Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hasbro bashing

Recommended Posts

I had a problem with MP Prime's grey gun. Solution? I painted it black.

 

I had a beef with the super long seeker missiles. Takara's Thundercracker and Skywarp eHobby exclusives are still US$100+ bucks. Solution? I bought Hasbro's versions and chopped down the missiles, wrapped the remaining ends in some tape. Presto! Missiles that don't fall out and look great. Granted you can't do anything about the other set of missiles, but I don't have em displayed in bot mode.

 

Prime and Magnus's short stacks? Bought a couple junkers off eBay with good chrome stacks. Did a 'lil surgery. Long stacks.

 

Did I want to have to do these things? No. But I'd rather have them displayed proudly on my shelf than not have them.

  • Replies 178
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Also what’s this about “G1 toys are not for kids. They're frail”, one question weren’t they frail when u were a child…or is this a new found osteoporosis condition for G1 transformers?  The fact is Children are children and if they see a nice looking toy they are going to ask mom and dad to get it for them….its not all about transfans.

Did I say they weren't frail when I was a kid? They are frail. Look at the majority of toys out there aimed at kids...pretty darn sturdy. I can drop any energon and not worry about it. Things are different now than when we were kids in case you haven't noticed. Don't see G1 Megatron's nice gun mode taking up any shelf space do you?

 

Toys have changed. What hasn't?

 

Children are children and children want Armada and Energon and Universe. No toy line aimed at kids can sell for $40 per basic figure. That's a fact. And it proves that G1s are bought by adult collectors and aimed at adult collectors. That little ages 5 and up sticker doesn't mean anything.

You might be right about kids wanting more of armada and energon, but I still see a few kids wanting the G1 stuff, also some parents that remember having G1 toys want to get them for their kids…all I’m saying is Hasbro never truly knows who's hands the reissues are going to land up in…they are sold in regular toy stores after all (that’s what TRU is right?).

A few kids wanting G1 stuff compared to the majority of adult collectors? I think the favor should swing in our way.

 

Here's what it comes down to: I could understand from a business point of view if they had data telling them this:

 

1) A few kids will buy G1, including ones which springs are taken out of such as Silverstreak, Inferno and Hoist. They will not care these missiles don't shoot out for these figures.

 

2) A few kids will buy Thundercracker and Skywarp (and probably eventually Thrust) ONLY IF those missiles launch. They will be upset and return these toys if they get home and realize their missiles don't shoot out.

 

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Hasbro was too lazy to take the springs out when they KNEW that's what their majority of G1 consumers wanted. They KNEW this because they took springs out of Hoist, Inferno, etc. The seekers they figured they would just reuse and repaint Starscream's accessories.

 

As a result, they ride the fence with these seeker ressiues. Young kids don't want them. Adult collectors don't like the changes (which is way more drastic than black vs chrome weapons). Doesn't sound like good businesss sense to me.

  • Author
I'd rather have them displayed proudly on my shelf than not have them.

I second that one….maybe some transfans would be thinking your way if the G1 well dried up…hopefully we will never find out.

I don't understand the big deal about the missiles -or- the black-instead-of-chrome guns. :tfhuh

 

I don't care about the missiles, 'since I'll maybe fire them -once-, the first time I open a new figure, then never take 'em out of the package again.

 

And it really doesn't matter if the gun is chrome, black or paisley. The most important part of the G1 re-issues/Commemorative Series toys (to me) is that the bots, themselves, are accurately reproduced.

 

Then again, I never really cared about the missiles or guns back in '85, either. :tfgrin

I actually prefer the black guns on the re-issues. But the other parts that were chromed, I prefer stay that way. :)

 

G1 Smokescreen looks odd charging into battle with his blingin' rifle. Shoot me! Shoot me! :tfevil

 

That's just it. The G1 well will dry up, maybe sooner, maybe later. We don't know yet. Til then I'm not gonna pay 200% markup for an eBay used original. :tdown When I can get minty fresh. :thumb

I think "The Interlinks" comments on the G1s and Altenators are very important.

 

1. In comparison to energon, armada, and universe (all very sturdy toys) the G1s are pretty fragile and Altinators are extremly fragile!

 

2. Altinators and G1s primary target demographic are us collectors (the 5 and up tag is but on all Hasbro products)

 

3. The Alternators are about scale and realistic features; so when some one at Hasbro can't be creative enough to ad something simple as a working trunk then it is lazyness on Hasbro designers. Again Smokescreen will be the best Altinator thus far. Everything works on him!

 

4. What makes Altinators more for older people? Well first off the transormation parts on these things is so tight that if a kid was not carefull it would break. Kids don't care allot about the realistic detail, scale and features; collectors do. You seen the way kid play with toys, Smoke or Sides wouldn't last one day! Also it would behoove Hasbro raise the toy suggestion age from 5 to say 14 or 15 years old; one of those fragile parts break off of that brittle plastic and a 5 year old kid swallows it, thats it for the Altinators.

 

Now lastly The Interlink said some thing about that the Alternator cars are only scaled at 1:24 and he pointed out that it was the scale for the cars, not the whole line which is why jets could be made.

 

I don't have a scale specific for the jets but to give you an idea in robot form the jets would be a little bigger than the cars in robot form.

