MP-03 Masterpiece Starscream review .....

Blackstarninja

Yeah, MikePrime found a bunch of pics of Japanese F-15s and they are predominantly that color grey (which of course could explain why Kawamori went w/ that color). I guess the skies in Japan are much gloomier than over here b/c that color would not work w/ our skies.

...so does that mean that we can put the "realism" discussion to bed yet? Especially since it's just a smokescreen for "more G1 accuracy" anyway.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ya know, looking at that pic, it even though the skies are cloudy, it STILL is way too dark of a color, and I don't see how anyone could possibly think that would blend in with anything except a evening mission... :roll

Yeah, MikePrime found a bunch of pics of Japanese F-15s and they are predominantly that color grey (which of course could explain why Kawamori went w/ that color). I guess the skies in Japan are much gloomier than over here b/c that color would not work w/ our skies.

...so does that mean that we can put the "realism" discussion to bed yet? Especially since it's just a smokescreen for "more G1 accuracy" anyway.

Come on now, be honest, it is a bit of both. Sure a lot of us want G1 accuracy, but most people (yourself included) were unaware of this color being real. Most of us are used to the flat gray that the majority of other airforces use, which just conveniently happens to coincide w/ the original G1 SS colors. I still think that it would have been better to use the original SS colors, but at least now we have a rationale behind the choice.

Come on now, be honest, it is a bit of both. Sure a lot of us want G1 accuracy, but most people (yourself included) were unaware of this color being real. Most of us are used to the flat gray that the majority of other airforces use, which just conveniently happens to coincide w/ the original G1 SS colors. I still think that it would have been better to use the original SS colors, but at least now we have a rationale behind the choice.

I'll admit that I know a bit more about military aircraft color schemes now than I did a week ago. :tflaugh But my first thought upon seeing Starscream's color was "well it's not like every fighter jet has the same color scheme". I didn't care that much until I saw the strong chorus of "it's not realistic", at which point I started thinking "well hang on, how do we know that?" I did a little Wiki reading and found out that the first F-15s were painted a bluish color, but were changed to gray to better blend in with gray European skies. So I thought "well maybe in Japan it's different", since this is, after all, a Japanese collectible that we happen to be importing from them. I wasn't able to find any evidence of this until just now, with that picture.

I guess I'm just ready for people to start accepting this figure for what it is.

Just got mine from BBTS.

Its BROKEN. The tail fins fall out because the molding is incomplete.

On top of being rickety, loose and breakable...its broken.

I'm sending mine back. I spent 100 bucks on this thing...I expected MUCH better.

Im sending it back because the stupid thing is broken, if it were just rickety I'd just bend over and take it but this is absurd.

Yes, in time people will learn to accept this figure for what it is... now let's all admit that Takara Powerglideed up, hope for the best next time, and move on with our lives.

El. Oh. El.

For real. I think it's definitely at that point. I'm still excited for mine to come in tomorrow, but I gotta say that after all the talk on the boards that I'm just going to accept it as it is, forget the money it cost and move on, not getting a SW or TC repaint.

We'll see when it get's here, but I'm not holding my breath.

I love mine. No Problems here. Look at the fun I'm having. *Note He's supporting his own weight :eek *

Oow! My Foot!

P4020274.jpg

Archived