Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Movie Megatron?

Recommended Posts

A brief exchange I just had with my wife about this (I'd shown her the movie Megs pics earlier):

 

me: "Hey, remember that picture of Megatron I just showed you?"

 

her: "Yeah?"

 

me: "Now everyone's complaining about it because he doesn't look like the cartoon."

 

her: "Grow up."

  • Replies 441
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well hes evil and i sorta like the head but.... WTF i mean how the hell can that guy transform. thiers no kibble, i know often thats a good thing but thier should at least be some sort of solid mass in thier but right now hes just a mass of wires and small patches of metal

That's b/c there is no identifiable alt mode. That alien jet thing is a joke. Yes, he is supposed to be an alien robot, but WTF happened to the principle of "Robots In Disguise"??? Man, I cannot believe that all you guys are accepting this (not you personally Blitz, that comment was meant in general). This goes against pretty much everything that Transformers has always been about and is going to cause people to be highly confused when/if they go see it.

Perhaps you should relax a bit before you post... :tfgrin obviously Megatron hasn't been reformatted into an Earth mode like all the others have, and obviously there's going to be a reason for it.

 

And really, Hobbes-timus Prime is totally right.... when you say it doesn't look like Megatron, which Megatron do you mean? G1? G2? BW? BM? RiD? Armada? Energon? Cybertron?

Any of them that turn into something believeable (which would exclude RiD Megs as well as quite a few others.)

 

And yes obviously, for some reason they decided that he hasn't been formatted. But to me, it looks like they are going for the horror movie effect and absolutely forgoing all realism, which is what I think is going keep people from taking this movie seriously. I think it is a big mistake for them to go this far towards the "alien" robots idea. I think most people want to see, and are expecting to see cars, planes and trucks turn into big freaking robots and fight each other, not some big alien turn into another big alien. That is just too far removed from the founding concept of TFs.

once again I must call attention to the fact that we are in fact going to be seeing cars, planes and trucks turn into big freaking robots and fight each other. Megatron is the only exception to the rule *even within the context of the movie* for some reason which we'll all find out when we see the movie.

 

don't worry, it'll be okay :tfgrin

its not that its like a cartoon its that its less like Evil warlord and more like horror monster

 

and i agree about that guyver comment

I think the whole evil alien thing is cool, I never really liked the deceps like the autobots anyway and the autobots look cool and change into cars etc.

 

C'mon look how evil incinerator looks? its awesome they look like they just want to stomp humans into the ground and burn us alive, Bay is trying to make them a real threat rather than the bumbling fools they were in G1 and every incarnation thus far (skybyte anyone)

I think the whole evil alien thing is cool, I never really liked the deceps like the autobots anyway and the autobots look cool and change into cars etc.

 

C'mon look how evil incinerator looks? its awesome they look like they just want to stomp humans into the ground and burn us alive, Bay is trying to make them a real threat rather than the bumbling fools they were in G1 and every incarnation thus far (skybyte anyone)

yeah blackout is cool (incinerator was a placeholder) but i think thier forgeting autobots and decepticons are the same race thier not going to be that different looking (yeah i know in TF cannon a tf's cosmetic looks can be changed). also i dont renember the cons being bumbling tards in the new comics

 

also transformers have thier own style "man in constume" if you will so i dont know why they have to switch to this terminator style

 

 

ofcorse we cant change squat since all the props are made. i just hope the movie is good none the less

A brief exchange I just had with my wife about this (I'd shown her the movie Megs pics earlier):

 

me: "Hey, remember that picture of Megatron I just showed you?"

 

her: "Yeah?"

 

me: "Now everyone's complaining about it because he doesn't look like the cartoon."

 

her: "Grow up."

A brief exchange I just had w/ my girlfriend about this:

 

me: I can't believe what they have done to Megatron.

 

her: What do you mean?

 

me: They totally screwed him up. He is completely unrecognizable.

 

her: What do you mean?

 

(shows her the pics)

 

her: He looks kinda stupid. It doesn't look like a robot, it looks like an alien. OMG, yeah I think that's really stupid. That's not a TF, that doesn't look anything like a TF. I guess that is supposed to be all high-tech looking and new, but that looks gay. (verbatim quote).

 

her: If they are making a TF movie, don't they want to make it so people recognize the TFs?

 

me: I would think so.

A brief exchange I just had with my wife about this (I'd shown her the movie Megs pics earlier):

 

me: "Hey, remember that picture of Megatron I just showed you?"

 

her: "Yeah?"

 

me: "Now everyone's complaining about it because he doesn't look like the cartoon."

 

her: "Grow up."

A brief exchange I just had w/ my girlfriend about this:

 

me: I can't believe what they have done to Megatron.

 

her: What do you mean?

 

me: They totally screwed him up. He is completely unrecognizable.

 

her: What do you mean?

 

(shows her the pics)

 

her: He looks kinda stupid. It doesn't look like a robot, it looks like an alien. OMG, yeah I think that's really stupid. That's not a TF, that doesn't look anything like a TF. I guess that is supposed to be all high-tech looking and new, but that looks gay. (verbatim quote).

 

her: If they are making a TF movie, don't they want to make it so people recognize the TFs?

 

me: I would think so.

I guess we both hooked up with the right people :tflaugh

 

and with that, I'm officially out of this discussion :thumb

He definately looks scary. They got that right.

 

He looks like he has metalic vines or snakes all over him. I know he doesn't, but that's the vib I get, especially from his hands. And his face kinda reminds me of the Predator. Maybe that's just me.

 

If this is the final product, I'm going to call shinanegens on the comments of "Hasbro is working closely with the project."

 

I have never dissed Hasbro...ever, but there is no way they could look at that picture and say, "Yeah, we can do that."

 

This thing is going to have so much safety plastic points on it, it's going to look like one of those rubbery, neon-pink pens that tweens use.

 

(I'm looking for a pic.....I give up)

where does his faction symbol go?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.