Rumor: Season 3 Will Spell the End of Animated

Mom

...Power Rangers...are never gonna go away, just constantly change.

That may or may not be true. According to sources, Disney is going to halt airing Power Rangers on Disney XD/Jetix, whatever it's called, and only air it on ABC Kids on Saturday mornings. And it's frequently pre-empted for sporting events, and not all the ABC channels in the country air them. We get it here where I live, but where my grandparents live, they don't show it. That kind of thing usually can lean towards a cancellation/killing off. However, in Japan, Super Sentai is already on the show that would air after the upcoming Power Rangers RPM if Disney decides to continue.

Not that any of the shows are any good, but Rangers have been channel hopping near me forever. As long as Sentai are around, so will Rangers.

Now take the other examples I gave Star Wars and GIJoe, for years they have had toys with no show or movie backing them.

It's to the point that the name not the program is the selling point, although a show does help they are after all a giant commercial. Names that have stood the test of time though(and 25yrs, yeah, I'd have to say TFs have their own legs now) wont go away.

As for a new show, I believe whoever Hasbro is partnered with will go for the cheapest option(import from Japan again, or do another with shitty art) as again, the name is going to sell reguardless.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G1 had a total of 98 episodes. We're up to 30 I believe if you include the pilot miniseries.

Animated has a LONG way to go...

...Power Rangers...are never gonna go away, just constantly change.

That may or may not be true. According to sources, Disney is going to halt airing Power Rangers on Disney XD/Jetix, whatever it's called, and only air it on ABC Kids on Saturday mornings. And it's frequently pre-empted for sporting events, and not all the ABC channels in the country air them. We get it here where I live, but where my grandparents live, they don't show it. That kind of thing usually can lean towards a cancellation/killing off. However, in Japan, Super Sentai is already on the show that would air after the upcoming Power Rangers RPM if Disney decides to continue.

Not that any of the shows are any good, but Rangers have been channel hopping near me forever. As long as Sentai are around, so will Rangers.

Now take the other examples I gave Star Wars and GIJoe, for years they have had toys with no show or movie backing them.

It's to the point that the name not the program is the selling point, although a show does help they are after all a giant commercial. Names that have stood the test of time though(and 25yrs, yeah, I'd have to say TFs have their own legs now) wont go away.

As for a new show, I believe whoever Hasbro is partnered with will go for the cheapest option(import from Japan again, or do another with shitty art) as again, the name is going to sell reguardless.

You have a very good point there. I didn't stop to think about that.

:fail tastics and fills me with the :fury of teh interweb Gods.

i don't know too much about the G1 seasons any way, like how many seasons did they have exactlly

They had 3 full seasons and one three-episode story that counted as a fourth season.

thanks, that really messes with me when i even try to think about how many seasons or episodes they had for G1

i thought they would have four seasons like G1 did, so that could be a good G1 tribute :hammer

G1 Season 4 was a 3 part/episode story..., and then it was done. Hardly qualifies as a season....

Also, G1 seasons were like 50 episodes long, so you can't really compare the two. Even if TFA ran for 4 seasons there would still be about half as many episodes as G1.

dame 50 episodes long for one season

That's all true, but in today's short attention span/race to get the next flashy thing out their world, the business simply moves that much faster. Seasons are shortened as a result, and three seasons seems to be the shelf-life of any kids programming.

Combine that with TF2 coming out and the possibility that they may want to work in some kind of direct animated tie-in for the Movie-verse, and Animated wasn't going to be long for this world.

You could probably argue that Animated wasn't long for this world when the Movie became the huge smash it is. It vindicated the Movie direction, while removing any need for Animated, which was a safeguard in case the Movie franchise faltered.

That's all true, but in today's short attention span/race to get the next flashy thing out their world, the business simply moves that much faster. Seasons are shortened as a result, and three seasons seems to be the shelf-life of any kids programming.

Combine that with TF2 coming out and the possibility that they may want to work in some kind of direct animated tie-in for the Movie-verse, and Animated wasn't going to be long for this world.

You could probably argue that Animated wasn't long for this world when the Movie became the huge smash it is. It vindicated the Movie direction, while removing any need for Animated, which was a safeguard in case the Movie franchise faltered.

I just can't help but agree.

Why do a show if the movie is filling the void. Why develope 3 toylines for one franchise when they can do like R/A/E/C and snake the work from Japan?

I have a feeling that Hasbro is gonna focus on Movie and Universe(as a filler), and go back to heavy importing from Takara.

It is lazy, but it is also good busness, so I understand. I don't like it, but I understand.

So long as they don't import the (shitty) anime series from there anymore. Hopefully, Animated's success as a show will hinder that thought

I believe they'll take whatever Japan makes. And Japan has an ever shrinking awesome style of animation, or an ever growning style of quick hoaky crap.

I'm fairly confidant in guessing at what TFs would get again.

The plus side though, the AEC toys, even the poor ones where increadably detailed!

Archived