Movie Megatron?

Galaxy Maximus

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well hes evil and i sorta like the head but.... WTF i mean how the hell can that guy transform. thiers no kibble, i know often thats a good thing but thier should at least be some sort of solid mass in thier but right now hes just a mass of wires and small patches of metal

i think i should point out at this point megatron has not earth mode maybe if he gets one thier will be some more classic looking parts to him

Well I hope this makes all you "no more G1" guys happy. Yes, I am going to Starscream and Starscream loudly. This is abso-f'ing-lutely ridiculous looking. This is nothing even remotely recognizable as Megatron.

Yeah, not like this: http://www.tfu.info/2001/Predacon/Megatron/megatron.htm :tflaugh

Well I hope this makes all you "no more G1" guys happy. Yes, I am going to bitch and bitch loudly. This is abso-f'ing-lutely ridiculous looking. This is nothing even remotely recognizable as Megatron. No one is going to have any sense of nostalgia w/ this at all. I think most people (as opposed to fans) still want to see something similar to what they remember as kids. This is so far out there that I think even non-fanboys are going to thing WTF when this monstrosity shows up on the screen.

I was ok w/ some of the other changes. I actually like Blackout, mainly b/c he is a new character and they can do what they want, but this is too much change w/ an icon of the franchise. This movie is meant as a re-imagination of the franchise, but this Megatron is just stupid looking. Nothing about that says Megatron. It just looks like some random alien thing from a substandard crappy B-grade horror movie. Why did they have to F*&% w/ things so badly?

Bring it guys, flame on.

I think I'll just choose to ignore the bitching and smile quietly to myself :thumb

Megatron = terrifying killing machine

i'm bummed by the lack of an arm cannon and the head design (though i like the battle helmet).

Other than that...it's a badass looking bot! Is that going to be his earth mode though? or his cybertronian alt mode? Is it he'll be so badass that he'll just forego the hiding and start killing in that spaceship of doom?

Yeah... the more I see these designs, the more I think they look like what the Terminator's would have looked like had they evolved on the Predator's planet....

Any word on if Lance Henrikson's gonna appear in this movie at all? Be kinda disappointing if he weren't with these designs.

well hes evil and i sorta like the head but.... WTF i mean how the hell can that guy transform. thiers no kibble, i know often thats a good thing but thier should at least be some sort of solid mass in thier but right now hes just a mass of wires and small patches of metal

That's b/c there is no identifiable alt mode. That alien jet thing is a joke. Yes, he is supposed to be an alien robot, but WTF happened to the principle of "Robots In Disguise"??? Man, I cannot believe that all you guys are accepting this (not you personally Blitz, that comment was meant in general). This goes against pretty much everything that Transformers has always been about and is going to cause people to be highly confused when/if they go see it.

This is just movie 1. If it's successful, movie 2 will probably have the TF's in a new form anyway. Of course, I could be wrong. But it would make sense for the TF's to get new forms in movie 2.

Megatron has NEVER been consistent in terms of looking like G1. I figured the reaction towards Megatron wouldn't be as bad as the reaction towards Prime, but looks like I could be wrong.

also i want to add id like to see a more classic megatron not in terms of G1homages but a solid structure this thing looks like its out of terminator not TF's.

i think i should point out at this point megatron has not earth mode maybe if he gets one thier will be some more classic looking parts to him

i'm having the same concerns about prime as well

Archived