 

Actually I do have a scale, just pulled out my Robotech VF-1S master piece edition and it is scaled at 1/55th

 

Alright Hasbro watch dogs read this, make your fans happy and you'll rake in the big bucks. Unless you've been hibernating in a cave, you should know by now the TFans don't want repaints of what they have, they want JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I just gave you guys at Hasbro the scale to get to work on!

3. The Alternators are about scale and realistic features; so when some one at Hasbro can't be creative enough to ad something simple as a working trunk then it is lazyness on Hasbro designers. Again Smokescreen will be the best Altinator thus far. Everything works on him!

 

So is that why both Smokescreen and Sideswipe have non-working steering wheels? The only thing that's "working steering" is the fact that the front wheels turn left and right in unison.

 

I will grant you that, considering the tail of the car doesn't actually change on Sideswipe, the trunk -could- have been made to open/close (something that can be remedied with a kitbash, I'm sure). Then again, there's nothing -under- that trunk lid, and I believe his arms or something (I've only transformed him once) fold into the space that would otherwise be occupied by the trunk itself. So, sure.. you can make the trunk lid operable, but opening it would kill the illusion of a real car.

ok well there is a WHOLE LOT fo things to cover in this thread, so im just gonna speak my mind about the whole issue.

 

1)bashing for toy laws is as previously stated pretty stupid, i mean hasbro has no control over these things, even though some of you would ike to beilieve other wise, adn its true that TRU would NOT carrry a reissue megatron because we dont not promote "gun adn military" toys. thats why TRU canada has strted t stop carrying GIJoe and all other military toys.

 

2)designs. i hate it when fans bash a design, its one thing not to like a design its another to say its stupid and blah blah blah...look back for a second at ALL the diffrent modlds we have gotten in the bpast 20 years, its pretty hard to come up with new ideas and new concepts, so cut them some slack.

 

3)new gimmicks. kids these days have a much shorter attention span then back in the day, thats why we are no longer getting any series that is more then a season long or anythign, cause kids alwayz need something fresh and new, so hasbro has to ry new gimmicks and ideas. last year they tried minicons, it worked, so now we still get minicon ports on the new energon figures.

 

4)G1 fanatic. STOP IT!! hate to break it to you ppl but G1 is long over! and stop expecting everythign to be G1 related, i mean so many of the fallowing series and individual episodes and toy lines were supperior in there own diffrent way, but ppl couldnt stop bashing them because they were diffrent from G1.

 

5)repaints. this one blows me away...i mean so many ppl complain when hasbro doesnt repaint a figure a certain way..then when hasbro does repaint them those same ppl are complaining that they did repaint him and that hasbro is trying to suck us dry of our money, even though no one is forcing these ppl into buy htese figures! but then ofcourse comes Takara..Takara is the MASTER of repaints!!! they reapainted minicons over and over and over andover and over again! and no one complains! whats up with that?

 

 

 

anywayz thats all i gotta say about that

4)G1 fanatic.  STOP IT!! hate to break it to you ppl but G1 is long over! and stop expecting everythign to be G1 related, i mean so many of the fallowing series and individual episodes and toy lines were supperior in there own diffrent way, but ppl couldnt stop bashing them because they were diffrent from G1.

I agree about this pertaining to someone who not only loves G1, but also HATES everything else because it's not G1.

 

I love G1. I also have a good bunch of Armada and one or two Energon (and Universe) I like a lot too.

 

EDIT: And some awesome RiD figures too.

  • Author
ok well there is a WHOLE LOT fo things to cover in this thread, so im just gonna speak my mind about the whole issue.

 

1)bashing for toy laws is as previously stated pretty stupid, i mean hasbro has no control over these things, even though some of you would ike to beilieve other wise, adn its true that TRU would NOT carrry a reissue megatron because we dont not promote "gun adn military" toys. thats why TRU canada has strted t stop carrying GIJoe and all other military toys.

 

2)designs. i hate it when fans bash a design, its one thing not to like a design its another to say its stupid and blah blah blah...look back for a second at ALL the diffrent modlds we have gotten in the bpast 20 years, its pretty hard to come up with new ideas and new concepts, so cut them some slack.

 

3)new gimmicks. kids these days have a much shorter attention span then back in the day, thats why we are no longer getting any series that is more then a season long or anythign, cause kids alwayz need something fresh and new, so hasbro has to ry new gimmicks and ideas. last year they tried minicons, it worked, so now we still get minicon ports on the new energon figures.

 

4)G1 fanatic. STOP IT!! hate to break it to you ppl but G1 is long over! and stop expecting everythign to be G1 related, i mean so many of the fallowing series and individual episodes and toy lines were supperior in there own diffrent way, but ppl couldnt stop bashing them because they were diffrent from G1.

 

5)repaints. this one blows me away...i mean so many ppl complain when hasbro doesnt repaint a figure a certain way..then when hasbro does repaint them those same ppl are complaining that they did repaint him and that hasbro is trying to suck us dry of our money, even though no one is forcing these ppl into buy htese figures! but then ofcourse comes Takara..Takara is the MASTER of repaints!!! they reapainted minicons over and over and over andover and over again! and no one complains! whats up with that?

 

 

 

anywayz thats all i gotta say about that

So you true dude, I couldn’t have said it better my self….I feel the same way….but man I can see you been walking around with this bottled up haven’t you? Well I sure u feel better know that u got that off your chest.

 

Way good post man. :thumb

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.