Why do people hate the Transformer movie by Michael Bay

darkguy3000

I like the first movie. But the second movie sucked Devastator's brass wrecking balls.

Too much humping, too much toilet humor, and way too much Bad acting. (Megatron Starscream, Soundwave, Ironhide, Jetfire and Prime were the only good ones in the movie period, Demolisher and The Doctor were crap, Fallen was way to throaty and unnecessary *as were Alice and Reedman*, Wheelie and the twins were forced, Devastator had barely any lines, as did Sideswipe, Ratchet *A downgrade from the previous film*, Rampage and the Arcee triplets and the humans... well, I'll get onto them soon).

Not only that but the CG was rather rushed in parts, Leo was just flat out bad that I wanted to go into the film and kill him. and let's not forget that Robot Heaven scene. The humans were quite possibly the worst aspect of the film aside from the military. Galloway, as Epps put him, was an Ass-hole. I was glad when he was sucked out of the plane, though not as glad when he survived.Makaela was only there for her ass. And yeah... Not a good film.

Who is Reedman???? I know that Welker did the voice but I have not still figured this guy out...

You know that paper thin guy made from the tiny bots Ravage puked into that pipe? That's him.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reedman is the hairball-bakugan Cons that Ravage spit up into the Government facility. The balls TF'd then combined into Reedman, the skinny bladed dude that cut thru a bunch of guards.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Bay made the 2007 Transformers movie and he also made Revenge of The Fallen. It seems some Transformers fans REALLY hate those movie. I honestly did like those movies and thought they were awesome. The live action movies aren't the only Transformers franchise that I saw. I have seen the G1 cartoon and Beast War.

My question is why do people (mostly transformers fans) hate the Transformers movie by Michael Bay. I'm just curious, I'm not going to judge you or anything like that. I just want to know your opinion.

I hate ROTF because the film is, in all ways, in all things, catastrophically and unforgivably bad.

There are too many plot holes, too much inconsistency and incoherence within the core narrative and too much Bay. There are too many Autobots borrowing from the Decepticon playbook. There was no character development of true consequence. There was too much gratuitous skin, and too much shitty 'humor' that would make even Pauly Shore cringe. All that, aaaaaaaand: this was yet another TF film that is mostly more about the humans than the titular TFs. These things all came together to make me absolutely embarrassed to be in the theater watching this, and ashamed to be a TF fan.

Lastly, there was too much of the 'I don't Care About Transformers, But I Can Make $$$$$ Off Them' stink about this film. If Bay hates the franchise, I can hate his films, fully and unreservedly. The fact that the Bayverse is so unspeakably bad is criminal, and Michael Bay should be taken out behind the woodshed and beaten like a red-headed stepchild for the truly fucked-up film he has made.

It's not so much that people hate the first, I mean it was up for Oscar nods in special effects. With all first in a series of movies, it's to be expected that there will be some plot holes, characters that need development, things that will be dropped and new things that will be added to improve it. Any time there is a large sci-fi movie, you expect the critics to be harsh, not with the first movie. Lots of critics actually liked the movie. I liked it so much I went to see it 4 times and once at Imax.

It's that Revenge of the Fallen, for all its hype, was brought down by things that should are never seen in the TFs series before. With ROTF, there were so many characters and potty humor that made me cringe, that I wondered at times if this was supposed to be a movie about Autobots vs Decepticons, or a badly acted, potty-humor movie with some robots battling in the background. I wondered if the script was written to see how much potty humor the writers could get away with. At least at one point even Bay admitted it was bad.

For Dark of the Moon, with the strong suspicion that Shockwave will be the next Decepticon to debut, I'm hoping that he uses Wheelie, the twins, and some other characters for target practice. Has anyone found out what his alt mode will be yet?

Michael Bay made the 2007 Transformers movie and he also made Revenge of The Fallen. It seems some Transformers fans REALLY hate those movie. I honestly did like those movies and thought they were awesome. The live action movies aren't the only Transformers franchise that I saw. I have seen the G1 cartoon and Beast War.

