Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Girls and your Collection

Recommended Posts

  • Author
:eek this is exactly the face my neighbors get when they see my collection.

 

Yeah I get that too.. haha.. and the stuff I have right now is pretty much just a fraction of the whole thing. :redface I seriously don't think it's really all that much. It's just my room is kind of small.. so the stuff ends up getting spread out.

  • Replies 191
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well let me tell ya... My finace gives me crap all the time!!! Back in 04 I got back into collecting (from a long break... since I was a kid). We went to the convention in Chicago. She bought me the Decipticon hockey jersey, g1 reissue optimus prime for 25.00 and some key chain bots. So in essence she blames herself for the collecting.

 

Then I started collecting energon and old g1 stuff like a madman. I have almost the whole energon collection, minus some repaints. She teases the hell out of me all the time about it. I obtained all the TF's I had when I was a kid from ebay, Prime, grapple, hoist, crosshairs...etc

 

My walls and table are filled with them now. The past two months I've been aquiring tf comics too.

 

She's always give me crap about it. That you're too old (I'm only 25) or that I'm way to obsessed. I always tell her its a fun hobbie and its nice to belong to a community of something truly kick ass. I think now she is starting to warm up to it now. She now thinks its "cute" that I have a passion for collecting the stuff.

 

I've kinda backed off this year, we have a house to buy in the spring so we are saving all our pennies. I'm waiting for the sales and xmas bargins to snatch up all the cyberton tfs. Got a few so far but so many more to get!

 

At any rate, I think she's become more open to it. I just wish she shared the hobbie with me and got into it. I still can't get her to watch old G1 dvds. Maybe some day she will embrace the coolness of the TFormers! I guy can hope, can't he?

  • 2 months later...
She's always give me crap about it. That you're too old (I'm only 25) or that I'm way to obsessed. I always tell her its a fun hobbie and its nice to belong to a community of something truly kick ass. I think now she is starting to warm up to it now. She now thinks its "cute" that I have a passion for collecting the stuff.

 

My family gives me the same kind of crap for collecting my toys.  The place where I live I get all kinds of dirty looks from strangers in the stores.  My grandmother thinks that the toys are "cute" and my mother doesn't really give a Blot about what I do with my money.

 

My grandpa caught me watching Beast Wars one day and he said to me: "aren't you ever going to grow up" and I simply said: "no!"  My cousin asked me why I bought a toy?  I said because "I wanted to."

 

The only one who doesn't know about my hobby is my father.  I'd prefer that my hobby stay a secret from him because he'd be telling me to grow up and I don't want to hear that.  My brother would probably say that to me too and he'd probably never be able to keep his mouth shut to my father about it :roll .

I brought one girl home from the bar who loved them, and how "geeked out" the rest of my place was (lot of movie posters and such)...but I also had another who was...let's say...not so impressed with the TF's.  :grr

Nope, never had a girl over to view my collection. I certainly wouldn't now, because we're in the middle of a construction project, and none of them are displayed properly.  :tflaugh

 

My mom gets irritated from time to time, but that's only because she worries about me making my bills. My bills come first, I've told her and showed her as much, but when things are tight for her and she sees me buying yet ANOTHER tf, she gets a bit upset.

 

My sister rolls her eyes and tells me to grow up, and has stated firmly she refuses to get me any tfs or anything related to tfs for birthday or Christmas. Thanks, Sis, let's skip out on the thing he REALLY wants in favor of that feeling of moral superiority.

 

My father hates it with a passion.

 

Grandmothers don't care. I got one to purchase me three RMs for Christmas, which HOPEFULLY will be arriving soon.

 

My friends just roll their eyes and act amazed whenever I say I picked up a new one.

 

I still have to wonder what people are going to say when I tell them I'm willing to spend 250 bucks for one transformer. . .

 

Seriously though, I love collecting my bots. Whenever I see a new one I have a joygasm. I'll admit, I get a bit bad when I go on "Transformer Shopping Days" where I hit every store in town and pick up every TF I don't have and can afford. Coming home with $150 in TFs certainly doesn't do a lot for the home front, I can tell you that.

 

Now, though, space is beginning to become an issue. My Energon line, which is every piece in the line, nix the repaints, is locked away on semi-permanent display in a candy case my friend got me. It's even got a working light bar. Then I've got various bots from G1 to Universe, including some GoBots which I'm figuring out what to do with, as well as all my Alternators and my Cybertron. I haven't counted them in a while, mostly because I'm sure the number will frighten me. I'm working on a file system to keep track of missiles, cards, instructions, gimmick pieces, which I store in a profile storage tub. Afterall, if you're going to collect, you might as well do it well, right?

