The "Name Arcee's Purple Sister" Thread!

Th 4RL deal

Okay so I know the name getting bandied about on the internet the most is "Moonracer", but I also know that it has been said that that name is copy-righted by another company now. (Silly Hasbro, you should learn to hold on to your property names a little better!) So I was thinking, what other name could we possibly use? So this is the thread for brainstorming just that! Hooray!

Here's a List of Female Transformers on Transformers wikia if you need name ideas.

And here's her picture:

transformers-20090616-arcee-concept.jpg

I personally was looking at her and got to thinking that if the "Arcee Squad" has a "Tank" character, it's got to be her. Not only is she pretty stocky, but she looks like she'd have a pretty serious left hook, so whatever she gets named could perhaps be in the spirit of that.

So one idea I had (that is admittedly not very good) was "Strika."

Why it fits: Strika is the most definitively "Tank" female preexisting in the TFormers universe. And she's the right color.

Why it sucks: Well, as we all know Strika was a "baddie" so maybe that would be improper to flip flop her name's allegiance. Also, Strika fans may become cross. Assuming she has any. (Just kidding, just kidding :D)

But hey, my suggestion shouldn't be the ONLY one, let's get some more!

Discuss, Discuss! :yay

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go with Roulette or Minerva.

Okay so I know the name getting bandied about on the internet the most is "Moonracer", but I also know that it has been said that that name is copy-righted by another company now. (Silly Hasbro, you should learn to hold on to your property names a little better!) So I was thinking, what other name could we possibly use? So this is the thread for brainstorming just that! Hooray!

Here's a List of Female Transformers on Transformers wikia if you need name ideas.

And here's her picture:

I personally was looking at her and got to thinking that if the "Arcee Squad" has a "Tank" character, it's got to be her. Not only is she pretty stocky, but she looks like she'd have a pretty serious left hook, so whatever she gets named could perhaps be in the spirit of that.

Why it fits: Strika is the most definitively "Tank" female preexisting in the TFormers universe. And she's the right color.

Why it sucks: Well, as we all know Strika was a "baddie" so maybe that would be improper to flip flop her name's allegiance. Also, Strika fans may become cross. Assuming she has any. (Just kidding, just kidding :D)

Well, In Hasbro's Defense, Rankin Bass had the name Moonracer for a lot longer than Hasbro. The original TV movie: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer debuted in 1964, over twenty years before the Transformers episode The Search for Alpha Trion aired. King Moonracer (voiced by Stan Francis) was a part of that show, and thus a part of Rankin Bass for over twenty years before Hasbro decided to use the name for one of its characters. Thus, I'd say Rankin Bass had first dibs.

Are we talking about the 3 from RotF? I thought they were all 3 already named.

Arcee

Chromia

Elita-one

No. The third bike sister hasn't been named yet, and the name "Elita-1" wouldn't fit anyway for a number of reason, not the least of which being that the name "Elita-1" alone denotes a leadership position and equality with Optimus Prime. The name Elita-1 isa synonymous with Optimus Prime. Both are derived from Latin. Both translate into Best First, Best One, Chosen One. Elita, from the word "Elite", derived from the Latin "Electus" means "the choice or best of anything collectively, as of a group or class of persons.A group of persons holding the major share of authority or influence within a larger organization. Representing the most choice or select; best." That is what Elite means, and from which the name Elita-1 comes from. It denotes authority, excellence, high rank, status. It is not the name of a grunt. Arcee is the leader of the trio. If the third sister were named Elita-1, that would place her in command, not Arcee. That alone disqualifies the name Elita-1. Besides, Elita-1 deserves a larger, more impressive alternate mode than a motorcycle to put her more on par with Optimus. The bike sisters are only seven feet tall in robot mode, Optimus is twenty-eight feet tall, Elita-1 should be at least twenty-five feet tall, as befits her status.

