Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hasbro bashing

Recommended Posts

ok well there is a WHOLE LOT fo things to cover in this thread, so im just gonna speak my mind about the whole issue.

 

1)bashing for toy laws is as previously stated pretty stupid, i mean hasbro has no control over these things, even though some of you would ike to beilieve other wise, adn its true that TRU would NOT carrry a reissue megatron because we dont not promote "gun adn military" toys.  thats why TRU canada has strted t stop carrying GIJoe and all other military toys.

 

2)designs.  i hate it when fans bash a design, its one thing not to like a design its another to say its stupid and blah blah blah...look back for a second at ALL the diffrent modlds we have gotten in the bpast 20 years, its pretty hard to come up with new ideas and new concepts, so cut them some slack.

 

3)new gimmicks.  kids these days have a much shorter attention span then back in the day, thats why we are no longer getting any series that is more then a season long or anythign, cause kids alwayz need something fresh and new, so hasbro has to ry new gimmicks and ideas.  last year they tried minicons, it worked, so now we still get minicon ports on the new energon figures.

 

4)G1 fanatic.  STOP IT!! hate to break it to you ppl but G1 is long over! and stop expecting everythign to be G1 related, i mean so many of the fallowing series and individual episodes and toy lines were supperior in there own diffrent way, but ppl couldnt stop bashing them because they were diffrent from G1.

 

5)repaints.  this one blows me away...i mean so many ppl complain when hasbro doesnt repaint a figure a certain way..then when hasbro does repaint them those same ppl are complaining that they did repaint him and that hasbro is trying to suck us dry of our money, even though no one is forcing these ppl into buy htese figures! but then ofcourse comes Takara..Takara is the MASTER of repaints!!! they reapainted minicons over and over and over andover and over again! and no one complains! whats up with that?

 

 

 

anywayz thats all i gotta say about that

I think you pretty much covered everything, and said it better than I could.

 

 

Its easy too point out the negative things a company does.

  • Replies 178
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5)repaints.  this one blows me away...

I like repaints even though I don't collect them. I like the fact that if I like a mold, but not the colors, I can hold off and wait. Such as Overload into Energon Magnus. I'm waiting for Energon Jetfire and Ironhide to get repainted before i pick them up too.

 

People who don't like repaints are 1) people who collect everything because they can't help themselves and 2) people who think a repaint takes the places of an original and new toy (which isn't true, repaints are fillers).

1)bashing for toy laws is as previously stated pretty stupid, i mean hasbro has no control over these things, even though some of you would ike to beilieve other wise, adn its true that TRU would NOT carrry a reissue megatron because we dont not promote "gun adn military" toys. thats why TRU canada has strted t stop carrying GIJoe and all other military toys.
Must be a Canada thing, 'cause my local TRU's GI*Joe section is one of the biggest in the action-figure area (at least twice the size of the TF section), and shows no sign of changing. Of course, this being the US, the general mindset--despite 'feel-good' legislation to the contrary--seems to be that guns and the military are 'cool', and it's good for little boys to play with such 'manly' toys. (which is why you don't see 'Gun-Totin' Military Barbie' ;))

 

I'd much prefer to see Transformers (and He-Man) with fantastical sci-fi weaponry than the barely-removed-from-this-reality Joes and Joe-knockoffs.

 

2)designs.  i hate it when fans bash a design, its one thing not to like a design its another to say its stupid and blah blah blah...look back for a second at ALL the diffrent modlds we have gotten in the bpast 20 years, its pretty hard to come up with new ideas and new concepts, so cut them some slack.

Why do you guys -always- fall back on that argument? It is only difficult to come up with new ideas -if you do not TRY-. Since the prevailing (business) wisdom is "copy what's popular" or "they're just kids. they won't care if we cut corners", not trying is, unfortunately, the norm. If we 'bash' a particular design, you can bet it has to do with more than just whining to hear ourselves whine. One or two, maybe. But when dozens of people, just on a single message board, complain about the same bad design flaws, there's something substantial to the complaint.