 

But I love my Transformers. They're awesome robots and just so cool. My hobby has expanded from collecting to repainting, and I'm hoping to eventually delve into kitbashing further and even building my own TFs. It's something I love, enjoy doing, and it keeps me interested. If a girl, or anyone for that matter, has a problem with it, it's really their issue.

 

Think about it, seriously. Would there be so many homages if HasTak didn't think they could bank on the nostalgia of older collectors?

I know some people who prefer not to be included in my hobby, but I've never met anyone who quit liking me over them.

I had a few girls over for voice recording purposes for my demo reel (for those that don't know I'm an animation student) and being my room is kind of small, my collection was pretty much out in the open. It was kind of interesting, at least for me, because no girl has really ever seen that side of me.. I mean they were a little surprized, but for the most part they actually seemed to like it.. particulary the Alternators. :tfgrin

 

.. I suppose I can sort of get away with it because I got that 'geeky animator' thing. It's almost expected.. So, I'm known as the guy with TFs..  :tftongue

 

Anyone else have an experience where a girl sees your stash in all of it's glory?

 

yeah, i showed them my stash in all it's glory once or twice  :tflaugh

 

This girl at the checkout counter at my local TRU told me that she thought it was "cute" that I collect Transformers.

 

I think she is pretty cute herself so next time I go in there I might have to convert to mac mode.

 

quagmire, is that you?

My X was kinda weird about it, she used to say she didnt have a problem with it, but it seemed that every time I would meet one of her friends the first thing out of their mouth would be, "So you collect transformers".  I never understood her need to tell everyone, but that is over thankfully.

 

As for my current GF, I told her that i collect transformers on like the third date.  The first time she came over to my place she looked around (I have alts displayed on my entertainment center on the shelves and in my room near the bathroom.  She told me this later, but she thought to herself at that time that "Oh this isnt so bad".  But I realized that she had not seen the real collection and told her to open the coat closet door so she could see the entire collection in all its displayed glory.  Well she was a little taken aback by it, but got over it quickly.  Now she has GF Hop at work and Choro Q Megatron on her coffee table at home.  Every time I go over there its in a different mode, so I know she is playing with it.

 

A funny fact, is that she is starting to look to buy a new car, and actually sat down with the white Jazz BT and looked it over to see if she would like a Mazda.  Then she turned to me and asked why there was no Mini Alternator.  So I told her and she was unhappy. 

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster->

 

I started collecting back in my junior year of College (4 years ago now, jimminy). At the time I was living with my girlfriend (now wife). She really liked them and is very supportive of all my toy purchases. She was particularly amused by how excited I was when I got my Rodimus Prime in the mail one day. I've wanted that since I was a kid, it's nice to finally own it. Since I started making real money I kicked up my purchases, but since I dig G1 reissues and Binaltech only, I've ran out of things to buy (transformers-wise).

 

So, getting back on topic, women that have seen my collections:

 

Wife: Loves them

Mom: Likes the fact that I collect something from my childhood

Sister-in-law (wife's sister): Thinks they're childish

Sister-in-law (brother's wife): Thinks they're cute

Mother-in-law: Is pretty indifferent ( "That's nice" ).

Wife's Friends: Generally they think they're cool. (We went out to dinner with another couple last week. They came back afterwards to take a tour of our apartment, and to see the Christmas Tree. When we got to the bedroom the boyfriend was going gaa-gaa over my Gundams and Transformers (he went nuts over Unicron and the Binaltech) ).

 

Fun fact: Nearly half of all my toys were purchased for me as birthday, Christmas and "I love you" gifts from my Wife.

Never really had any problems w/ anyone who has seen my collection. In fact, I had to point it out to my current girlfriend. It went something like this,

"well so what do you think?"

"About what?"

"You mean you didn't see either of the big-ass bookcases full of TF?"

"The what? No I didn't see anything."

"Ok, let me turn the display lights on for you. Now what do you think?"

"Oh, that is kinda cool. What are those, Transformers or something?"

 

Hehe, I promise you that now she knows all about them, and she usually doesn't complain too much. She even really likes the BW cartoons (can't stand G1 cartoons though).

 

Other girls really have never minded too much. An ex-girlfriend always thought that I spent too much on them (and I probably was), but that is just another way the current girlfriend is better. She doesn't care on what/how I spend my $$, and I really appreciate that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.