Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why is Rebirth so hated?

Recommended Posts

Oh, and one more thing.....  Goldbug being turned back into Bumblebee at the end...  the whole Goldbug reincarnation lasted a whole 3 episodes, of which he hardly appeared anyway.

  • Replies 242
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I Love when people pull the "its not Believable" line in Transformers....I mean you believe in Giant transforming robots from another world that can think and feel as we do, but you can't just go with the stories and believe that Spike, Using alien machines, could build a city robot? I mean the planet was covered in those machines that the nebulons themselves used, and is no more unbelievable then when the 6 Constructicons without any machine help, just their hands built Trypticon in the same manner. If you really think about it....nothing is believable. If you can say, how are we to know if there really are giant transforming robots then how can you guess on what they or other alien races can do? You can't. Plus, it’s a TV cartoon...just go with it for entertainment sakes! lol.  

Does the phrase "internally consistent logic" mean anything to you?

I didn't hate it, it was actually quite fun. But what I didn't like about it, I really didn't like.

 

There are made for TV or video movies that are several episodesof a show chopped up and crammed into a movie half the length or more.

After I bought and watched the video I was convinced there was a show out there I had yet to see, with all the stuff "missing" from the video.

So I'd agree on it seeming crammed.

 

And again as mentioned, the whole show take on Nebulons.

The comic take on Headmasters was dodgy in a lot of places, but the show made the comic look like a masterpiece.

I remember finding the size of the Nebulons odd and the fact they sat in the heads as though they were cockpits.

And the fact they made the Transformers look so weak.

 

And finally, Arcee and Daniel.

I Love when people pull the "its not Believable" line in Transformers....I mean you believe in Giant transforming robots from another world that can think and feel as we do, but you can't just go with the stories and believe that Spike, Using alien machines, could build a city robot? I mean the planet was covered in those machines that the nebulons themselves used, and is no more unbelievable then when the 6 Constructicons without any machine help, just their hands built Trypticon in the same manner. If you really think about it....nothing is believable. If you can say, how are we to know if there really are giant transforming robots then how can you guess on what they or other alien races can do? You can't. Plus, it’s a TV cartoon...just go with it for entertainment sakes! lol. 

:rofl Awesome post.

It's the very poor drawing and colouring work that I hate from it, the story is alright, it did need more episodes and more time to flesh out all these sudden new characters, and I found the amount of time it took to build a huge TF like Fort Max to be a joke.  The sheer size of him and he's built within hours, now that's one amazing intellect.

But even in the 80s, the very poor animation and use of colours with some characters being drawn wrong, others looking like Decepticons - like Galvatron being both on Cybertron after the race at the start while also on his way to Cybertron to turn them all into metal shavings- and some of the voices being used for the wrong characters was very bad.  Really, they could have done better, they could do better these days if they were to try again.

 

-Chuckles

It's the very poor drawing and colouring work that I hate from it, the story is alright, it did need more episodes and more time to flesh out all these sudden new characters, and I found the amount of time it took to build a huge TF like Fort Max to be a joke.  The sheer size of him and he's built within hours, now that's one amazing intellect.

But even in the 80s, the very poor animation and use of colours with some characters being drawn wrong, others looking like Decepticons - like Galvatron being both on Cybertron after the race at the start while also on his way to Cybertron to turn them all into metal shavings- and some of the voices being used for the wrong characters was very bad.  Really, they could have done better, they could do better these days if they were to try again.

 

Tony.

 

*points at armada*

 

really?

rebirth sucked for many reasons

 

1 rushed episodes that had no time for character development because there were too many characters to introduce.

 

2 the animation was poor

 

3 cerebros was a total Beastbox

 

4 Daniel and Arcce :puke

 

5 the overuse of the phrase "the hive" in the explanation of the hierarchy on Nebulos

 

6 the walking into the autobot heads was just lame

 

7 the character introductions all sucked

 

8 the fact the nebulons knew what humans were even though they had never seen autobots.

 

9 the crappy one liners that they said before going into battle.

 

10 the fact it should have been a five parter instead of a three parter

 

(Sure headmasters isn't much better but it's way better than the rebirth suck ball action)

It's the very poor drawing and colouring work that I hate from it, the story is alright, it did need more episodes and more time to flesh out all these sudden new characters, and I found the amount of time it took to build a huge TF like Fort Max to be a joke.  The sheer size of him and he's built within hours, now that's one amazing intellect.

But even in the 80s, the very poor animation and use of colours with some characters being drawn wrong, others looking like Decepticons - like Galvatron being both on Cybertron after the race at the start while also on his way to Cybertron to turn them all into metal shavings- and some of the voices being used for the wrong characters was very bad.  Really, they could have done better, they could do better these days if they were to try again.

 

Tony.

 

*points at armada*

 

really?

 

at least armada got good the last few episodes. Rebirth was bad especially the Daniel Arcce thing going on :tfpuke. that relationship really needed japanese wheelie telling them how it was just wrong

The only thing I liked about Rebirth was the size of Fortress Maximus and Scorponok. I didn't like Arcee becoming a headmaster.

 

I didn't see Rebirth until about 5 or so years ago. I grew up on the idea of Headmasters through the Marvel comics, and actually prefer that version.

For you Headmasters Comic lovers -- remember that Scourge and Cyclonus were regular, everday, decepticons, and in no way related to Unicron whatsoever.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.