 

3)new gimmicks.  kids these days have a much shorter attention span then back in the day, thats why we are no longer getting any series that is more then a season long or anythign, cause kids alwayz need something fresh and new, so hasbro has to ry new gimmicks and ideas.  last year they tried minicons, it worked, so now we still get minicon ports on the new energon figures.

Yes. That would be the fault of popular-entertainment producers who, in the ongoing quest for The Almighty Dollar, do whatever it takes, including chipping away at kids' attention spans with cheap, flashy crap and forcing "The Next Big Thing" down their media-saturated throats.

1)bashing for toy laws is as previously stated pretty stupid, i mean hasbro has no control over these things, even though some of you would ike to beilieve other wise, adn its true that TRU would NOT carrry a reissue megatron because we dont not promote "gun adn military" toys. thats why TRU canada has strted t stop carrying GIJoe and all other military toys.

Must be a Canada thing, 'cause my local TRU's GI*Joe section is one of the biggest in the action-figure area (at least twice the size of the TF section), and shows no sign of changing.

It's actually a world wide thing. G.I.Joe is the Real American Hero. Not Canadian, Japanese, Dutch...or even a summed up Real International Hero. It's slogan limits its popularity because it becomes exclusive to one country.

 

Which is one reason why I love TFs. No real racial alliances, just cool robots!

I love the comment "if you don't like it don't buy it" it seems be the answer given to those of us who actually see something more something better.

 

To answer that comment I'm saying "create more of what I am looking for!"

 

If Hasbro was reading this and other boards they would learn alot and PROFIT from it.

 

What is so hard about taking the gripes and complaints as a form of suggestion and put it to good use. This message board and others like it is the cheapest form of marketing research imagainable!

 

"What do people like what do they not like!"

 

Hasbro can use these boards as a wake up call and start using our gripe and suggestions as a guid line on what to do for their next toy or toy line.

Hasbro needs to consider this in regards to their Transformer lines cos as we all know Transformers had a real bleak history (ex remember the pretenders LOL,LOL). Now they just finally got ground and need to stick with it.

 

The most basic complaint that Hasbro can take to heart is the repaint issue. I don't see any body asking for repaints as much as I've seen countless pleads for Hasbro to create something new instead of repainting something old.

 

(Yes I remember that most of G1 85 line was a repaint and retool of G1 84 but Jetfire and Omega saved that line!)

 

Create new stuff! Easy!!!!

 

Transfans (most of them) are sick of repaints.

  • Author
Which is one reason why I love TFs. No real racial alliances, just cool robots!

Always a good thing. :thumb

I love the comment "if you don't like it don't buy it" it seems be the answer given to those of us who actually see something more something better.

 

To answer that comment I'm saying "create more of what I am looking for!"

 

If Hasbro was reading this and other boards they would learn alot and PROFIT from it.

 

What is so hard about taking the gripes and complaints as a form of suggestion and put it to good use. This message board and others like it is the cheapest form of marketing research imagainable!

 

"What do people like what do they not like!"

 

Hasbro can use these boards as a wake up call and start using our gripe and suggestions as a guid line on what to do for their next toy or toy line.

Hasbro needs to consider this in regards to their Transformer lines cos as we all know Transformers had a real bleak history (ex remember the pretenders LOL,LOL). Now they just finally got ground and need to stick with it.

 

The most basic complaint that Hasbro can take to heart is the repaint issue. I don't see any body asking for repaints as much as I've seen countless pleads for Hasbro to create something new instead of repainting something old.

 

(Yes I remember that most of G1 85 line was a repaint and retool of G1 84 but Jetfire and Omega saved that line!)

 

Create new stuff! Easy!!!!

 

Transfans (most of them) are sick of repaints.

If hasbro was reading this board, they would see collectors doing nothing but complain. Now if I worked at hasbro, and read comments like

 

"create more of what I am looking for!"

 

or

 

"Create new stuff! Easy!!!!"

 

id be quite annoyed.

Transfans (most of them) are sick of repaints.

I know where you're coming from. But from a business side of things, they do it because apparently they sell. I see tons of G1s sitting on the shelves but hardly any repaints of Armada. It's easy money and it does make business sense.

