Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why is being a G1 fan so bad?

Recommended Posts

We got our G1 movie in 1986. It bombed both critically and at the box office. Time to move on.

  • Replies 93
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get me wrong, I do like Gen1 but I can't stand watching the old cartoon anymore... It puts me to sleep. I would rather have gen1 in comic books that a animated series again. Yes, at first I didn't like the movie designs at all, that and I was afraid that this movie would turn into another Independance Day or Godzilla movie where the american military kicks the Decepticon Ass and starts hunting Autobots... well partially right with the first half of statement(read the novell), But now I like the movie designs(all except Megatron, he reminds me of a giant insect).... Though last weekend I luckly found and bought both of the Leader class figures! Yeah me!

 

I'm a fanboy, but not a extremeist(sp?) Gen1 fanboy, to were its Gen 1 or nothing at all.

The great thing about the G1 comics was that I enjoyed reading them as a kid, and I still enjoy reading them now. The G1 cartoons on the other hand, I just laugh at it when I watch it now... so campy!

 

And the idea of Kevin Smith making a TF film is laughable - aside from the budget thing, if anyone thinks that Kevin Smith has a high opinion of Transformers fans, go watch Clerks 2. :P

 

There's no problems with people being pure G1 fans, it's when they get over-zealous and anti-everything else people get annoyed. And more innocent G1 fans will get caught in the backlash as a result.

 

As a Beast Wars fan first and foremost, I don't have any nostalgic love for the G1 cartoon, and when trying to watch it I find myself quickly reaching for the remote. I won't go bashing on it all the time though, nor do I feel the need to bash it's fans.

I agree that the G1 cartoon is a bit campy but that is also part of its appeal.

 

I do not watch it often but it has several great episodes which I enjoy a lot. The comics are awesome though and I like reading those even more.

 

The first movie did bomb but that was because it was aimed just at children AND it was a direct continuation of the show so adults who went did not understand a thing which did not help. And my understanding is that a lot of kids did not get to see it because it got bad reviews so parents would not take them.

 

As for those reviews- it makes sense for people whom never saw the show to be negative. Fantastic Four got poor reviews too but people who wrote those probably NEVER even read a Fantastic Four comic. Been a FF fan for almost half my life and I think that I can better judge it than the aforementioned reviewer.

 

I agree that the Thing did not look too good (but the character was nailed perfectly) and that Doom should have been more evil. I do understand that his origin had to be tied into the FF's because of time constraints. But it is an awesome movie. For non fans it is very enjoyable movie as well though they (obviously) will not enjoy it as much as the fans will.

I don't get why people say "I liked G1-BW, but anything after that has sucked". Where's the love for RiD? It had memorable characters, and was practically G1 with some self-consistancy.

I don't get why people say "I liked G1-BW, but anything after that has sucked". Where's the love for RiD? It had memorable characters, and was practically G1 with some self-consistancy.

 

never saw an ep of RID, saw the toys and said no, didn't like BW so i never watched BM, and didn't like A/E/C, but i liked galaxy force.....

 

i've since considered downloading car robots, micron legend, and superlink, but i'm too busy working on japanese g1 at the moment.

I don't get why people say "I liked G1-BW, but anything after that has sucked". Where's the love for RiD? It had memorable characters, and was practically G1 with some self-consistancy.

The main thing I didn't like about RiD was the attempts at humour. Plus it kinda felt (to me anyway) like it was never meant to be important but was always meant to be a filler series.

The main thing I didn't like about RiD was the attempts at humour. Plus it kinda felt (to me anyway) like it was never meant to be important but was always meant to be a filler series.

:note Skybyte :note

 

I was just getting into collecting when RiD started, so I never got the filler feeling.

I was a big fan of the RID toys and A/E/C Toys. But the reason many say all those shows sucked is because.... They SUCKED.

 

I watched G1, voltron and thundercats all when I was a kid. Loved'em. G1 is 90% still watchable. Thundercats is ok. Voltron is beyond unwatchable. I am ashamed I enjoyed it as a kid.

 

I think all those post BM shows are gonna turn into Voltron level "I can't belive I watched that crap" even for the kids who liked them.

 

Any one know what happened to Mainframe? Why they don't make AWSOME Tf shows anymore? Instead we get dubbed photoshopformers. He-Man had less shot repetition.

 

Oh and is the pig f---er who threatend Bay here?

 

... No?*

 

Then can we stop brining it up EVERY OTHER POST? One moron who forgot to take his meds is hardly a cohesive reason not Starscream about the the Bhey formers, or to tell anyone who does to "shut up" "move on" or "get over it".

 

How do we know that the death threat douche wasn't a BM nut who was pissed Prime wasn't a monkey, or a RiD fan who wanted a firetruck and Giant Hand megs... actually megs does kinda look like that... Hmm...

 

I digress.

 

 

 

*If he is here: Bhey humps yer Mom.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.