Is Optimus Prime a bully?

Devil Mazinkaiser

sometimes I wonder if somebody can think from outside the transformer world.  :redface

transformers is a toy line.

you want to sell prime toy ? it have a super mode ? so show it in the cartoon.

that's all.

don't try to find explanations about weakness of prime or anything else..  :redface

Says the guy who posts in a TF "fandom" discussion board.  :wtf

ANYWHOO..... if there IS a story associated to the toys via a cartoon, the story should have morals, a consistent plot line, and a purpose.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sometimes I wonder if somebody can think from outside the transformer world.  :redface

transformers is a toy line.

you want to sell prime toy ? it have a super mode ? so show it in the cartoon.

that's all.

don't try to find explanations about weakness of prime or anything else..  :redface

but that's the fun of it.

to Rawhide, i've always wondered about the non-sentient beings too.

Optimus Prime-"Freedom is the Right of all sentiant beings, now wheres that cage for Nightbird"

:rofl

Yeah, Optimus Prime is one of the biggest jerks in cartoon history. I hate people, real or otherwise, who says one thing and does the other.

Look at the way G1 Optimus Prime treats the Dinobots. The way he locked up Ravage (outside in a cage) while the Stunticons gets to be locked up inside the Ark. Of course, in "Megatron's Master Plan," he had no problem inflating his ego at the parade during "Autobot Day."

So if somebody don't believe in his "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings," what then? Blow them to bits? Sound a bit like ol' G. Dubya to me.

I can't believe people sees this jerk as a hero.

How many times do i have to say this....

IT'S BECAUSE OF POOR WRITING. OPTIMUS PRIME IS SUPPOSED TO BE A REPRESENTATION OF THE ULTIMATE HERO FOR FIVE YEAR OLDS, THE TARGET AUDIENCE FOR THE ORIGINAL CARTOON. EVERY SINGLE PowerglideING CHARACTER ON IT IS AN IDIOT, AND A STEREOTYPE HAVE NOT YOU NOTICED THIS BEFORE?!

jesus, it takes three seconds to figure that out. how come so few have?!

Says the guy who posts in a TF "fandom" discussion board.  :wtf

ANYWHOO..... if there IS a story associated to the toys via a cartoon, the story should have morals, a consistent plot line, and a purpose.

I don't criticize the "fandom" on itself.

but I've stopped to try to find logic explanations, logic evenements, logic scenarios on TF cartoons from a while.

Yes cartoons should have morals, a consistent plot line, and a purpose, but I've never saw that in transformers.

there's always something wrong, contradictions, illogisms, because scenarists don't care about.

i think in cybertron megatron is the physicaly stronger character hence why prime needs the help of a supa mode and combining

i agree, Prime isn't cheating, Megatron is just so freakishly strong and he should be since he's fused with Unicron's essence.

like you said:

OPTIMUS PRIME IS SUPPOSED TO BE A REPRESENTATION OF THE ULTIMATE HERO FOR FIVE YEAR OLDS, THE TARGET AUDIENCE FOR THE ORIGINAL CARTOON.

and five year olds are very impressionable. so when an adult tf fan takes an objective look at the G1 cartoons, it's like their messiah was suddenly revealed to be a fraud.

Well, of course, cartoon (and B-movies) supervillains always talk during the fight because they feel they will win and have to talk to their opponent, often giving away their grand master plan.

But it doesn't make for effective combat. It means the bad guys can win if they keep their mouth shut and continue to fight.

Also, something I'm starting to get irritated by, the whole cyberkey power up. Their in a fight or preparing to fight, then suddenly one of the combatans calls for the cyberkey and everything stops. Just plain stops. The caller starts to glow makes some poses (as if he needs to crap but can't), clouds form in the sky, the cyberkey comes sweeping down and the TF is powered up. He makes some more 'intimidating' motions and they can continue the fight.

How come no one ever thought to shoot the other when he calls for the cyberkey? I would. "Hey, my opponent is calling for something that will give him an edge, I'd better shoot him before he gets powered up." So while he's standing there making quasi-impressive moves, just shoot him. When the cyberkey finally arrives it will be too late.

(But I guess were just reading to much into this. Afterall, it's a childrens show :P)

How come no one ever thought to shoot the other when he calls for the cyberkey? I would. "Hey, my opponent is calling for something that will give him an edge, I'd better shoot him before he gets powered up." So while he's standing there making quasi-impressive moves, just shoot him. When the cyberkey finally arrives it will be too late.

(Bushido)But that wouldn't be honorable!(/Bushido)

like you said:

OPTIMUS PRIME IS SUPPOSED TO BE A REPRESENTATION OF THE ULTIMATE HERO FOR FIVE YEAR OLDS, THE TARGET AUDIENCE FOR THE ORIGINAL CARTOON.

and five year olds are very impressionable. so when an adult tf fan takes an objective look at the G1 cartoons, it's like their messiah was suddenly revealed to be a fraud.

Yeah, it's disgusting when you have 5 year olds worshiping Optimus Prime, much less a grown adult.

Archived