 

And as I mentioned before, as a Transfan I don't mind repaints because for me, they provide choice. Because of this, I'm one of the few who would rather see repaints (if they are to come out at all) to come out sooner rather than later.

This is funny I just made a comment about this on TFormers.com. Here's what I said...

 

You know I feel I must say something. Now I am just as much a TF fan as any of you guys. But this constant B****in is getting old. If you don't like it then DON'T BUY IT!!! If you don't like it's color then paint it YOURSELF!!! If you don't like the name then DON'T CALL IT BY THAT NAME!!!

 

I think that it's wonderful that Hasbro and takarawhatever are doing Reissues and Alternators and Armada and Energon and whatever. The fact is they could just simply stick to energon and not worry about Reissues or Alternators But since the fan base is so big they did and that's what's important.

 

Now Im not saying we shouldn't voice our concerns that's how they learn what their doing right and wrong and that gives us a better product. Beleave me I was not impressed with the Armada line and was even more disapointed with the RID line. But you know what "I" did about it? I DIDN'T BUY THE TOYS! Folks please give hasbro credit for the good and the bad but if it's bad just don't buy it. Well I'm done my bi***in so go back to your rants, thanks you.

 

Now I've read the complaints that have been posted and yeah some of them are true. I don't like the idea of Decpticon Car Alternators. *That is unless they are gonna form Menasor.* :tfevil But fat chance of that I feel. But you know what I'm gonna do about it? I'm not gonna buy them.

 

I am a Graphic Designer *at least I will be when I graduate from school*. And the one thing that school has taught me is that sometimes an ad campain just doesn't work out. It's not because we are being F*@#$ers! It's just that we do have alot more to think about and it would be wonderful if they created new molds for every transformer but at the same time I don't feel like spending $80-some for a new Skywarp. And as for skull fire you may not want to hear about the cost of molds but they still exsist. I don't want to hear about my carpayment but oh guess what? If I don't pay it I lose my car.

 

But nonetheless I see your point but we have to be able to look at both sides of the fence here. I feel we can let hasbro, and takarabaga-whatever know how we feel without saying how much they suck. I don't like all their ideas but I look at my selves full of all the transformers from yesteryear and I say thank you Hasbro for allowing me to get these back cause they have been sorely missed. Cause I would rather deal with repaints, reissues and the disapointment of a few transformers than to have to fight for the scraps of the transformers that are still around after all these years.

  • Author
I love the comment "if you don't like it don't buy it" it seems be the answer given to those of us who actually see something more something better.

 

To answer that comment I'm saying "create more of what I am looking for!"

 

If Hasbro was reading this and other boards they would learn alot and PROFIT from it.

 

What is so hard about taking the gripes and complaints as a form of suggestion and put it to good use. This message board and others like it is the cheapest form of marketing research imagainable!

 

"What do people like what do they not like!"

 

Hasbro can use these boards as a wake up call and start using our gripe and suggestions as a guid line on what to do for their next toy or toy line.

Hasbro needs to consider this in regards to their Transformer lines cos as we all know Transformers had a real bleak history (ex remember the pretenders LOL,LOL). Now they just finally got ground and need to stick with it.

 

The most basic complaint that Hasbro can take to heart is the repaint issue. I don't see any body asking for repaints as much as I've seen countless pleads for Hasbro to create something new instead of repainting something old.

 

(Yes I remember that most of G1 85 line was a repaint and retool of G1 84 but Jetfire and Omega saved that line!)

 

Create new stuff! Easy!!!!

 

Transfans (most of them) are sick of repaints.

If hasbro was reading this board, they would see collectors doing nothing but complain. Now if I worked at hasbro, and read comments like

 

"create more of what I am looking for!"

 

or

 

"Create new stuff! Easy!!!!"

 

id be quite annoyed.

Viktor V Makes a good point, after all creative criticism is one thing, but down and out bashing is another…I really don’t know how well that serves as motivation to do better.

 

As a company I’m sure they would try not to take the bashing personally, but I can’t help but think the bashing serves no purpose what so ever. People always say transfans are boys in men’s bodies…well when I read some of the childish comments made about Hasbro it makes me feel that that statement is not too far from the truth. :redface

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.