And here's her picture:

Well, In Hasbro's Defense, Rankin Bass had the name Moonracer for a lot longer than Hasbro. The original TV movie: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer debuted in 1964, over twenty years before the Transformers episode The Search for Alpha Trion aired. King Moonracer (voiced by Stan Francis) was a part of that show, and thus a part of Rankin Bass for over twenty years before Hasbro decided to use the name for one of its characters. Thus, I'd say Rankin Bass had first dibs.

Are we talking about the 3 from RotF? I thought they were all 3 already named.

Arcee

Chromia

Elita-one

No. The third bike sister hasn't been named yet, and the name "Elita-1" wouldn't fit anyway for a number of reason, not the least of which being that the name "Elita-1" alone denotes a leadership position and equality with Optimus Prime. The name Elita-1 isa synonymous with Optimus Prime. Both are derived from Latin. Both translate into Best First, Best One, Chosen One. Elita, from the word "Elite", derived from the Latin "Electus" means "the choice or best of anything collectively, as of a group or class of persons.A group of persons holding the major share of authority or influence within a larger organization. Representing the most choice or select; best." That is what Elite means, and from which the name Elita-1 comes from. It denotes authority, excellence, high rank, status. It is not the name of a grunt. Arcee is the leader of the trio. If the third sister were named Elita-1, that would place her in command, not Arcee. That alone disqualifies the name Elita-1. Besides, Elita-1 deserves a larger, more impressive alternate mode than a motorcycle to put her more on par with Optimus. The bike sisters are only seven feet tall in robot mode, Optimus is twenty-eight feet tall, Elita-1 should be at least twenty-five feet tall, as befits her status.

Tramp, I see the logic in what your saying. I do.

We're talking about a character though in a movie that basicly started with 2 dogs humping. Now I'm not gonna say Elita-1 is the name they'd go with. I am suggesting that maybe the keynotes surrounding the name may have been lost on the creative staff.

Just saying...

Tramp, I see the logic in what your saying. I do.

We're talking about a character though in a movie that basicly started with 2 dogs humping. Now I'm not gonna say Elita-1 is the name they'd go with. I am suggesting that maybe the keynotes surrounding the name may have been lost on the creative staff.

Just saying...

I know what you mean, however, the movie itself didn't name the sisters, except for Arcee. Hasbro did. That's a very important distinction that needs to be made. Thus, I am quite certain, that the key notes of the name are not lost on the creative team. The problem, as I mentioned before, is that the name itself has a very big significance in meaning, not simply because it was the name of the original G1 character, but because of what the words that make up the name actually translate into. The name itself denotes a high ranking leadership position.

I say Elita-1.

Like Arcee, she's already got a Scout-class figure so she's already an established character in the movie continuity.

As for the name sounding too high-ranking... that's kinda silly. She can be plenty high-ranking in the toy fiction, and let's not forget, the last two Elita-1s weren't exactly leaders... the last one of them was just a trainee.

I say Elita-1.

Like Arcee, she's already got a Scout-class figure so she's already an established character in the movie continuity.

As for the name sounding too high-ranking... that's kinda silly. She can be plenty high-ranking in the toy fiction, and let's not forget, the last two Elita-1s weren't exactly leaders... the last one of them was just a trainee.

You're referring to Animated, however, that "Elita-1" was a cadet in the Elite Guard, which itself is the highest echelons of military service. She was also still equal to Optimus. And, the movie-verse one you're referring to, was indeed a leader and mentor, particulalry to Arcee. Once again, this wouldn't work for a subordinate of Arcee's. Also, it's not a matter of "sounding" high-ranking. Its very meaning makes it high ranking. It means "Best One", "Chosen One", "Highest One". It signifies the best of the best. The first of the best., just as Optimus Prime's name does. Optimus Prime is Latin for "Best First". That is a literal translation. Elita-1 literally means Best One, Chosen One, Best First. It is synonymous with the name Optimus Prime.

Archived