Japanese TFs..... do you consider them transormers?

Hot Rod

i mean obviously they are "Transformers" but i meant do you consider them like you do g1 or g2? Shows like "Victory" "Masterforce" "Zone" all those shows with the wacky characters that look more like power rangers than transformers.

I have zero interest in japanese TFs from this time period with the exception to Powermaster Prime. All those characters have no draw for me at all. And i really don't understand the appeal.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, I consider them all! Though a bit d=strange at times compared to the early stuff, where the US market got stale the japanese market was trying new ideas and mold. We got some amazing toys from that time (late G1 japan) including Overlord, Victory Saber, and Star Convoy. Japanese Beast Wars had way more stuff than we ever got in the US and the had more fun with the line with VS sets and fun items like Tako Tank. Also why just Japan? Other countries had awesome TF items never seen stateside. The Turbomaster (though repainted as machine wars) were some good toys, that and they actualy fired some good missles (i've never taken my Tunderclash out of box, but have heard his missles go over 2 feet with a lot of power). Argentina had their own line with a lot of off the wall items added and became G1 exclusives to their line. Each little bit of Transformers for me has something fun and strange about it. It could be new ideas (good or bad), new molds, or exclusives only made in that country. They are all TF's to me :)

I do consider them to be regular TF's. The molds were originally japanese, so yes.

And no two years of TF toys have ever been the same. Take the headmasters in comparison to the dinobots, the're very different. But if you'd put the movie toys inbbetween, it makes sense. If you look at the toys in succesion, those late japanese G1 toys are sort of evolutionairy correct.

To me the japanese toys are just TF's that never made it to the western world.

I dont collect them but hell yeah they're TFs

I've never seen the show. I don't really know what happened in the show. I can't name 5 toys from those shows.

Sure, they're technically transformers. but when I think about transformers, I never think about the japanese shows.

It might be kinda wierd comming from me(to those of you who don't have a clue about me, that is), but TFs are better with an American element to them. The A/E/C kids being from the U.S. is a good example.

The Japanese TFs are still TFs to me, but their whole continuity just don't feel right(not that the US storyline was any better... see the monkey thing that "created" Unicron for one)

if it wasnt for the japanese, we wouldnt even have transformers. so yes they are all transformers. every G1 series one mold came from a microchange mold.

ya kthx i'm aware, i'm talking about the transformers series' that aired that had zero characters from g1 or g2 in them in japan and the toys lines as well.

Archived