fort max? bah! he's tiny! updated with new pics

scubaboy31

Definitely like the way this is turning out - kudos to you! It's very ambitious but has potential to be the greatest custom ever! Like the idea of functional areas. (i.e. towers/arms as accomodation, legs as repair bays/motor pools) The hanger idea is cool and I also think the head would make a great comm-array/control tower.  Is the fold down ramp still gonna come from the right chest? If so, travellators would be a cool bit of detail for them. Really can't wait to see how this turns out.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my metroplex snapped in half at the waist.. i hope this doesn't happen to a metroplex on this size! what are you going to use for the waist? good work! i cant wait to see this finished

I'm in complete shock right now that is insane. The more I look at it the more I want to make one, lol. Very beautiful piece of work, now your next step after metro make a scale version of Fortress Maximus lol I couldn't even imagine how big that would be

No joke here, this has the potential to be the ULTIMATE Transformers kitbash of all time. The sheer size of it, let alone the hundereds of customizing ideas that could be implemented like Lights, Sound, etc. are mind boggling. When finished this will rival and most likely beat The G.I. Joe U.S.S. Flagg as the ultimate toy playset of all time.

p.s. 

After going back and looking at all the pictures you posted, the only constuctive criticism I can offer is that the space where the robot head would slide down into the upper chest cavity looks a little to narrow. I'm not sure what you are planning on using to construct the head, but based on that space it looks like is head would be too long front-to-back, and not wide enough. Other than that it's looking perfect so far. :thumb

yeah... he's pretty heavy. but no more than you'd expect a piece this size to weigh. to be honest using any other material would have been to fragile and not able to support his weight.

im hella impressed but i think i would have used sheet metal or something...especially if you know how to sauder (sp)...could have bent it more for the whole mold problem you mentioned earlier...yeah it would have been more work but you could cut and bend your details and sauder (sp) your details

i too cant wait to see this done

Archived