Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Movie Megatron?

Recommended Posts

well hes evil and i sorta like the head but.... WTF i mean how the hell can that guy transform. thiers no kibble, i know often thats a good thing but thier should at least be some sort of solid mass in thier but right now hes just a mass of wires and small patches of metal

That's b/c there is no identifiable alt mode. That alien jet thing is a joke. Yes, he is supposed to be an alien robot, but WTF happened to the principle of "Robots In Disguise"??? Man, I cannot believe that all you guys are accepting this (not you personally Blitz, that comment was meant in general). This goes against pretty much everything that Transformers has always been about and is going to cause people to be highly confused when/if they go see it.

Perhaps you should relax a bit before you post... :tfgrin obviously Megatron hasn't been reformatted into an Earth mode like all the others have, and obviously there's going to be a reason for it.

 

And really, Hobbes-timus Prime is totally right.... when you say it doesn't look like Megatron, which Megatron do you mean? G1? G2? BW? BM? RiD? Armada? Energon? Cybertron?

  • Replies 441
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is just movie 1. If it's successful, movie 2 will probably have the TF's in a new form anyway. Of course, I could be wrong. But it would make sense for the TF's to get new forms in movie 2.

 

Megatron has NEVER been consistent in terms of looking like G1. I figured the reaction towards Megatron wouldn't be as bad as the reaction towards Prime, but looks like I could be wrong.

The funny thing is that I am pretty much ok w/ the rest of the designs, but this POS they are passing off as Megatron is just too much. Like I said before, at least the other designs have identifiable alt modes, Megs turns into some weird "thing" and that is it.

well hes evil and i sorta like the head but.... WTF i mean how the hell can that guy transform. thiers no kibble, i know often thats a good thing but thier should at least be some sort of solid mass in thier but right now hes just a mass of wires and small patches of metal

 

 

i think i should point out at this point megatron has not earth mode maybe if he gets one thier will be some more classic looking parts to him

i'm having the same concerns about prime as well

I'm sure you'll find a way to get past it and buy the toy anyway

This is just movie 1. If it's successful, movie 2 will probably have the TF's in a new form anyway. Of course, I could be wrong. But it would make sense for the TF's to get new forms in movie 2.

 

Megatron has NEVER been consistent in terms of looking like G1. I figured the reaction towards Megatron wouldn't be as bad as the reaction towards Prime, but looks like I could be wrong.

The funny thing is that I am pretty much ok w/ the rest of the designs, but this POS they are passing off as Megatron is just too much. Like I said before, at least the other designs have identifiable alt modes, Megs turns into some weird "thing" and that is it.

This Megatron turns into a jet. He's done that before coughEnergoncough.

Megatron has NEVER been consistent in terms of looking like G1. I figured the reaction towards Megatron wouldn't be as bad as the reaction towards Prime, but looks like I could be wrong.

 

Aye! 't Is true. Arr.

 

Megatron hasn't looked the same twice. There where lots of times where Magetron was Megatron purely because of his name.The difference is that we where eased in to it, the BW Megatrons where a little more un-megatronish every time. Gigatron became Megatron and it was okay, since we where prepared by BW. And Armada Megatron had only one point of recognition; he was a tank. And Gf? Total departure from what we knew. This time we're truly off the deep end. Way deep. I'm loving this incarnation a I have loved every Megatron up to date.

This is just movie 1. If it's successful, movie 2 will probably have the TF's in a new form anyway. Of course, I could be wrong. But it would make sense for the TF's to get new forms in movie 2.

 

Megatron has NEVER been consistent in terms of looking like G1. I figured the reaction towards Megatron wouldn't be as bad as the reaction towards Prime, but looks like I could be wrong.

The funny thing is that I am pretty much ok w/ the rest of the designs, but this POS they are passing off as Megatron is just too much. Like I said before, at least the other designs have identifiable alt modes, Megs turns into some weird "thing" and that is it.

This Megatron turns into a jet. He's done that before coughEnergoncough.

 

 

You mean Galvatron!

 

Whatever, they're the same guy :roll

awwww he's not gonna look like an old cartoon character :tfsad

 

excuse me while I don't care :tflaugh

 

 

W/ all the chrome, he'll have a color scheme closer to G1 Megs than Classic Megs... :thumb

 

Are you really Nate Dogg??? why don't you ever rap about TF and ho Fembots?

well hes evil and i sorta like the head but.... WTF i mean how the hell can that guy transform. thiers no kibble, i know often thats a good thing but thier should at least be some sort of solid mass in thier but right now hes just a mass of wires and small patches of metal

That's b/c there is no identifiable alt mode. That alien jet thing is a joke. Yes, he is supposed to be an alien robot, but WTF happened to the principle of "Robots In Disguise"??? Man, I cannot believe that all you guys are accepting this (not you personally Blitz, that comment was meant in general). This goes against pretty much everything that Transformers has always been about and is going to cause people to be highly confused when/if they go see it.

Perhaps you should relax a bit before you post... :tfgrin obviously Megatron hasn't been reformatted into an Earth mode like all the others have, and obviously there's going to be a reason for it.

 

And really, Hobbes-timus Prime is totally right.... when you say it doesn't look like Megatron, which Megatron do you mean? G1? G2? BW? BM? RiD? Armada? Energon? Cybertron?

Any of them that turn into something believeable (which would exclude RiD Megs as well as quite a few others.)

 

And yes obviously, for some reason they decided that he hasn't been formatted. But to me, it looks like they are going for the horror movie effect and absolutely forgoing all realism, which is what I think is going keep people from taking this movie seriously. I think it is a big mistake for them to go this far towards the "alien" robots idea. I think most people want to see, and are expecting to see cars, planes and trucks turn into big freaking robots and fight each other, not some big alien turn into another big alien. That is just too far removed from the founding concept of TFs.

This is just movie 1. If it's successful, movie 2 will probably have the TF's in a new form anyway. Of course, I could be wrong. But it would make sense for the TF's to get new forms in movie 2.

 

Megatron has NEVER been consistent in terms of looking like G1. I figured the reaction towards Megatron wouldn't be as bad as the reaction towards Prime, but looks like I could be wrong.

The funny thing is that I am pretty much ok w/ the rest of the designs, but this POS they are passing off as Megatron is just too much. Like I said before, at least the other designs have identifiable alt modes, Megs turns into some weird "thing" and that is it.

This Megatron turns into a jet. He's done that before coughEnergoncough.

 

 

You mean Galvatron!

 

Whatever, they're the same guy :roll

oh brother...... :roll :roll

well hes evil and i sorta like the head but.... WTF i mean how the hell can that guy transform. thiers no kibble, i know often thats a good thing but thier should at least be some sort of solid mass in thier but right now hes just a mass of wires and small patches of metal

 

 

i think i should point out at this point megatron has not earth mode maybe if he gets one thier will be some more classic looking parts to him

i'm having the same concerns about prime as well

I'm sure you'll find a way to get past it and buy the toy anyway

if they make a transforming toy from that thats not a POS and looks as close to the movie as blackout i think it would be awsome. but im guessing the toy will look cooler then that concept for the fact it would have kibble and a more solid look

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.