Japanese TFs..... do you consider them transormers?

Hot Rod

I thought Stormbringer was between The War Within and Infiltration and had nothing to do with cartoon continuity. After all, we see a Decepticon Infiltration unit on Nebulos, something which directly contradicts the cartoon.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I view them as Tfs the same way I view my Targetmasters Quake and Needlenose and every other Tf toy that never made it into the cartoon, as transformers.

PS: Overlord was released in Europe too :D

There are more Transformery than losers like Needlenose

Poor Needlenose, Was released long after Thundercracker and co. but is much more of a brick. His name sucks too.

I thought Stormbringer was between The War Within and Infiltration and had nothing to do with cartoon continuity. After all, we see a Decepticon Infiltration unit on Nebulos, something which directly contradicts the cartoon.

Not sure how it is connected to the other comics but it has definetely no ties to the US cartoon. Which makes a different G1 Universe in my opninion. I think fans/writers should stop trying to link any of the continuities together and leave them as they are.

I am up for finishing the Dreamwave storylines and I do not mind if IDW continues them (as they were really good) but I like the direction IDW is going in as well. If their comics last as long as the Marvel series did there are a lot of options.

G1.5

Quit using that damn term! Just because the transformers were cancelled in the US doesn't mean G1 didn't continue in the rest of the world...

From Doubleheader to G2 Snarl to Optimus Minor to all of BM to Tidal Wave and E-Grimlock, I don't think Hasbro exclusive figures are worth collecting. Does that answer your question?

Poor Needlenose, Was released long after Thundercracker and co. but is much more of a brick.

Yet Needlenose had FAR more character development than Thundercracker could ever dream of! Despite appearing in comics, cartoons, books etc., Thundercracker was never developed as a proper character... which is a real shame because when you read his tech specs, he had a lot of potential to be a really interesting character. (but writers never bothered to exploit his persona)

His name sucks too.

Not as bad as "Scattor." Hasbro needs to look up the meaning of the word "scat." Then there's that Mini-Con, "Scattorbrain!" - I'd rather be called "Needle nose" than "Blot for brains!"

Quit using that damn term! Just because the transformers were cancelled in the US doesn't mean G1 didn't continue in the rest of the world...
:tard That's precisely what G1.5 refers to!! The line of tail-end G1 toys released in 1993 were packaged and marketed initially as G1, but then in the latter half of 1993 were repackaged and remarketed as Generation 2. This is why Transformers like Fearswoop can be a G1 or G2 Transformer depending on which packaging he came in! Many Transfans simply refer to these figures as Generation 1.5.

G1.5 was never released in the U.S. and was only available in the UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

if it wasnt for the japanese, we wouldnt even have transformers. so yes they are all transformers. every G1 series one mold came from a microchange mold.

ya kthx i'm aware, i'm talking about the transformers series' that aired that had zero characters from g1 or g2 in them in japan and the toys lines as well.

Zone and Operation Combination are the only Japanese series with no "G1" characters, and those two didn't get a cartoon. :P

:wtf zone had a one episode cartoon and all of the decepticons in zone were from earlier series and consisted of devastator, menasor, bruticus, predaking, king possidon(piranacon), trypticon, overlord and blackzarak

i do consider them to be tf g1 because headmasters is superior to the rebirth apart from daniel getting crippled :tflaugh

takara is/was the joint owner of transformers, the show is used to sell the toys do I need to spell it out for you?

transormers? :tftongue

Not sure how it is connected to the other comics but it has definetely no ties to the US cartoon. Which makes a different G1 Universe in my opninion. I think fans/writers should stop trying to link any of the continuities together and leave them as they are.

I am up for finishing the Dreamwave storylines and I do not mind if IDW continues them (as they were really good) but I like the direction IDW is going in as well. If their comics last as long as the Marvel series did there are a lot of options.

Stormbringer is in the same universe as Infiltration. That's why Figueroa had some freedom in designing the Pretenders especially Bludgeon.

Archived