Rumor: Season 3 Will Spell the End of Animated

Mom

We all knew this was coming. No TF show lasts more than 3 seasons. The only question is what will the next gimmick be? And make no mistake Animated was a gimmick, just like Beast Wars was.

I'd like to see a Cybertron only show telling a War Within style story.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a fun show, but there's nothing concrete about it. They aren't trying to do anything new, just picking fun at whats been done. Hopefuly the next sereis will have some type of edge to it.

Of course the could also end it foe an aftermath series like Beast Machines and cut all ties with those suck ass human characters.

If this is true, my hopes of alot of recent sketches becoming toys is severly deminished.

Now I sit and wait for the inevitable "Is This The End Of Transformers?" blog that someone writes every year. At this point though it's safe to assume that Transformers, GIJoe, Star Wars, Power Rangers, Pokeman, are never gonna go away, just constantly change.

Were it true, it would surprise me none. I'm sure Season 3 will play out and the final curtain will be pulled prior to the RotF's release.

They want NOTHING stealing the movie's thunder. Don't be surprised if Universe is suspended prior to the movie, as well.

I'll be surprised if Season 3 even airs before the movie does. Hasbro just hasn't handled Animated very well, blowing their load by showing Season 1 and 2 simultaneously, postponing the toys until after Season 2 was already concluded, and here we are, a year after Season 1 premiered, with no clear sign of Season 3 in sight.

I'm thinking that the Animated/Universe lines will both be postponed/canceled while Movie toys are on the shelf.

Don't be surprised if Universe is suspended prior to the movie, as well.

Hasbro has already stated that's going to happen and that the line will probably return after the movie.

I do hope this rumor isn't true. I'm enjoying Animated. I was hoping it would go at least 3 more seasons. Oh well if it does though.

I'm thinking that the Animated/Universe lines will both be postponed/canceled while Movie toys are on the shelf.

I almost HOPE so... then I can give some money to FansProject instead of Hasbro, seeing as how I doubt I'll be purchasing a single movie figure.

I hope animated doesn't end for a long time. It's a great show and I love the toys.

Looking back now, a year ago, I was ready to hate Animated.

P.S. I don't want the movie to come around. Animated and Universe are so much better. The movie line last time had a few gems (screamer and Prime), but otherwise it was a load of crap.

But then again, Bay didn't involve Hasbro on the character designs last time, so I hope Hasbro's negotiated for a much more involved stake in the designs, like they did with Animated.

Archived