MP-03 Masterpiece Starscream review .....

Blackstarninja

Hmm, okay, thanks. Can his arms be posed in an arrogant kind of pose from the old movie? The 'I'm a smarmy back stabbing git who's finally your leader! Bow before me!' pose which suits him perfectly. If I can get him at some point either this year or next year, I'll go for him. But only after reading a few more reviews and seeing a few more pictures and opinions. MP Prime was worth all the reading and pictures I looked though, hope Screamer will be the same.

-`'.:

Do you mean the pose where his arm is fully extended with the cape on his Shoulder? if you mean that, yes he can.

He has

2 points of articulation in his neck

2 in each shoulder *=6

1 in the bicep *=8

2 in the elbow (more than MP prime. His hand can cover his face and head) *=12

2 in the wrist (the usually 360 hand rotation and his hand can bend inward like Alt Mirage and Skids) *=16

1 in thumb, 2 in index and 2 in the other fingers that are molded together *=26

1 in the waist *=27

2 in the hips *=31

1 in each upper thigh *=33

2 in the knees *=37

2 in the toe *=41

1 in the heel *Total 43 Points of articulation

Not to mention his intake thingies on his shoulders lean forward. the wings bend back out of the way. The null rays cannons are shiftable for the best looking placement. And the break and steering flaps open on his calves, back and wings.

Ask and the bored man who is sitting around playing poker and reading the boards b/c he doesn't have to work on Columbus Day shall provide.

These good enough?

Looking at your pics, I would not be shocked to see Screamer in Alternators packaging in 2008. $35.99.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If / when I get MP Starscream, I'm going to treat him like a high-end collectible. Transformers fans often don't get this concept because their toys transform... and so they feel like they always have to be playing with them rather than being content to display them. Which makes it near impossible to actually make the kind of Transformer most adult fans want w/o it becoming a focal point for bitching, because it's not as durable as the kids' toys they're used to playing with. But isn't that what you asked for in the first place? Complexity and durability don't always go hand in hand, and I would think that people would understand that. There's a 12" Darth Vader figure I've had my eyes on for a long time that is amazingly detailed and realistic, and goes for upwards of $150 on eBay. If I get that, I'm not going to use it to play "Death Star Battle" or anything, b/c it would end up broken. That's a no-brainer. And yet we have people bitching here about MP Starscream because they can't treat him the same way they do their other Transformers that are sold for kids ages five and up. If you don't like having to take care of him, then save your money and buy Classics Starscream instead.

Looking at your pics, I would not be shocked to see Screamer in Alternators packaging in 2008. $35.99.

Sure, but only if they can change the plastic and make it a little more durable first, this brittle plastic isn't going to cut it (plus, let's be realistic, this baby would go for at least $50, if they can charge $50 for King SS, then they can easily justify that much for MPSS).

I think your point is fair Pete - However i dont think comlexity and durability are mutually exclusive.

They most definitely are not.

I think your point is fair Pete - However i dont think comlexity and durability are mutually exclusive.

Yeah. This guy could have easily been made out of the sameplastic as Cybertron Jetfire.

I wanted to mention his stickers. They are so cool They have a transparent effect that makes them not to over powering. I put his nosecone sticker on first and saw how it didn't make him look all unrealistic so I then race to put on his wing stickers.

You'll note that I didn't say that. I'm only trying to raise the point that when you're talking about a plastic transforming toy of a certain size, there's only going to be so much you can do in terms of the number of moving parts without sacrificing durability. And I don't think that's an unfair trade-off, since it's the adult fans who are asking for more complex figures, and one would also assume that it's the adult fans who would know how to properly take care of such figures.

BTW that comparison picture with BT Wheeljack makes you realize how huge a 1:24 scale F-15 really would be.

if he is comming state side i can see some cybertron megatron style rubber used in some places since i have a feeling it would take the beating of transforming a whole lot better then the thin plastic on MPSS

any ways ive transformed mine a few times and now hes back in his box for god knows how long

Sure, but only if they can change the plastic and make it a little more durable first, this brittle plastic isn't going to cut it (plus, let's be realistic, this baby would go for at least $50, if they can charge $50 for King SS, then they can easily justify that much for MPSS).

They most definitely are not.

What if he's less detailed paint app wise? Or what if he has no Dr Arkeville or beautiful Artwork/stickers/packaging.

You'll note that I didn't say that. I'm only trying to raise the point that when you're talking about a plastic transforming toy of a certain size, there's only going to be so much you can do in terms of the number of moving parts without sacrificing durability. And I don't think that's an unfair trade-off, since it's the adult fans who are asking for more complex figures, and one would also assume that it's the adult fans who would know how to properly take care of such figures.

BTW that comparison picture with BT Wheeljack makes you realize how huge a 1:24 scale F-15 really would be.

But i think its the responsible adults who are expressing concern.

Also what scale is MP3 anyway? clearly hes not 1:24 cause then Alts would be like Knee high.

No way, they would still charge $50 at least. I honestly don't think it has much to do w/ the paint or the materials too much (yes to some extent), but more w/ the level of engineering, which I gotta admit is very impressive.

But i think its the responsible adults who are expressing concern.

Also what scale is MP3 anyway? clearly hes not 1:24 cause then Alts would be like Knee high.

Ohhhhhh, both of those sound like fun... for a little bit anyway.

Archived