Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Unknown Transformers Action Figure Molds - Deluxe Drift?

Recommended Posts

Am I the only one who could care less about this "Drift" character? If this is a Universe 3.0 figure, I seriously hope this is Jazz just so we could finally have a proper figure of his for Classics/Universe.

Hey, good call! I hadn't even thought about a Classics Jazz due to the red plastic, but yeah he does look very Jazz-like in design.

 

Ps I couldn't care less about Drift either ;)

  • Replies 63
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The image is a design sketch by IDW. It's just for comparison.

I honestly don't know anything about Drift outside of him being a comic character.

 

A Classics Jazz would be severely welcomed, but I'd like him to have a more compact alt. I use to do advertizing for Paul Miller Porsche (local high end dealer chain) and I swear, to look at one you wouldn't begin to think you could fit inside it.

 

-Once they did have a 935 from '79 with blue detailing. It was far from exact, but I was in my glory driving Jazz!!!

 

Concerning Drift being made into a toy. I really don't care about the hype. I do like the idea of comic characters and not just show characters getting some retail love. That was honestly one of my favorite parts of the Titanium line.

 

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a Universe run dedicated just to the comic designs. It would be a nice break from the norm, ad some variety, and extend (at least my) intrest that much further in the line.

 

I love the work they're doing, and hope they rehash all of the G1 guys eventualy, but I'd prefer comic carcaters to say Beast Wars/AEC figures as really the origionals where better then the updates.

I honestly don't know anything about Drift outside of him being a comic character.

 

A Classics Jazz would be severely welcomed, but I'd like him to have a more compact alt. I use to do advertizing for Paul Miller Porsche (local high end dealer chain) and I swear, to look at one you wouldn't begin to think you could fit inside it.

 

-Once they did have a 935 from '79 with blue detailing. It was far from exact, but I was in my glory driving Jazz!!!

 

Concerning Drift being made into a toy. I really don't care about the hype. I do like the idea of comic characters and not just show characters getting some retail love. That was honestly one of my favorite parts of the Titanium line.

 

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a Universe run dedicated just to the comic designs. It would be a nice break from the norm, ad some variety, and extend (at least my) intrest that much further in the line.

 

I love the work they're doing, and hope they rehash all of the G1 guys eventualy, but I'd prefer comic carcaters to say Beast Wars/AEC figures as really the origionals where better then the updates.

Yeah the old Porsche's are very small but they had a lot of balls.

 

As far as comic characters, I am holding out hope for Scrounge:

Scroungealtmode.jpg

I was thinking of him when I got the TF2 DVD. Give Bay enough time, he fit's in with his style.

I was thinking of him when I got the TF2 DVD. Give Bay enough time, he fit's in with his style.

Didn't Jetfire say "My father transformed into a Wheel" or something like that?...........Is Scrounge Jetfires papa?!hey Bay, are you reading this?

Am I the only one who could care less about this "Drift" character? If this is a Universe 3.0 figure, I seriously hope this is Jazz just so we could finally have a proper figure of his for Classics/Universe.

 

I can't really see Hasbro using a new mold for an obscure character like Drift. (Considering how poorly comics sell these days, I think I'm justified in calling Drift obscure.) Universe 2.0 didn't have any new molds that weren't prominent characters, so if this is a new Universe toy, I'd say it has to be someone fairly recognizable.

 

Drift, I might buy. Jazz, I'll definitely buy.

Looks like the "image" shown to us for the next Alternity figure, does it not? And you can't tell the quality of ANYTHING by looking at an early prototype! Everything starts off this way...

 

You stealing my thunder? :argh This is as i said 9 mins before you :epic SEE here

DECEPTIKHAN: Although it could be that shadow pic image from Takaras new Alternity line (if so im dubbing Hot Rod) even know its hard to see where the doors open, most likely would open like a lamborghini (if you look REAL close, you can see some break ups behind the rear side window).

