Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Girls and your Collection

Recommended Posts

I admit it was easier when I had the display room at my old apartment (aka never used the dining room b/c in a bachelor pad, the tv room doubles as the same ;) ) So sometimes that would never get mentioned...my ex though didn't mind. She said that if I'm spending my extra dough on that (and her) she knew I couldn't afford to cheat on her lol.

 

The current girl I'm kinda sorta seeing...it was more interesting. In my current place I have them in my bed room so when she first came in...it was like "ooh..." and an amazed look...the major downsize is that I now know when my room mate is also getting...amorous with his girl when I see Metroplex "dancing" on the top shelf against the wall...

  • Replies 191
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least you don't like football!

 

When I first started collecting again, she was like "Stop talking to me about them, I'm not listening!"

But now she knows nearly all their names, (more than me I'm afraid), and she even goes on Transformer hunts for me!

 

5 Star Chick *****  :luv

Actually, the weird thing is, people seem to accept it more that I collect toys than the fact that I collect hockey cards.  :tfhuh

yes my cousin came to my house and saw my shelf filled with transformers and the only ones she liked were energon arcee,cybertron override and energon perceptor and when i sakede why she said they looked like gurls and perceptor aint a girl.

From my POV it's okay for a guy of any age to collect toys.  I find it interesting when I tell guys that I collect transformers.  The reaction that I get is somewhat varried but still I don't give a Blot what anybody thinks in this two bit hicktown that I live in.

Girls completely ignore my collection.  Most of it is stored away anyway but they'll walk right past unicron as if he isn't even there. Probably because they don't want to be ridiculed by him during their walk of shame out of my apartment the next morning.

Walk of shame???  :rofl  :tflaugh1

 

My wife doesn't mind because my collection is not that big.  She's all in on the

dvd's.  She's bought at least 3 G1 box sets without me having to say a word.

 

Not mine she said,"you buy the toys now dvds" :redface

I'm 25 and my house is littered with comics and a plethora of Japanese and American toys.

 

My previous GF didn't get it.  She was all about me donating to the Boys Club to get rid of the comic overflow and such.  Needles to say, she viewed it as child's things.  Meanwhile, I bust my ass at work, college, teaching and volunteer programs.  She wanted me to fit her image of who I should be.  That relationship ended after a year - no surprise there.

 

The girl I've been dating for the past 10 months is the flipside.  She transforms them quite a bit, and asks questions.  I've bought her an alternator and a few mini-bot size figures.  I try not to inundate her, but she's curious enough to ask about all the different anime movies I have and knows the difference between Ultraman and Go Nagai's giant robots and Robotech mecha/Gundam mobile suits.  That's pretty good for girl who's not been exposed to the stuff.

 

So yeah, I agree, the right chicks really dig transformers.  Don't ever let a person make you give up what you enjoy.  It's destructive of character and ultimately make a statement of how much she cares for you.

From what I understand about women, which according to my x girlfriend is very little, girls like confidence in a man. If you want to turn a girl off just act insecure around her. That will most assuredly do the trick.

 

If you act unabashed about your TF collecting they will not get as weirded out. But once you start showing that you are ashamed a girl will be instantly disenchanted.

 

But, by the same token, you can’t start telling her all the little nerdy details of our hobby. “Hey baby, did you know that Optimus Prime is 50 feet tall in robot mode and has an intelligence factor of 10?�

 

Just my thoughts on it anyway.

:pfx x 10000000000000000000000000000000000

 

:pfx x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

 

Don't ever let a person make you give up what you enjoy.  It's destructive of character and ultimately make a statement of how much she cares for you.

 

I agree Kamen Rider Rodimus.  Very much so.  I've had friends over, some gawk at my collection, some kind of admit that it's neat, and some just kind of say I'm me and they respect that and that's it.

 

I've never had a female in my room except for my mom or one of my sisters intruding when I'm trying to relax telling me it's time for dinner or to do some chore.  Only my dad and brother respect my space :redface

I just try to keep my interest in the tf's mythology hidden......no one really knows....and its kinda embarassing when you try to explain to someone why i drew a decepticon symbol on my project...lol, that along with when people come over and see my very, very small "collection" of myclone galvatron,  G1 hotrod, and G1 season 2 part 2 DVD set...

:eek this is exactly the face my neighbors get when they see my collection.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.