My question is why do people (mostly transformers fans) hate the Transformers movie by Michael Bay. I'm just curious, I'm not going to judge you or anything like that. I just want to know your opinion.

For me it's the fact that despite the title, it's not about the Transformers; it's about the personal growth & puppydog romance(s) of Sam Witwicky, with the TFs' war as a backdrop. Too many characters might as well have been piloted mecha in the movies, on both sides. The Arcee trio, Jolt, Sideswipe, any `Con apart from Megs, Screamer or the Fallen, weren't really characters at all. Even in G1 they'd have gotten a throwaway line or two to give them some personality. They're robotic aliens, not just battle machines!

Bay needs to realize we're not going to see Sam, Carlie, etc; we're going to see Optimus, Bumblebee, and the other robots. One of my hopes for the third movie is that Cullen, Gooding and Welker get top billing. They're the real stars of the movie, or at least should be.

Its because in order to be a TF fan, you have to hate the product, but 10 years later you will love it. Remember Beast Wars/Machines?

I still hate Beast Machines. Beast Wars is the best TF series ever made, and BM suffered by being a poor sequel to it. As a stand-alone series it might have been okay, but rewriting the BW characters' personalities killed it for me.

i met one of the cg special affects artist at lucas arts at a toy show here in santa clara, ca. she told me this little story.

she had only heard of transformers, along with the other crew she worked with. some grew up with tf's along the way. they all did research into the tf's and she said that the tf world is rich with characters and stories that could go in many directions. similar to star wars (but w/o GL as supreme dictator) they believed their could be a great movie made. but after the direction of bay... they lost all hope. becoming like many of us in our job, just earning the paycheck with angst. she told me not to expect much from the third movie. she did however begin collecting g1 though from this. she was looking for g1 optimus prime when i met her.

For me, the movies itself are okay. I just can't stand the design! Other than Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Ironhide, and Ratchet, the rest of the movie bots design look like crap. The faces are horrible and as for the bodies too many parts are exposed out.

The first question here is, "Why do people hate the Transformers films directed by Michael Bay?" I believe the answer to be relatively straightforward: Michael Bay is a director with a history of substituting spectacle for such time-honored cinematic trappings as creative characterization and narrative coherence. People unable or unwilling to lower their standards in such areas will find little appeal in Michael Bay's cinematic output.

The second question is equally straightforward: "Why do Transformers fans hate the Transformers films directed by Michael Bay?" It has been my experience that this is true only of a portion of the fandom. Where applicable however, the answers are equally simple - some fans might perceive Mr. Bay's work as bringing the franchise into disrepute; others may perceive a tremendous, wasted opportunity.

The first question here is, "Why do people hate the Transformers films directed by Michael Bay?" I believe the answer to be relatively straightforward: Michael Bay is a director with a history of substituting spectacle for such time-honored cinematic trappings as creative characterization and narrative coherence. People unable or unwilling to lower their standards in such areas will find little appeal in Michael Bay's cinematic output.

The second question is equally straightforward: "Why do Transformers fans hate the Transformers films directed by Michael Bay?" It has been my experience that this is true only of a portion of the fandom. Where applicable however, the answers are equally simple - some fans might perceive Mr. Bay's work as bringing the franchise into disrepute; others may perceive a tremendous, wasted opportunity.

lots o' big words here

I have a cousin that got a job with Pixar. He does some little background stuff for them, but all the same he's living his dream.

Thats pretty sweet. Pixar makes incredible movies. To be involved in any way would be cool. Did he work on Wall-E? I think that has to be one of the best movies ever made.

Wall-E Breaker? Really?! I would have picked The Incredibles over Wall-E any day of the week! Either way, they are both good, just like The Incredibles more.

Hay now. Wall-E was pretty darn good. Best Pixar film since "Cars," and besides, the next Pixar movie coming next summer is Cars 2. There's a short preview on the Toy Story 3 DVD.

Archived