25th Anniversary Optimus Prime In-Package

MISP Steve

Interesting that they made him the more anime-accurate/second run G2 blue, still disappointing they're not including the energon ax or the Matrix. And they should've redone the G2 voicebox instead, but oh well. We knew all about it and everything it would and wouldn't have at Botcon, so it's nothing new, just more "what could have been"...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's something. Prime's normal smokestacks are pretty short already, but are considered a hazard. So why are the pointy fins on movie Megatron, both voyager and leader class, okay? Why are spring loaded projectiles okay?

its not just the parts them selves its the sizes of the parts should they brake off that could fail a toy when testing and I've seen plenty of primes with broken stacks on ebay so maybe those broken parts are the hazard or maybe its down to how easy they are to brake in the first place in the hands of a child who really thrashes his/her toy. but I'm not expert but saying its just down to hasbro hating the fans is a bit crazy

I've read that about the stacks breaking as well. I think it's to do with the chrome requiring a harder kind of plastic.

Knowing that, I would still like to know why Hasbro uses a picture of Prime with long smokestacks when they can't actually sell the toy like that? They've know this for many, many years now. Why can't they just be honest with their photography?

this is OBVIOUSLY an adult collectible, and as such should be labeled as one the way mcfarlane and neca figs are. doing that would put an end to the smoke-stack debate. hasbro obviously has no idea what the target demographic of this thing is.

howver, along with the long smokestacks you're going to have a problem with distribution as fewer stores will carry the item due to it being an adult collectible. so choose which one you want.

personally, they can go suck a nut. that price is farging outrageous. lmk when they hit clearance racks.

hasbro obviously has no idea what the target demographic of this thing is.

Actually I think Hasbro knows exactly what the target demographic is - dudes our age who aren't geeks and who haven't been keeping up with Transformers, but have had their nostalgia reinvigorated thanks to the movie, and who don't already know how many G1 Prime figure options there are out there or who will even think to look at the smokestack length before purchasing (and may not even notice it after the fact) and who will gladly trade their money to feel like a kid again, especially with the enclosed DVD and comic which we also don't need because, again, we all already own copies of that stuff, but the target demo does not.

This is not a fan item, so making it hard to find by marketing it as an "adult collectible" is counter productive. This needs a general release because it isn't targeting fans - it is for the guy who used to play Transformers with you when you were kids, not the guy who will still play Transformers with you now that we're adults.

Everyone move along, nothing to see here.

They still haven't made a perfect Optimus and all the good versions of the character each have there own strong points to offer.

wat

*looks at all the stores in my city that stock the new spawn stuff*... 1 their used to be three but one went bust then another moved and is quite nice and the last went under not long ago and that one store that's open stocks Encore stuff so I don't see why they would rush to put out a more expensive item that's basically the same. so I can see why they packed this full of stuff for the returning fans and people who just liked it as a kid and want a nostalgia kick

Archived