On Acidstorm ... ~_~

RUMBLEBEE

I would just like to say I have the BC07 set as well as all the Classics, so this thread is useless to me :run

BURN THE WITCH! :tfgrr

(Just kidding, Blitz-wing :P)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agent Zero: I used to think that way until mine eyes beheld Henkei Astrotrain. :) G1 colours FTW! :D

I wouldn't mind it in the slightest if Hasbro's Poweglide was G1 coloured, however.

With Astrortrain though, anything other then a white/black space shuttle looks "off" to me. I can accept cars, trucks, planes, tanks, etc.... in wacky colour schemes, but for some reason I can't really get behind the idea of a space shuttle that's not white and black.

Besides, Hasbro's Classics Astrotrain is G1 coloured. G1 toy accurate :D

While the Classics line WAS originally intended as a "filler" line, Hasbro never said they wouldn't continue it at some point. I think it's status always depended on how well the line did as well as how well the movie line did.

Seeing both did incredibly well, the decision to bring it back was a no-brainer.

I know at one point someone from Hasbro DID say that one of the main reasons why we didn't get all the seekers was because it was too many repaints of one mold. Now you can argue as to how legit of an excuse this was, but it was one of the main reasons they gave for not making them.

Of course it didn't stop them from making, what is it now? 7 different '08 BB repaints.

Classic!

Hasbro screwed the pooch on this one, it's just that simple and at this point there's no way to fix it.

Their actions didn't have an optimal outcome, but really, you can't blame them for doing what they did at the time. They figured it's either "Release them as Botcon exclusives" or "don't release tthem at all."

The success of the movie figs essentially reviving Transformers was not anticipated. They weren't planning on bringing Classics back.

Personally, I still think selling all six seekers in stores would've been possible. Not as six loose figures, but as three 2-packs. The first 2-pack the Starscream mold (Starcream & Thundercracker), the second 2-pack the Ramjet mold (Ramjet & Dirge) and for the final 2-pack the Thrust wings once on a Ramjet mold (Thrust) and once on a Starscream mold (Skywarp -- Armada Skywarp also had VTOL's). Botcon could then have release a regular Skywarp for the die-hards and a Sunstorm. That way the selling price would be less and there'd be more variation.

Ah, well...water under the bridge.

I'm glad we're getting Acid Storm. I think it's a cool looking figure and I like this deco a whole lot more then Thundercracker's. If the situation was reversed and Acid Storm was the botcon figure and TC the regular, then I'd probably still get Acid Storm over TC.

But maybe this is Hasbro's way of correcting themselves. Acid Storm in a MW like THundercracker deco, maybe Dirge in the BWII colors and some other way for Thrust (for instance a Ramjet body with Starscream wings). But I'm probably just succumbing to wishful thinking ;P

Allz I'm sayin is keep 'em commin'! TC would be that icing to me, I'm just glad that the mold is being made again and hopefully we'll see Thunder soon enough.

BTW did you all see what they're bring out for Classics Dirge? Would have been better as the Seeker storm patrol if you ask me. Anyone have picts? ^_^

Archived