Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Toy Fair 2008: Galvatron Coming To Classics Line

Recommended Posts

He looks good but he does seem a little "Titanium" to me. I think he will have to be pretty special to beat Energon Galvatron...

  • Replies 102
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have Ultimate Battle Megatron and aside from being a tank he looks nothing like this.

They are verry similar, they are based on the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams same as Movie Brawl and Armada Megatron...

It looks very cool i don't really mind the size. when is it coming out?

Is it just me or does this look like a re-mold of the Megatron that came in the double-pack with the dvd for the classics line?

 

 

Does anyone know when this is hitting shelves?

 

DMegatronAFP.jpg

Megatron

 

Universe%20Deluxe%20Galvatron%20(1).jpg

Galvatron

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not even close.

I'd like for one of these to sit on my shelf and make empty threats at Unicron, pronto. As far as him being a deluxe goes, that just means I have to spend $10 less dollars. I don't think I've seen anything I don't like out of this year's toy fair besides re-paints, and that's a lot of tf love to spread around.

This guy will fit in great with the Unicron tank. I really like this mold alot and am happy that they took Galvatron down a slightly different route while still maintaining a nostalgic look.

im kind of not impressed by Galvatron here.. the classics line up, up until now, has been just a redux of the G1 characters. Not completely new takes on them... its a shame really, A Galvy in his G1 form at a deluxe form would really rock.

I like Galvatron, but I agree, there doesn't seem to be any reason for him to not be in his G1 form. While the original toy had an awkward gun mode, the cannon was the primary alt-mode. As the other classics toys are very similar to their G1 counterparts, I can't see the reasoning in making Galvatron into a tank.

I imagine the change in alt. mode was the same reason they changed paintjobs on Powerglide - the attempt to give the Classics more realistic alt. modes.

 

Classics Galvy's not a perfect tank, but you could imagine him having scanned a military prototype of some kind with his new look. Besides, look at it this way: in G1 he was a cannon with tank treads. Now, they've essentially given him the ability to rotate the cannon and wider treads for better stability, but otherwise left the alt. mode unchanged.

Y'know when I first heard the news, I was disappointed. When I first saw the pics, I confirmed my disappointment. After thinking a while, I decided he makes a great "galvatronic upgrade" for the green two-pack Megatron...now I'm not so sad. Maybe in time, they'll make a big, cannon based Galvatron to match the gun-mode Classics Megatron. Until then, hey...Energon Galvatron is still the hot $#!+ to me! Maybe they'll surprsie us with another two-pack featuring Rodimus Prime!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.