"Human" Versions of Transformers

teletran2

Didn't mean it like that, sorry. Had one of those people who made me think of Hound.

I see it more that Hound is wonderfully jovial. He loves humans and stuff, so he's very approachable. However, his sentiments aren't 100% shared with the rest of the Autobots, so he's kind of a "nerd" to them. Eh. Never mind it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm with Blot. Hound always seemed happier studying dinosaurs and making holograms...those aren't "outdoors" activities.

You have never read his boi then. Hound is an avid naturalist. Here is a quote: "Whether he is penetrating an enemy outpost as a scout, or just exploring the landscape in his personal time, Hound continually marvels at the natural beauty that exists in the Earth's forests, seas, and animal kingdom. Cybertron has been a burned-out, war-torn husk for so longthat Hound can barely remember what it looked like before the fighting started. The virgin, unspoiled wonders of Earth seemed so far removed from those battle-scarred metallic plains that Hound fell instantly in love with the world upon awakening, eagerly absorbing fascinating detail after detail about his new home."

Look at what Hound makes holograms out of too. They're all topographic maps of wilderness areas he has personally explored, or enemy outposts. Dinosaurs too are nature, which is fascinating to him. He loves nature in all its glory.

Transformer toy bios and the way they were depicted in the show are often contradictory.

I think show Hound is pretty spot on to what Blot described, thanks.

I mean, does anyone really think of Soundwave as a blackmailer? He was never depicted as "Despised by all other Decepticons." Yet his bio describes him that way.

This particular thread topic has no right or wrong, so let's not go crazy and derail it by trying to prove each other wrong.

Really, I'm just for making the "human" bots more human. Not all of them are unconquerable pillars of manliness, perfect pieces of machismo who even as mere men are still gods.

Mirage, for instance. He's a snob. Rich, enjoys hunting on his estate. Ergo: Lean. Perhaps tall. I see a long ponytail in the back (the way G1 Mirage had his "ponytail".

Gears: Gears can made anyway. He's short, a complainer. So he might have a few crow's feet under his eyes, perhaps a bit of thinning hair, and a cigarette in his mouth often.

Grapple. This is where I would diverge from people. He likes to build buildings, design blueprints, and turns into a crane, so a lot of people would say "Hey! Make him a construction foreman!"

I wouldn't. He likes to design, but his building seems to stop at models in my mind. A sculptor as much as an architect. A little pale, because he stays inside a lot, toiling over his designs and models, and a bit sloppily dressed as he tends to work on a million things on once, usually putting himself "last" on the list.

Gears: Gears can made anyway. He's short, a complainer. So he might have a few crow's feet under his eyes, perhaps a bit of thinning hair, and a cigarette in his mouth often.

Your description of Gears made me think of a grumpy Danny DeVito.

Crow's feet are at the outside corners of your eyes... ;)

Really, I'm just for making the "human" bots more human. Not all of them are unconquerable pillars of manliness, perfect pieces of machismo who even as mere men are still gods.

Mirage, for instance. He's a snob. Rich, enjoys hunting on his estate. Ergo: Lean. Perhaps tall. I see a long ponytail in the back (the way G1 Mirage had his "ponytail".

Grapple. This is where I would diverge from people. He likes to build buildings, design blueprints, and turns into a crane, so a lot of people would say "Hey! Make him a construction foreman!"

I wouldn't. He likes to design, but his building seems to stop at models in my mind. A sculptor as much as an architect. A little pale, because he stays inside a lot, toiling over his designs and models, and a bit sloppily dressed as he tends to work on a million things on once, usually putting himself "last" on the list.

See I agree with Grapple as more an artist, or an architect in a business suit. Though he does build, usually he designs and others do the majority of the building.

Mirage would definately have the gucci on with the pony tail and a martini in his hand. An upper crust snob.

Even in the show though Hound was constantly talking about his love of nature, and his maps and holograms were often of the geography around him. I never read the comics of read the bio books, but Hound always screamed more of a naturalist vibe to me. Not a manly man necessarily, he's not out fighting bears with his bear hands, but he is out studying nature, exploring and learning about the world around him. He'd be like one of the hosts on an animal planet show.

Archived