Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seriously... RIB/FIR or RIR/FIB?

THE debate 46 members have voted

  1. 1. RIB/FIR or RIR/FIB

    • RIB/FIR
      50%
      23
    • FIB/RIR
      50%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I seriously can't believe this thread.

 

Are we interested in facts? Or are we just interested in justifying our personal preferences? This question is anything but objective, yet that's how it's being (disingenuously) presented here.

 

All I have to say is:

 

MEH

 

and

 

MEH

  • Replies 72
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facts are facts though.

 

FUMBLE???

Facts are facts though.

Yeah I know, but it's also a fact that they were different colors in the cartoon. And that's what a lot of people went by. It doesn't make them "wrong," just because the show is what they happened to get into.

 

I mean, sure you can say "it was this way in the comics and everything else", but if "the comics and everything else" isn't what a particular Transfan grew up with, then that's the way it is.

 

Even my own preference (RIR/FIB) is just that, a preference. I had Rumble and Ravage, and I liked the red/black color scheme, and I liked Rumble, and yeah I knew he was different in the show. But I also had Jetfire and they called him "Skyfire" in the show and turned him into a big doofus, so you know, I was used to things being different in the show.

 

but meh

Facts are facts though.

Yeah I know, but it's also a fact that they were different colors in the cartoon. And that's what a lot of people went by. It doesn't make them "wrong," just because the show is what they happened to get into.

 

I mean, sure you can say "it was this way in the comics and everything else", but if "the comics and everything else" isn't what a particular Transfan grew up with, then that's the way it is.

 

Even my own preference (RIR/FIB) is just that, a preference. I had Rumble and Ravage, and I liked the red/black color scheme, and I liked Rumble, and yeah I knew he was different in the show. But I also had Jetfire and they called him "Skyfire" in the show and turned him into a big doofus, so you know, I was used to things being different in the show.

 

but meh

I wouldn't blame the fans for the cartoon being wrong, but the cartoon was wrong. First come first served I'm afraid, the toys made RIR/FIB a fact. People can call them Pinky & Perky for all I care, still doesn't change the truth though. Just saying. :)

rumble is red, frenzy is blue because i said so.

Facts are facts though.

Yeah I know, but it's also a fact that they were different colors in the cartoon. And that's what a lot of people went by. It doesn't make them "wrong," just because the show is what they happened to get into.

 

I mean, sure you can say "it was this way in the comics and everything else", but if "the comics and everything else" isn't what a particular Transfan grew up with, then that's the way it is.

 

Even my own preference (RIR/FIB) is just that, a preference. I had Rumble and Ravage, and I liked the red/black color scheme, and I liked Rumble, and yeah I knew he was different in the show. But I also had Jetfire and they called him "Skyfire" in the show and turned him into a big doofus, so you know, I was used to things being different in the show.

 

but meh

I wouldn't blame the fans for the cartoon being wrong, but the cartoon was wrong. First come first served I'm afraid, the toys made RIR/FIB a fact. People can call them Pinky & Perky for all I care, still doesn't change the truth though. Just saying. :)

RIRFIB: you're wrong

RIBFIR: I don't care

 

etc.

 

this is a debate of facts versus nostalgia. I hope you all can see that.

RIRFIB: you're wrong

RIBFIR: I don't care

 

etc.

 

this is a debate of facts versus nostalgia. I hope you all can see that.

:pfx

 

Depends if the poll question is "Which is right?" or "Which do you use?" really. I blame Hot Rod for this mess! :(

 

 

 

(HR's fault I messed up the quote tags too!!! :P )

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.