces of plastic that seem like they're going to snap. I have a junker Movie Ironhide, and his heels were almost perfect to be glued to the underside of the wing connections to strengthen them up. They take a bit of carving, like, the circle connection needs to be sliced off, but it really makes the figure feel a lot more sturdy.

Archived