Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why is being a G1 fan so bad?

Recommended Posts

Just curious. There seems to be so much animosity towards G1 and it's fans, particularly when discussing the new movie or recent cartoons. I mean even Bay gets in the act...

 

I urge them to watch the 1986 animated movie, go watch the cartoon. You'll want to shoot yourself.
Wired July 2007

 

I just don't get it...Yeah I like G1. I was 8 when G1 came out after all. I didn't know a well written story from a pile of crap. I didn't care at the time. They were just damn cool. Technology advanced and along came BW and BM. I loved BW and BM because they were very well written, so much more so than the original series. Yet they still had a tie into the nostalgia of G1. I can't stand anything since BM, NOT because there is no tie to G1 but because the stories were horrible etc. I did like the animation though even though I thought the design on most of the figures weren't really very interesting either (I did get a few of the figures though. Not many but a few.) I've embraced the movie, inspite of Bay's snide little comments :tfmad (I think he's just being mean for mean's sake.) Granted with folks threatening his life over this movie I kinda can understand him being upset. YET why stoop to that childish level. The movie looks great. The bot designs are great. I don't even mind the flames or the lips. I'm a bit more worried about the story etc. Yeah I get it's live action. It has to look like it's real life. But you can't really draw ANY comparisons to this movie or the G1 animated series. They were made in the 80's. The animation technology was prehistoric compared to now. As far as the physics, it was a cartoon! It wasn't meant to be real life. Not even BW or BM had the physics right.

 

 

UGH...Now I'm just babeling...I think you get the point.

 

ANYWAYS...again why the animosity? Why can't we all just get along :tftongue

 

I read that Wired article today. It wasn't kind to BW either(Which makes me tihnk they never actually touched the toys or the TV show.).

  • Replies 93
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What these people are reacting to is fans saying "they're really great shows", so people like Bay are like "all right then, let's see" and they watch them and they're like "jesus, this is lame" -- because they're watching them as adults, because adult fans are the ones telling them that the shows are so awesome! If someone had come to Bay and been like "hey this is a show that kids like" he would have probably been like "great, I'm sure they'd think it's cool".

True, but he's still putting it harshly. g1 isn't that bad(well, the first season anwyay.). I'd rather watch it than Armegeddon again.

 

I was a kid when I watched that. bay owes me money for psychological damage!

G1 fans usually use nostalgia way too much. "This ain't like the G1 cartoon..."

 

And so forth. That's why they get a bad rap.

True, but he's still putting it harshly. g1 isn't that bad(well, the first season anwyay.).

Again.... maybe he's wording it strongly because the fans are soooo adamant about how YOU CAN'T VIOLATE G1 and bla bla bla, holding this cartoon up as some kind of Holy Grail or something. If someone tells you "hey this is totally awesome" and you watch it and you're like "wha?" then you're going to be like "what are you talking about dude, that sucked!"

 

He's just a guy who's telling you what he thinks of the cartoon. And it's not like he's wrong.

Well, no, but I can be a ghey semi-fanboy and call him a poopy-head if I want too.

 

:tfevil

The only issue with liking G1 is ending up skint! (broke) like me! :(

Why is being a G1 fan so bad?

Awnser ITS NOT.

I`ve enjoyed pretty much every range since G1 but it was the "golden age" of T.F.s

As far as the original movie even as a kid i thought it sucked after starscream died but until that point it was great.

One question i have is if the original movie is sooo without merit (like bay says) then how come it keeps getting re-released over and over.

Movies don't get re-released on DVD because they're good; they get released because people buy them.

Movies don't get re-released on DVD because they're good; they get released because people buy them.

 

We have a winner.

 

Otherwise that movie "The Rise of Taj" wouldn't have been released.

 

At all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.