Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seriously... RIB/FIR or RIR/FIB?

THE debate 46 members have voted

  1. 1. RIB/FIR or RIR/FIB

    • RIB/FIR
      50%
      23
    • FIB/RIR
      50%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

As far as the show is concerned RiB FiR

 

But with the toys Im cool with RiR FiB

 

I cant wait for Red Alt Rumble.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where's the option for "hey so there was a mix-up somewhere along the way and the toys/comics and the cartoon ended up not matching and that sucks and all but really after 22 years who gives a Powerglide"?

I'd vote for that.

shockwave2005: Does it matter? In the cartoon Frenzy and Rumble both have Rumble's earthquake making ability - in TFTM we see them using them at the same time even! So no matter if you subscribe to RIBFIR or FIRRIB, Frenzy always had Rumble's power in the cartoon. Which is stupid, because Frenzy is supposed to have a completely different special ability which he never really used in the cartoon - but he did use in the comics -- spectacularly so in G2. ;)

 

Also, Rumble was originally supposed to create Earthquakes by sending seismic vibrations into the ground generated from his legs -- not from his piledriver arms - which the toy never had. Also, it's a lot more effective to create earthquake by generating underground vibrations as opposed to just smashing the surface with piledrivers -- piledrivers simply break the ground apart -- seismic vibrations can travel and do far more wide-ranging damage. In some books they would illustrate Rumble actually jumping up and down to hammer vibrations into the ground, which I think was a pretty neat concept. If Rumble ever appears in an upcoming live action movie, it'd be cool if he retained this ability, and each time his feet lands we should hear this seismic shockwave (similar to the seismic explosions from Jango Fett's Slave-1 in Star Wars Episode II) followed by an animated "ripple" tearing outward from Rumble.

You know this is almost a total waste of breath.

Those who like RIB/FIR are gonna keep it as such. Remember to most people, as Pete said, the cartoon was the major influence here. To me personally I don't care in any fiction. I accept each one as it's own thing. The Comics are one continuity, the Tech Specs another, and the Cartoon yet another continuity. But to me personally I associate Frenzy with blood and violence, which I then associate with the color red.

I'm just gonna say that when I was a kid, the show rocked my world.

So did Robotix but you don't see any fan sites for those toys do you?

I'm surprised at how close the poll is, actually.

Which did you expect to be the overwhelming vote?

Where's the option for "hey so there was a mix-up somewhere along the way and the toys/comics and the cartoon ended up not matching and that sucks and all but really after 22 years who gives a Powerglide"?

I'd vote for that.

 

I would've said the same thing but as always Pete beat me to it. :redface

 

Tman though has the right idea.

 

Alt Rumble rules and I can't wait to call him Freny or was it Rumble, not that I really care either way. :tflaugh

I dunno what this poll will settle though??? I've made my mind up & my opinion won't change regardless of what anyone says. The toys came first & they're far more important than the cartoon to me.

Okay, here's some hard cold undeniable FACTS:

 

G1 cartoon = FIRRIB

G1 toys = RIRFIB

G1 books = RIRFIB

G2 = Frenzy is purple. No Rumble.

Alt = Frenzy is red and black.

 

Therefore, taking your G1 toys and misnaming Frenzy as Rumble and Rumble as Frenzy is just plain incorrect - as far as the toys are concerned, it is RIRFIB. And as both myself and Insane Galvatron have pointed out, there are differences between the G1 toys and cartoon not only in colours, but also in continuity as well; e.g.: cartoon Rumble has piledrivers, toy Rumble (as well as every other G1 Rumble) uses his legs.

Okay, here's some hard cold undeniable FACTS:

Alt = Frenzy is red and black.

:schin

 

Just playing! :tftongue

 

I agree with your points 100% but just let people get on with it dude. Does it matter if they're wrong?

 

(They are BTW! :tfevil )

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.