Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why is Rebirth so hated?

Recommended Posts

  • Author
Armada>Rebirth

That's great bob, but I'm looking for reasons here.  Got any?

Here's a reason. He wasn't alive during G1, so he'd have no appreciation of it versus other stuff of that time. In other words, he's a young man who sees the world through Hutner rose colored glasses.

So? I wasn't alive during the 60's but I can appreciate Hendrix. 

 

The logic doesn't hold.

  • Replies 242
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense but then again, I once started a topic on the whole nostaliga issue.

 

Sure G1 had its faults but we grew up with it! So that automatically makes it the best cartoon you ever saw. Just like old Star Trek fans (I am not one of them) will always think The Original Series is the best of all the Star Trek shows.

 

Nostaliga is something one cannot beat. That is why we love the G1 figures so much because they have a special place in our heart.

Armada>Rebirth

That's great bob, but I'm looking for reasons here.  Got any?

Here's a reason. He wasn't alive during G1, so he'd have no appreciation of it versus other stuff of that time. In other words, he's a young man who sees the world through Hutner rose colored glasses.

So? I wasn't alive during the 60's but I can appreciate Hendrix. 

 

The logic doesn't hold.

But, you've probably lived through enough life experiences to have grown a bit of appreciation for things that came before you. Children have a hard time understanding anything they haven't experienced for themselves, IMO. Besides, I'm just giving you a hard time. Other than that I'm just blowing smoke.

  • Author
Armada>Rebirth

That's great bob, but I'm looking for reasons here.  Got any?

Here's a reason. He wasn't alive during G1, so he'd have no appreciation of it versus other stuff of that time. In other words, he's a young man who sees the world through Hutner rose colored glasses.

So? I wasn't alive during the 60's but I can appreciate Hendrix. 

 

The logic doesn't hold.

But, you've probably lived through enough life experiences to have grown a bit of appreciation for things that came before you. Children have a hard time understanding anything they haven't experienced for themselves.

Of course, all of this is speculation until X-Bob decides to respond for himself.

Armada>Rebirth

That's great bob, but I'm looking for reasons here.  Got any?

Here's a reason. He wasn't alive during G1, so he'd have no appreciation of it versus other stuff of that time. In other words, he's a young man who sees the world through Hutner rose colored glasses.

So? I wasn't alive during the 60's but I can appreciate Hendrix. 

 

The logic doesn't hold.

But, you've probably lived through enough life experiences to have grown a bit of appreciation for things that came before you. Children have a hard time understanding anything they haven't experienced for themselves.

Of course, all of this is speculation until X-Bob decides to respond for himself.

NOBALLS'D :tfevil

True. I mean, I am not that old myself but I do like say Status Quo because they rock.

 

Same thing with more stuff that is from before my day. But a lot of stuff is also too period specific to work nowadays. Like the old slapstick comedians. I am not sure how many people still find that funny.

 

10 the fact it should have been a five parter instead of a three parter

:wtf

 

He's right, Madhammer...in one of the interviews on the G1 S3 & 4 DVD set, it was stated that they originally wanted Rebirth to be five parts, and a lot of the story had to be cut to fit in the three episodes.

I still don't get the hatred for Rebirth.  It's not quite the suckfest you people make it out to be.  It certainly scores higher (IMO) on the watchability scale than RiD and Armada. 

 

Is it the Nebulons?  The lack of Dinobots?  No Munkky Prime?  What is it?

 

And please, no flaming.

[AngryFanboyrant]DARN YOU OLD AND MOLDLY G1ERS!!! STOP RANKING RID IN WITH ARMADA/ENGERGON! IT WAS LOADS BETTER AND HAD FRIGGIN BRAVE MAX!! SO STFU K,THX[/AngryFanboyrant]

 

Also I do like some parts of rebirth, the worse part was always the the acree+daniel, and the fact defensor didn't just step on galvatron or something, I mean why the **** didn't they combine? Same with the arielbots, SUPERION WINS AGANSIT SIXSHOT  ((not matter how cool sixshot is, and he has a friggin son!))...

 

Also how does a small con army verus a planet full of autobots work out?  I me WTF.

 

Yeah, and the kissing part with the tank and blurr. :tflaugh

 

 

Also, I was a fan during the G2 area, so I still got teh magic out of the G1 cartoon reruns.  Which I saw commericals for and what 3D effects did they even add? :tfhuh

Um... Fortress Maximus IS Generation 1. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Brave max=fort max

 

Just with different colors.

 

*changes anyway.* :roll

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.