 

I'm with you man. I just think the guy who suggested it being Binaltech took everything at a glance and got confused. With no offense to my good man Deceptikhan, I just wanted to throw in on his last statement.

 

This may well be Drift, but if it is, the acuracy people are gonna go nuts.

 

As for me, my glasses are MIA, so I'm sticking with TACOS!!!

 

It's just more fun that way :P

 

Alright my manz! lol I think its possible his hood & the top of his car could be not "popped" into place well, and be a smoother look when Takara shows us how he is transformed. Just a thought. :shrug

 

Am I the only one who could care less about this "Drift" character? If this is a Universe 3.0 figure, I seriously hope this is Jazz just so we could finally have a proper figure of his for Classics/Universe.

 

I think "Drift" is for Transfomrers & samarai fans alike. Although i haven't read too many of the comics with him in it (i think i have the one where he appeared at the end with Kup & Roadbuster) but i have to admit he looks to be a pretty cool character with all those swords and tenju's.

 

I was thinking of him when I got the TF2 DVD. Give Bay enough time, he fit's in with his style.

Didn't Jetfire say "My father transformed into a Wheel" or something like that?...........Is Scrounge Jetfires papa?!hey Bay, are you reading this?

 

:rofl

Someone had to make that joke.

 

PS, whoever this guy is, I've decided I will be calling him TACOS :P

Am I the only one who could care less about this "Drift" character? If this is a Universe 3.0 figure, I seriously hope this is Jazz just so we could finally have a proper figure of his for Classics/Universe.

 

I can't really see Hasbro using a new mold for an obscure character like Drift. (Considering how poorly comics sell these days, I think I'm justified in calling Drift obscure.) Universe 2.0 didn't have any new molds that weren't prominent characters, so if this is a new Universe toy, I'd say it has to be someone fairly recognizable.

 

Drift, I might buy. Jazz, I'll definitely buy.

 

Not saying it IS Drift, but Hasbro did say they were going to release Drift at some point and they had a prototype in the works for him as part of thier IDW line. Well not line but a nod to IDW, plus i think Hasbro likes the character. To me, it doesnt look like Jazz, but i could be wrong.

 

 

I HAVE A FEELING THAT IDW AND HASBRO ARE MAKING A ONE SHOT NEW ON GOING TRANSFORMERS LINE, MIXED IN BETWEEN MOVIE REALISM, AND GENERATION ONE. IF YOU LOOK AT THE PICS IN IDW COMICS, THEY USUALLY USE TOYS TO DRAW THEM. LIKE IN THE "SUPPOSED BIG BATTLE" BETWEEN PRIME & MEGS IN DEVASTATION WITH THE SUPER ENERGON ORE, IT SHOWS PROWL "EXACTLY" HOW HE TURNED OUT IN UNIVERSE LINE. SAME WITH JETFIRE IN THE STORMBRINGER. I KEEP SEEING OPTIMUS PRIME DRAWN THE EXACT SAME WAY WITH GAS TANKS AS THIGHS, AND HOOKED AROUND LOWER LOWER PARTS OF HIS ARMS WHERE HIS SERVOS CONNECT. I THINK THATS THE NEW OPTIMUS FOR THE NEXT LINE. IM ALMOST POSITIVE "MARK MY WORDS IF IM RIGHT" ... ALSO HASBRO SAID SOMETHING ABOUT A NEW LEADER MOLD FOR UNIVERSE NEXT YEAR (being then @ 2009, next year being 2010) & THEY JUST HAVENT REVEALED IT YET.

 

Im sick of "Universe" too, I think the name "Transformers" would be the best. Re doing all the old bots in the lore, and some new ones in a darker more character driven approach, but OF COURSE still for kids. But kids love this shit anyways.

 

Thats my story and im sticking to it. Oh i lost my connection for all the upcomming news, & S250 was always quicker anyways, so i have no proof. Just part psychic is all. ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.