Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Unknown Transformers Action Figure Molds - Deluxe Drift?

Recommended Posts

I was thinking about it and last proto of an alternity fig you could see the die cast as a dif color, or maybe it was even the die cast itself, so the new (maybe) "Drift/jazz/hot rod fig looks to be ALL plastic.

 

Im betting all new line coming out for the new show. :D

  • Replies 63
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's definitely NOT an Alternity figure. A) Alternity is based on REAL production cars. Neither of these resemble any real production car. B) That silhouette that was on the Alternity site was clearly Universe Sunstreaker and was just a place holder for the Suzuki mold that will be Alternity Bumblebee and Cliffjumper.

Before everyone started pointing out the similarities to Marty Stu.. er, Drift, my first thought was Jazz as well. Given he's been revitalized as a character recently in the movie and in Animated, a Classics version would seem to make sense. While I really can't make out much detail from the wall of red of the proto.. from what I CAN see it doesn't really look like it's got enough places where it looks like it breaks up to indicate it being anything more complicated than a mainline figure, though. And Alternitys have metal in them, don't they? I don't see any telltale unpainted zinc here.. so I'm guessing either Universe 3.0 or Something akin to Blugeon, pre-planed universe stuffed into the RotF line as filler.

I don't know about the red guy, kinda reminds me of a stylized version of Drift, but the gray one rather reminds me of the front view of the vehicle mode for Transformers Transtech Optimus Prime in a way. Check this out: 2h55j6h.jpg

It's not dead on but the little pipe looking things remind me of the stacks on that pictures vehicle mode. It's a stretch I know and i doubt it's true but it was just an observation. We'll know more of course when we can see it at different angles.

I don't know about the red guy, kinda reminds me of a stylized version of Drift, but the gray one rather reminds me of the front view of the vehicle mode for Transformers Transtech Optimus Prime in a way. Check this out: 2h55j6h.jpg

It's not dead on but the little pipe looking things remind me of the stacks on that pictures vehicle mode. It's a stretch I know and i doubt it's true but it was just an observation. We'll know more of course when we can see it at different angles.

You know, I was going to post a joke about this being Transtech. But now that I compare the image we received with the image you provided, I'm thinking you've got something here. The designs are very similar in aesthetics as well as contour and shape. We might have to keep an eye on this theory...

I don't know about the red guy, kinda reminds me of a stylized version of Drift, but the gray one rather reminds me of the front view of the vehicle mode for Transformers Transtech Optimus Prime in a way. Check this out: 2h55j6h.jpg

It's not dead on but the little pipe looking things remind me of the stacks on that pictures vehicle mode. It's a stretch I know and i doubt it's true but it was just an observation. We'll know more of course when we can see it at different angles.

You know, I was going to post a joke about this being Transtech. But now that I compare the image we received with the image you provided, I'm thinking you've got something here. The designs are very similar in aesthetics as well as contour and shape. We might have to keep an eye on this theory...

 

 

Thanks, I thought it was funny. It's strictly based on the head on shot of that gray one, I mean, that could be the back for all we know, but if it was the front, I just couldn't figure out how that would work unless it was similar to this. We know they made some Transtech prototypes, and it would be very funny if they dug those up as a sub line of figures. Or hey, what if they decided that the Transtech designs would be great as movie styled Cybertron modes for the movie line? Just a thought. I would be VERY surprised if i was right though. XD Thing could be a bloody dragster from another angle XD

I don't know much about Transtech, I've only seen some of the art. I know the concept though.

 

Mow sorry, but a WW Prime with a monkey face that turns into a real messed up mix of Vector Prime, Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal is something I realy don't mind that they skipped on.

 

Now I know War Within and Vector Prime came out some time later so save the specifics. I also know I loved the Beast Era. I also know I wouldn't be easily sold on that design though if I saw it on a shelf.

Damn! If they gave us Transtech, that would kick all kinds of ass. And Liege my homie, dont knock it til you try it. They would most likely give it some redesigning for the publics liking. Like keeping Prime more to his roots.

 

And YES i agree (and good eye Police Box Traveler or PBT) that it DOES indeed look like the front of Transtech Prime's cybertronian vehicular mode. Awesome! And with the TCC comic of Transtech and the fans asking Hasbro to bring it, plus the movie is transtech like, i could see this happening as the next line. Maybe we'll get lucky & get TWO toons/lines!!!! (yea right :roll wishes*)

 

Still think you can pop that hood on the red proto in more to make a more flat look. Maybe even the roof too.

I'm willing to bet this is IDW Hot Rod, or @ Hasbro dubs him, "Rodimus". It looks JUST like the universe Legends Rodimus. See? Look. = Legends Rodimus comparison

I'm willing to bet this is IDW Hot Rod, or @ Hasbro dubs him, "Rodimus". It looks JUST like the universe Legends Rodimus. See? Look. = Legends Rodimus comparison

If this figure is the first sighting of whats to come from the new Universe 3.0 line, I doubt its Hot Rod/Rodimus being that we already have a Rodimus figure from Classics already. If not Jazz, can we pray for..........Wheeljack?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.