sunstorm is an abonination to our fandom

shajaki

There are plenty of Star Wars fans who dislike SW expanded universe and only count the movies as canon.

My brother would be shocked by that remark. He has a whole lot of SW books (almost all of them save for some from certain series). He has the entire New Jedi Order series and stuff that's been written afterwards and I think he's now backtracking since he got ahold of the most current book.

Like him, I consider these figures/characters to be canon and they even gave him some character depth in Dreamwave's G1 ongoing. I like Sunstorm. Classics Starscream should get a Sunstorm treatment (as well as a TC treatment and a King variety with detachable crown/cape/shoulder pads).

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok heres why:

i do like sunstorm, but we have a sunstorm instead of our third seeker in a given series enough times already. id rather see a t!t skywarp before sunstorm. and i fully anticipate a classics sunstorm before and if we get a thundercracker.

/end annoying rant.

I have no problem with Sunstorm as a toy, but its his character (at least as dreamwave did him) that bugged me. I get really tired of comic characters who are 'the insane god type' Its like the writers couldn't think of anything better so they just said screw it lets make them fight a dimi-god for no other reason then we can, and of course the good guys will always beat such power. I know Unicron falls in to this same area but his character is a god so i can accept that.

i think the main problem is Hasbro repainting toys into characters from Dreamwave's comics. Dreamwave's characters are by no means as popular as Hasbro makes them out to be.

Yeah, like white version of Prime as Magnus. Because of the comics, now Hasbro is repainting almost every prime white and passing him for Magnus.

i think the main problem is Hasbro repainting toys into characters from Dreamwave's comics. Dreamwave's characters are by no means as popular as Hasbro makes them out to be.

Yeah, like white version of Prime as Magnus. Because of the comics, now Hasbro is repainting almost every prime white and passing him for Magnus.

If I were completely cynical, I would say that Hasbro had DW do that on purpose. Too bad they folded before they could introduce Nemesis Hot Rod.

If I were completely cynical, I would say that Hasbro had DW do that on purpose. Too bad they folded before they could introduce Nemesis Hot Rod.

:tflaugh You and Slaughtermaster should have your own forum.

:tflaugh You and Slaughtermaster should have your own forum.

White Prime bothers me because they've effectively replaced one of the best-known Geewun characters with this thing that looks nothing like him. I'm really glad for the Titanium version of Ultra Magnus, though; for a while I thought he was going to be Lucas Retcon'd out of existence. ("He's always been that way")

Sunstorm is only an abomination when they release him *instead* of a higher-priority seeker, specifically thundercracker or skywarp. I don't really mind him being released before the coneheads, since they require remolding to do properly (yay classics!) but having him supplant TC or SW is simply annoying.

Archived