Holiday Observations

Hunter Rose

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
even cold slab of meat from ROCKY has been sold out here

:lol

Alternator Tracks did poorly.

That's what he gets for whoring the short stick on his first run.

I agree with HunterRose. I checked out my local shopping centre yesterday - look at TRU, Target, Myer, Kmart and David Jones and with the sole exception of DJs (whose toy section is pitifully small, lacking in sufficient new stock and is overpriced) there were hardly any Transformers left at all on shelves and pegs!!

So yeah, I'd definitely say that Transformers have sold VERY well this holiday season.

WOMAN THOU ARE LOOSE

LOL! - man, that made me laugh so hard it hurt... ow...

I went to Walmart last night and all they had was Menasaur, dreadwing, Metroplex, Galaxy Force Prime. Amazingly they had CL Mirage, C Smokescreen (I bought), Cl Starscream (I bought), a broke up Titanium Scourge, and Titanium TCracker (I bought) The whole shelf was missing stock. They had new Ben 10, Marvel Spiderman stuff and the new TMNT movie figs.

Lucky you, so to speak. My Walmart and Target had almost nothing. Save for a few basics I don't want/need some unotuched 6" cans, and nothing but Cl Prime for Voyager figures at Walmart. At Target, they had the same thing, but with a BWX Rattrap, one Cl Megs, and some repaints of Cyb figures (picked up Smokescreen to add to my Classics collection), and that was it.

I haven't seen Menasor at all since he was supposed to come out. I want him, but I don't want to have to pay a price for more than it's worth. BBTS is selling Voyager Jetfire for 35 bucks, and anywhere from 10-20 dollars for a dlx fig, unh-uh. I avoid using online places like that unless they can offer a fair price for the product or if they're my only option.

Distribution in my area sucks ball$ somewhat. Not all the time, but a fair majority of it.

Menasor's crap. I bought mine on sale and I still feel royally ripped off. Wait until you find him loose at a flea market or something, believe me... there's no need to be in a hurry to pick this toy up -- most Mini-Cons are better engineered toys than this one. (-_-)

It's funny that you started this thread since I was just at 2 Targets a couple of hours ago and I noticed the same thing. I even pointed out to my girlfriend that all the TFs are gone, but there is plenty of everything else around them.

At the first Target, there was only one TF on the pegs and about 4 on the shelves, and at the second Target, there were maybe three on the pegs and another couple on the shelves (including an Energon Ironhide that has been there for 3 years I think, literally). The only thing that really is left that I have seen are the DVD Primes.

I think that TFs did very well this year, especially compared to other toy lines.

Isn't it funny how

Transformers = Hot Seller

Star Wars = Hot Seller

Transformers + Star Wars = Shelf Warmer.

Hmm. Also, a gigantic monster has been preceding my every step and eating all Classics Grimlocks in my area before I get to them. He always leaves at least 2 Mirages behind so I know he got them, though.

even cold slab of meat from ROCKY has been sold out here

Man. I think I did a triple take the first time I saw that "figure." SO funny.

Archived