People who have sold all or most of their TFs

Bizzmoff

I have been collecting for 19 years. But in the past three or four years my wife has been feeding my addiction, until last week when she said she wanted to leave me. Now I cant even look at my collection so it is either sold or time for me to throw them in the dumpster. She wants me to move on and I cant do that with memories everywhere I look. :tfsad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been collecting for 19 years. But in the past three or four years my wife has been feeding my addiction, until last week when she said she wanted to leave me. Now I cant even look at my collection so it is either sold or time for me to throw them in the dumpster. She wants me to move on and I cant do that with memories everywhere I look. :tfsad

I say sell them. Even if you sell them dirt cheap you will still put some money in your pocket. I guess a dumpster would be easier :tflaugh .

I bought almost all the TF's that came out from '84 thru headmasters, then in the early '90s I took almost all of them, and I'm talking barely played with beauties in their original boxes including ALL the gestalt giftsets, to a toy show to sell them for money to put a great stereo system in my Trans Am. I kept Abominus and a couple other small ones. But MIB Shockwave, Optimus, Jetfire, Omega, Sky Lynx, Menasor, et al, all gone for subs and amps in a car I haven't had for almost 16 years. You may proceed with the calling me a dumbass. About 6 years ago, or whenever I first saw an Armada Starscream in a store, I got the bug again. About that same time I discovered Ebay, and decided a Devastator would be the perfect accent to my entertainment center downstairs. From there it just exploded. I decided to collect one of every gestalt. Oh, and I went digging around and found my Abominus in my dad's basement, looking as good as the day I stickered him. I now have at least TWO of every G1 TF ever released in the US, with the exception of Fort Max. Oh, and Time Warrior I don't have at all, but I WILL! Now sometimes I've sold ones I didn't want too, just because I needed money, but when I was able I replaced them.

Lately though, pricing is getting out of hand, I imagine due to the movie. So I'm more inclined to sell than to buy now. But thank god I started back when I did, because the way things are getting, I'd never be able to afford what I've got now. But I am hooked, and as vices go, this ones not too bad for me! And I mostly go hunting for elusive accessories now instead of bots. I do think I'll need a bigger house one day though...

I have no space to display my collection like I used to, despite having a house. Figure that one out. I have scaled back my collcecting alot this year due to financal dificulties. But I still collect. My wife is very cool about it. She says it could be worse, I could be an addict or abusive. As spousal quirks go, addiction to plastic crack isn't so bad. She gets upset at me when I suggest I sell my collection. I still contemplate it though. I used to always unpack my TFs. If you havn't transformed it you don't own it. Thats allway been my phiosiphy. But my space concerns have been keeping more and more TFs MISP cuz its better for storrage. I have some armada all the way to classic on card or in box. Some times I think "Hell, maybe it would just be easier to pick'em back up later". I've never sold a Transformer though.

I had hundreds of TF's in my collection at one point, but they were mostly what I consider "crap" (ie later G1, Pretenders, Micromasters, and A/E/C stuff), and I've been in the process of selling them off for several years now. Right now I'm probably down to about 100-150, though I don't have an exact count. I'm basically trying to distill it down to the figures I really care about or am proud of, since 90% of the collection is in "the box" at any given time.

I probably should get rid of some stuff.

I have a bunch of RID/A/E/C stuff that I don't care a great deal about, they're just taking up space in the attic.

Basically, all I would keep my MP/BT/Alts, Botcon Cyclonus, G1 originals/reissues and sweet BM show-character collection. Oh, and BW Inferno (BURN).

However, I'd likely keep a few from each of the anime-former series, because there are quite a few in there I like.

CR: Fire Convoy/Magnus/Black Convoy; maybe the car brothers and the Build Team

ML: Hot Shot (
I'm
the guy who likes him :redface)

A: Bendy Prime/Starscream/Thundercracker/Skywarp

SL: Hot Shot/Rodimus Convoy/Wheeljack (oh, and the Fire Convoy and Black Rodimus)

E: Arcee/Unicron/Shockblast/Ultra Magnus (especially since I dragged his ass all over Europe after picking him up in London)/Superion/Devastator/Bruticus

GF: Vector Prime/
Excelion
Excilion
uh, Hot Shot/Convoy/Noizemaze/Soundwave

C: Galvatron (although, I consider him "Megatron")/Wheeljack/Blurr

Strangely enough, almost all of those could be considered the "best" update of an original G1 character. If I ever do cull the herd, and will most likely be the "theme" I'll stick to for keeping a figure.

Ive been collecting for 9 years and the only thing I've gotten rid of was MISC BW Grimlock and I let my kid have my Energon Starscream. Besides that, I've kept every thing and only slowed down buying things when I think they suck. I slow up during BM and Energon (cause I was broke mostly) and more recently I've slowed up because there's nothing to buy or I dont want it enough like SWTFs, Titaniums and probably most of the movie stuff.

Ive been collecting for 9 years and the only thing I've gotten rid of was MISC BW Grimlock and I let my kid have my Energon Starscream. Besides that, I've kept every thing and only slowed down buying things when I think they suck. I slow up during BM and Energon (cause I was broke mostly) and more recently I've slowed up because there's nothing to buy or I dont want it enough like SWTFs, Titaniums and probably most of the movie stuff.

True 'dat. I haven't bought much since the BW10th last year, and only things I'm buying right now are Titaniums. Although I'm not a movie "hater" I don't plan on buying any of the movie toys AT ALL, and you can hold me to that. Right now I'm a lot more interested in Revoltech and Chogokin stuff.

Archived